Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre - response needed

Options
  • 17-08-2017 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

The attached image of Naas as per the Fibre Roll Out map says it all. My house is connected to the one, solitary cabinet in Naas that is yet to be made active for fibre. 

Can someone please explain why this cabinet was left out. What is the reason? I was fobbed off on Twitter saying it will be done in the next 12-18 months. I was told on Twitter however that there is nothing wrong with this cabinet, nor is there any issue on the road itself. So why is it the ONLY one in the Naas area not active? Why was it not done with the rest of the town. I'm not providing any details over PM, all done previously on Twitter. Can an eir rep please tell me why cabinet NAS1_0036 is not active for fibre. What is the technical reason that this was excluded when all other cabinets in the area were made active.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

The attached image of Naas as per the Fibre Roll Out map says it all. My house is connected to the one, solitary cabinet in Naas that is yet to be made active for fibre. 

Can someone please explain why this cabinet was left out. What is the reason? I was fobbed off on Twitter saying it will be done in the next 12-18 months. I was told on Twitter however that there is nothing wrong with this cabinet, nor is there any issue on the road itself. So why is it the ONLY one in the Naas area not active? Why was it not done with the rest of the town. I'm not providing any details over PM, all done previously on Twitter. Can an eir rep please tell me why cabinet NAS1_0036 is not active for fibre. What is the technical reason that this was excluded when all other cabinets in the area were made active.
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear you still can't avail of fibre broadband. I'm afraid not all cabinets get upgraded at the same time and they are upgraded on a stage by stage basis. There is no technical reason for this, we have a roll out plan for our fibre broadband and we wouldn't be able to get your cabinet upgraded any earlier than the estimated date on our website I'm afraid.

I'm very sorry that I can not give you better news here.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 16 therealgarlad

eir: Adam wrote: »

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you still can't avail of fibre broadband. I'm afraid not all cabinets get upgraded at the same time and they are upgraded on a stage by stage basis. There is no technical reason for this, we have a roll out plan for our fibre broadband and we wouldn't be able to get your cabinet upgraded any earlier than the estimated date on our website I'm afraid.

- Adam
    Thanks Adam

Can you explain why all the other cabinets in Naas are done, and not NAS1_0036? What was behind the decision to skip cabinet NAS1_0036 when all the others in the area I highlighted have been done, in particular the ones either side of cabinet NAS1_0036? 

What is involved in making a cabinet live? Does it involve an hours work? A day? A week? Please explain to me so I can try to understand how you are unwilling to assist a customer.

You mention cabinets are updated on a stage by stage basis - how many cabinets are in a stage? Will NAS1_0036 be included in a stage along with a cabinet in Donegal? Would make as much sense as what you're telling me! 

Can you let me know what it will take or who I should speak to so that the cabinet can be made live? You're just telling me the same thing over and over, so now I would like further info from perhaps the likes of an Area Manager for the Naas area. 

I was advised on Twitter that our home can't be moved to a live cabinet. You didn't tell me the reason why, so please inform me so that I can understand, especially when our home is closer to an already live cabinet.

We wouldn't be pushing this as much if the broadband you provide actually worked. The whole road suffers with unsatisfactory broadband speeds. 

Also, I've referred to your timeline for the rollout as per your website, and under Kildare, Naas isn't even listed!! Why? Because Naas, according to your map, is completely switched on - except for one cabinet - and eir considers Naas done and dusted.

So, as the forecast date for Naas is NOT on your website, please let me know when NAS1_0036 will be done.

Again, the timeline on your website only provides more evidence to the logic that NAS1_0036 was simply skipped/forgotten about for whatever reason. Naas is obviously considered completely done otherwise it would STILL be on your list. 

KILDARE BALLYMORE EUSTACE Second Half 2017 288
    KILDARE BALLYTORE Second Half 2018 123
    KILDARE BLACKTRENCH First Half 2018 152
    KILDARE BRANNOCKSTOWN Second Half 2017 197
    KILDARE BROADFORD First Half 2018 224
    KILDARE CALVERSTOWN First Half 2018 447
    KILDARE CARBURY Second Half 2017 475
    KILDARE CARRAGH Second Half 2017 168
    KILDARE CASTLEDERMOT First Half 2018 228
    KILDARE CELBRIDGE Second Half 2017 144
    KILDARE CHERRYVILLE Second Half 2017 27
    KILDARE CLANE Second Half 2017 422
    KILDARE COOLCARRIGAN First Half 2018 230
    KILDARE CURRAGH First Half 2017 299
    KILDARE DONADEA First Half 2017 469
    KILDARE DROICHEAD NUA First Half 2017 297
    KILDARE KILCOCK First Half 2018 365
    KILDARE KILCULLEN Second Half 2017 283
    KILDARE KILDANGAN First Half 2018 120
    KILDARE KILDARE First Half 2018 248
    KILDARE KILL First Half 2017 85
    KILDARE KILMEAD Second Half 2018 291
    KILDARE LEIXLIP Second Half 2018 90
    KILDARE MAGENEY First Half 2018 281
    KILDARE MAYNOOTH First Half 2017 406
    KILDARE MONASTEREVAN First Half 2018 284
    KILDARE NARRAGHMORE First Half 2018 224
    KILDARE NURNEY First Half 2018 215
    KILDARE RATHANGAN First Half 2018 419
    KILDARE ROBERTSTOWN First Half 2017 1099
    KILDARE SALLINS First Half 2018 187
    KILDARE STRAFFAN Second Half 2017 508

