Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile version looks different on live server

Options
  • 17-08-2017 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭

I developed a site for a client on my own dev server, and created a custom wordpress template from scratch. Works perfect on mobile and desktop. Moved it to the live server and the three bar mobile menu had disappeared.

Same database, same files, same css.

So, thinking there was a difference in server software or something, I created a subdomain on the live server and copied all the data directly from the live server, to the subdomain. Everything works perfect on the subdomain as it did on my test server. Activate it on the live server - same problem again.

Im using the same version of wordpress on each, the same template with all the same files and I can't figure out why the mobile menu vanishes on the live server.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

problem sorted - the live site was running a responsive menu plugin

Advertisement