Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching CV for substitute work

• 17-08-2017 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I'm currently starting a career break but hoping to get some subbing. I have only worked in one previous school for the last 6 years including doing my DIP there. My question is what do I include on my CV for subbing? With only one school should I list all other jobs I worked at such as clerical, shops etc? I can put my current principal down as a referee but I have no idea what to do for a second referee?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

keanocar wrote: »
    I'm currently starting a career break but hoping to get some subbing. I have only worked in one previous school for the last 6 years including doing my DIP there. My question is what do I include on my CV for subbing? With only one school should I list all other jobs I worked at such as clerical, shops etc? I can put my current principal down as a referee but I have no idea what to do for a second referee?

You're not allowed to work as a teacher if on a career break from teaching. Although there is some limited amount you can do, maybe 130 hours or something from memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 keanocar

You're not allowed to work as a teacher if on a career break from teaching. Although there is some limited amount you can do, maybe 130 hours or something from memory.

You're now allowed to work 300 hours. It only changed this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭infor123

keanocar wrote: »

With regards to 2nd referee, is there a department head you could put down or a sports head if you were involved in sport or any kind of extra curricular. I don't think it matters if you have two from same school I moved schools last year having spent 5 years in one
    School. Had subbed before that bit didn't see the point in using them as they weren't recent so used two from the same school as my main references.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 keanocar

infor123 wrote: »
    With regards to 2nd referee, is there a department head you could put down or a sports head if you were involved in sport or any kind of extra curricular. I don't think it matters if you have two from same school I moved schools last year having spent 5 years in one
    School. Had subbed before that bit didn't see the point in using them as they weren't recent so used two from the same school as my main references.

Thanks for that. My old principal retired over a year ago so going to go with him and new one

Advertisement