Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navan roadworks chaos

Options
  • 17-08-2017 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭

There seems to be a lot of coverage of the recent roadworks around Navan. A lot of very unhappy drivers trying to get in and out of the town.

I haven't really been affected myself as I've deliberately avoided Navan in the past few weeks.

I think this quote says it all from the mayor at how inept MCC are with communications...."There was a a sign on Kennedy Road on Monday evening that it closed, and there wasn't a thing happening. It didn't start until Tuesday evening. I don't know who is over this but it is a shambles."

http://www.meathchronicle.ie/news/roundup/articles/2017/08/17/4144564-traffic-management-a-shambles-navan-mayor/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

You're best bet is to park in the Tesco car park and walk.

This seems to happen every year where all roadworks are conducted just before schools start again instead of over the summer months

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

If you see the articles in the chronicle you will see the shambles that is MCC and the impact they have on the town.
    The funny thing is, the roads in navan were fine, it's the local roads outside the town that need to be redone.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

ELM327 wrote: »
    If you see the articles in the chronicle you will see the shambles that is MCC and the impact they have on the town.
    The funny thing is, the roads in navan were fine, it's the local roads outside the town that need to be redone.

Except for that stretch behind the shopping centre. Don't know why they resurface some parts that are ok and leave that bit like an offroad 4x4 trail.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

ELM327 wrote: »

Clearing out the budget for next year's submission.

Resurfaced the road outside Troytown, certainly wasn't needed, it was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Cannon_fodder

Road from bottom of Flower Hill up to fire station (so called Navan by pass) is in a shocking state, needs to be completely torn up and relaid again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Road from bottom of Flower Hill up to fire station (so called Navan by pass) is in a shocking state, needs to be completely torn up and relaid again
    +1
    That and the road outside the town centre carpark entrance at the firestation.

Advertisement