Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just after the lc(After a PLC course)

Options
  • 17-08-2017 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I need a bit of advice, so I'm planning to apply for an engineering plc course(it's not too late isn't it?) and I was wondering when I finish the course next year, can I apply to the cao 2018 and apply for courses that's within my 2017 leaving cert pts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I need a bit of advice, so I'm planning to apply for an engineering plc course(it's not too late isn't it?)
    It shouldn't be, but it depends what courses are available in your area, and the demand ... popular courses can sometimes be full before LC results even come out.

Get moving on it right away if this is what you want to do.
    ... and I was wondering when I finish the course next year, can I apply to the cao 2018 and apply for courses that's within my 2017 leaving cert pts?
    You can apply to CAO at the normal time next year (don't wait until you're finished the course, that will be too late for college the following year).

You can use your 2017 LC points, and you may be able to use your PLC results as well if the course you do has links to courses at 3rd level. You won't have your PLC results when you first apply, obviously, but it's the same as applying for the CAO this year, you didn't have your LC results when applying either.

Advertisement