Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone - Discounted phone when you switch-Dunnes Valueclub mailing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

1 Can you only get the Nokia 3 in white with the offer, or can you get it in black.

2 Does the Nokia cost 70 euro in total, 50 plus 20 euro credit, or can you buy without credit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

timple23 wrote: »
    1 Can you only get the Nokia 3 in white with the offer, or can you get it in black.

2 Does the Nokia cost 70 euro in total, 50 plus 20 euro credit, or can you buy without credit?

I was offered it in black and blue . They had no white . I chose black.

Yes. 70 in total. The credit I got was separate and not added to the the sim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

A little confused, I already have a pay-as-you-go phone number with Vodafone that is over a decade old do I have to get a number from another carrier to avail of this offer or can I retain my existing number.

has to be a new number from a different provider, and not lycra mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

DERICKOO wrote: »
    A little confused, I already have a pay-as-you-go phone number with Vodafone that is over a decade old do I have to get a number from another carrier to avail of this offer or can I retain my existing number.

You need to port(switch) a number from another network.Free sim card can be obtained from meteor/eir.

• Advertisement

I have ordered the following flip case for the Nokia 3

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-Quality-Luxury-Leather-Flip-Case-For-Nokia-6-5-5-Cover-Wallet-Bag-Kickstand-Phone/32795030836.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.bKGlD5

its going to be an xmas present for my mother,

I will post back a review of the case if anyone is interested when it arrives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Yes, has to be a different number but you can purchase a sim only card with new number from meteor and use this number to Port over to Vodafone, three colours available, white, black, blue, you can ask for the 20 euro top up on voucher, this will be attached to your receipt, this is part of the package. The new phone is supposed to be unlocked so you can use your old Vodafone number if you wish, you will need to call into Vodafone with your old sim and get a new sim card as a 10 year old sim will be too big to insert. They can transfer over any numbers which may be stored on the old sim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭rebelbmx

Still trying to get my hands on a voucher, if anyone has one please scan it and upload, I'll just print it off, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

rebelbmx wrote: »
    Still trying to get my hands on a voucher, if anyone has one please scan it and upload, I'll just print it off, thanks

me too, anyone has a spare Voucher please or even used one? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

brightkane wrote: »

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-Quality-Luxury-Leather-Flip-Case-For-Nokia-6-5-5-Cover-Wallet-Bag-Kickstand-Phone/32795030836.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.bKGlD5

I got the original gel case for the wife off amazon for ~€10.50. Vodafone are charging €20. You might think I'm mad but it fits perfectly and doesn't make the phone too bulky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Farango

can anyone send me voucher on PM it can be just a scan or photo, thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Farango wrote:
    can anyone send me voucher on PM it can be just a scan or photo, thanks

I wonder will that do, they tore off the back page of booklet when I purchased today.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

bromley52 wrote: »

I got the original gel case for the wife off amazon for ~€10.50. Vodafone are charging €20. You might think I'm mad but it fits perfectly and doesn't make the phone too bulky.
    Same case available on eBay for €1.12
    https://m.ebay.ie/itm/Soft-Ultra-Slim-TPU-Gel-Protective-Transparent-Case-Cover-Skin-For-Nokia-3-5-/192167172498?var=&hash=item2cbe0e5992:m:mGHT_QuTtalIa0ePFexR7Ng&_trkparms=pageci%3A3135e0fb-9e31-11e7-9872-74dbd180f746%7Cparentrq%3Aa08a62ba15e0a99b93c6f8a9ffe71306%7Ciid%3A7

august12 wrote: »
    I wonder will that do, they tore off the back page of booklet when I purchased today.

I'm willing to try it. People said a few pages back that the redeem codes are the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

• Registered Users Posts: 24 biscut

If anyone has a spare voucher or can scan it or will you PM me please. My phone got wet and packed up yesterday.
    Badly stuck for a new one.
    Thanks

Thanks to Connrang for the voucher, I managed to get the Nokia 3 today. I just told the sales person that dunnes stores emailed me the voucher. The first Vodafone store I went to didn't accept it but the second store did no problem.

