Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone "failed" and struggling with motivation?

• 17-08-2017 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I was only a few points off after a difficult year and becoming ill in the exam to boot.

Struggling to get motivated again, and was just wondering if anyone was in the same boat?

Any advice or tips from anyone who has been in a similar situation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

How many times have you sat the exam?

I've seen threads posted on other forums of some people taking up to four years to get the required score. Don't give up! I'm sitting the exam for the first time this September. Don't really know what to expect for it. The last few weeks have flown by and I haven't been able to spend as much time preparing as I'd like. I hope I get a half decent score anyway. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Maat

How many times have you sat the exam?

I've seen threads posted on other forums of some people taking up to four years to get the required score. Don't give up! I'm sitting the exam for the first time this September. Don't really know what to expect for it. The last few weeks have flown by and I haven't been able to spend as much time preparing as I'd like. I hope I get a half decent score anyway. :P

That was my first time. Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭inca2

I know people who sat it 7, even 8 times. They were successful in the end. Take a break from it for a bit if you need. I actually know very, very few who were successful on the first attempt. Most people I know did it twice or 3 times. Try not to get too bogged down or burned out and don't overthink it. There's no rush. Just try again when you feel ready. It will work out. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Maat

inca2 wrote: »
    I know people who sat it 7, even 8 times. They were successful in the end. Take a break from it for a bit if you need. I actually know very, very few who were successful on the first attempt. Most people I know did it twice or 3 times. Try not to get too bogged down or burned out and don't overthink it. There's no rush. Just try again when you feel ready. It will work out. Best of luck.

thanks so much for the reply!

Advertisement