Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

REGISTRATION/TRANSFER PERIODS FOR AMATEUR GAME

• 17-08-2017 12:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on this subject. My query is in relation to Youths Football U17/U18

FAI have 2 transfer windows in the year for the amateur game
    • 1st June to 30th September inclusive
    • 1st December to the 31st of January inclusive

In the year, there are also 2 registration periods
    • 1st June to the 31st of March inclusive for the winter season
    • 1st of December to the 30th of September inclusive for the Summer
      Season

My question is:

Can a player who is registered with a team, to play in a winter season league that would start around September, transfer to a team playing in a summer league in the transfer window 1st Dec to 31st Jan? and vice versa?

The info from the FAI Rule Book as follows:

RULE 34. REGISTRATION/TRANSFER PERIODS FOR AMATEUR GAME

1. The registration period for the Amateur game, other than the SFAI, shall be 1st June to the 31st of March
    inclusive for the winter season and 1st of December to the 30th of September inclusive for the Summer
    Season.
    2. The two transfer periods for the Amateur game shall be 1st June to 30th September inclusive and the 1st December to the 31st of January inclusive with the exception of (3) below. However, an Amateur Player may be signed on a Professional Contract for the Professional Game during the Professional Registration Periods.
    3. The transfer period for all football under the jurisdiction of the SFAI up to and including the Under 16 grade shall be 1st August to 15th October inclusive in the current season. The registration period shall be as defined by the SFAI from time to time.
    4. If a Player’s registration expires naturally at the end of the current season (i.e. 31st May Winter Season/30th November Summer Season) a Transfer Form is not required for the Player to register with another club in another League. Players registered with clubs whose fixtures extend beyond the above dates are committed to these clubs until those fixtures are completed.

The bit I have highlighted above, what do they mean by this?

Advertisement