Hi there,

- Adam
    Thanks Adam

Can you explain why all the other cabinets in Naas are done, and not NAS1_0036? What was behind the decision to skip cabinet NAS1_0036 when all the others in the area I highlighted have been done, in particular the ones either side of cabinet NAS1_0036? 

What is involved in making a cabinet live? Does it involve an hours work? A day? A week? Please explain to me so I can try to understand how you are unwilling to assist a customer.

You mention cabinets are updated on a stage by stage basis - how many cabinets are in a stage? Will NAS1_0036 be included in a stage along with a cabinet in Donegal? Would make as much sense as what you're telling me! 

Can you let me know what it will take or who I should speak to so that the cabinet can be made live? You're just telling me the same thing over and over, so now I would like further info from perhaps the likes of an Area Manager for the Naas area. 

I was advised on Twitter that our home can't be moved to a live cabinet. You didn't tell me the reason why, so please inform me so that I can understand, especially when our home is closer to an already live cabinet.

We wouldn't be pushing this as much if the broadband you provide actually worked. The whole road suffers with unsatisfactory broadband speeds. 
    When the technician goes out to upgrade the cabinet, he would determine what work needs to be carried out in order for this to be completed. I'm afraid I couldn't give you an exact time that it would take to get this upgraded. 

There is no specific number of cabinets in each stage, however, as your cabinet is blue on our rollout map, we do have plans to get this upgraded to fibre. 

It wouldn't be possible to change the cabinet that you are connected to I'm afraid as when your line was originally installed, you would have been connected to the cabinet that is most viable to your home. 

Unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to speak to anyone to arrange for your cabinet to be upgraded I'm afraid. If you PM me your eircode, I may be able to give you more information on when this service will be available to you.

- Adam

Hi there,

- Adam
    Thanks Adam

When the technician goes out to upgrade the cabinet, he would determine what work needs to be carried out in order for this to be completed. I'm afraid I couldn't give you an exact time that it would take to get this upgraded. 

There is no specific number of cabinets in each stage, however, as your cabinet is blue on our rollout map, we do have plans to get this upgraded to fibre. 

It wouldn't be possible to change the cabinet that you are connected to I'm afraid as when your line was originally installed, you would have been connected to the cabinet that is most viable to your home. 

Unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to speak to anyone to arrange for your cabinet to be upgraded I'm afraid. If you PM me your eircode, I may be able to give you more information on when this service will be available to you.

- Adam
    Why is Naas no longer on your list? 

• Advertisement

Hi there,

- Adam
    Thanks Adam

- Adam
    I still have Naas listed on our map - http://www.openeir.ie/Our_Network/

Can you confirm which list you are looking at? 

Thanks

Adam 

Hi there,

- Adam
    Thanks Adam

- Adam

Thanks

Adam 

Hi there,

- Adam
    Thanks Adam

- Adam

Thanks

Adam 
    Sorry for the delay Adam. 

Here is the link that I'm referring to - https://c12ad0aaddf547e7aa52-04361240f0fcddabb02028a259afe028.ssl.cf3.rackcdn.com/Rural-Exchange-Timeline-24-April-2017.pdf

It's on your website - http://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/ - then select Rural Exchange Timeline. Naas isn't mentioned there anymore under Kildare. Why not?

Thanks 

Hi there,

- Adam
    Thanks Adam

- Adam

Thanks

Adam 

Here is the link that I'm referring to - https://c12ad0aaddf547e7aa52-04361240f0fcddabb02028a259afe028.ssl.cf3.rackcdn.com/Rural-Exchange-Timeline-24-April-2017.pdf

It's on your website - http://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/ - then select Rural Exchange Timeline. Naas isn't mentioned there anymore under Kildare. Why not?

Thanks 
    No problem.

Can you PM me your eircode please?

- Adam

Hi there,

- Adam
    Thanks Adam

- Adam

Thanks

Adam 

Thanks 
    No problem.

- Adam
    Sending that to you now

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi there,

- Adam
    Thanks Adam

- Adam

Thanks

Adam 

Thanks 
    No problem.

- Adam
    Sending that to you now

Thanks
    Thanks, I'll go through my PM's shortly and I'll be back in touch with an update.

- Adam

Advertisement