Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Service Center in Ireland?

• 17-08-2017 7:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

I bought a Switch at launch and lately the left joy-con is acting up. In Zelda, Link just walks around by himself without any interaction from myself.

I bought it in Smyths and they couldn't be less helpful saying nothing more than "contact Nintendo"

Any ideas how or where i can send the controller to in order to get a replacement?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

steve_ wrote: »
    I bought a Switch at launch and lately the left joy-con is acting up. In Zelda, Link just walks around by himself without any interaction from myself.

I bought it in Smyths and they couldn't be less helpful saying nothing more than "contact Nintendo"

Any ideas how or where i can send the controller to in order to get a replacement?

Thanks for any help

The day I bought my switch there was a lad in front of me returned his switch for a left joycon issue, they broke open a single joycon box and replaced it rather than take it back...

Nintendo's service is based out of the UK but they ship stuff over and back for free.

https://nintendoservicecentre.co.uk

Include a photocopy of your receipt, although you'd be hard pressed to have an out of warranty Switch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Banjo wrote: »
    The day I bought my switch there was a lad in front of me returned his switch for a left joycon issue, they broke open a single joycon box and replaced it rather than take it back...

Nintendo's service is based out of the UK but they ship stuff over and back for free.

I know i asked would they do that for me and they said no. They were literally no help at all. I cant seem to source the details for Nintendo, ill do some more digging

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

steve_ wrote: »
    I know i asked would they do that for me and they said no. They were literally no help at all. I cant seem to source the details for Nintendo, ill do some more digging

You replied while I was editing in the link. Bump! Search no more!

Advertisement