See link for voucher below, just cut it out.

https://previews.pdf-archive.com/2017/09/21/voucher-scan/preview-voucher-scan-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rachaelf750

Ok Everyone, Here you go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 biscut

Thanks to both of you for the images.

Can anyone advise which is the better phone the Nokia 3 or the Samsung J3.

Cheers

biscut wrote: »
    Thanks to both of you for the images.

Can anyone advise which is the better phone the Nokia 3 or the Samsung J3.

Cheers

Nokia 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

Is the Nokia 3 Unlocked for sure ?
    was chatting with Vodafone rep in store and he was sure they are all locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Has anyone been successful using the printout of the voucher uploaded above?

Thanks to Connrang for the voucher, I managed to get the Nokia 3 today. I just told the sales person that dunnes stores emailed me the voucher. The first Vodafone store I went to didn't accept it but the second store did no problem.

See link for voucher below, just cut it out.

https://previews.pdf-archive.com/2017/09/21/voucher-scan/preview-voucher-scan-1.jpg

Could you please tell which store accepted the voucher?

My one was unlocked

mac.in wrote: »
    Could you please tell which store accepted the voucher?

A cork store

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭sapphade

A cork store

Used a printout of the scanned voucher in store in athlone at the weekend . The saleswoman didn't want to take it but the manager said it was ok . Got a black phone and just checked meteor sim in it and it works fine :) cheers lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭sosq

Unlocked for sure

The front facing camera didn't work on mine properly so might be worth checking it works. I just exchanged mine no bother.

Pressing the 2 buttons at the same time, min-max piece of stringy thing appears and a wheel flies from one end to the other.

But no screenshot is saved in my folders.

Sorted - volume needs to be above min or off.

• Advertisement

Tried the printout in Waterford Store, no success.

mac.in wrote: »
    Tried the printout in Waterford Store, no success.

I'd try another store as the first store I went to didn't accept it either but got it in the second store. I just told them I received the voucher in an email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

If it's of use to anyone, there is a similar Groupscheme offer of Smart Prime 7 for €49.99 and Galaxy J3 for €99.99 available at http://leadingloyalty.com/_extras/images/vodafone-new.png

The Groupscheme website says just to print it out and take it to the store. Valid until 31.01.18

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

just a heads up on the nokia 3. I would stay well away from it. Since I bought it have had nothing but trouble with the black screen and it deciding to shut down . Its to do with the recent software upgrade apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

just a heads up on the nokia 3. I would stay well away from it. Since I bought it have had nothing but trouble with the black screen and it deciding to shut down . Its to do with the recent software upgrade apparently.

My wife has it and has had no problems. The last software update was over the weekend.

bromley52 wrote: »
    My wife has it and has had no problems. The last software update was over the weekend.

Same here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Same here
    i must be one of the unlucky ones!! its annoying having to rebootbit every time it happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

maybe I should have read the reviews before buying it but is anyone finding the Nokia 3 sluggish? Also, any feedback on the photo quality? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

caycro wrote: »
    maybe I should have read the reviews before buying it but is anyone finding the Nokia 3 sluggish? Also, any feedback on the photo quality? Thanks

Finding it sluggish alright. Some apps might as well be not usable like Snapchat. In saying that I only use it for calls and texts as a work phone. Have WiFi and 3g disabled as I don’t use it for data

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

jonny_b wrote: »
    Finding it sluggish alright. Some apps might as well be not usable like Snapchat. In saying that I only use it for calls and texts as a work phone. Have WiFi and 3g disabled as I don’t use it for data

I'm tempted to sell mine on and go back to a better phone :mad: Loved my old Lumia phones and was expecting better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

caycro wrote: »
    I'm tempted to sell mine on and go back to a better phone :mad: Loved my old Lumia phones and was expecting better
    if your Dublin based send me a pm I'd be interested

• Advertisement

Nokia 3 now works with kbc app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭sosq

Ladies and Gentleman,
    are you still looking for vouchers? I always say if you have any query go to straight to the source. So I sent an email to Dunnes Store and asked them for a voucher. Just got it into my letter box today :D
    eX6S1
    https://imgur.com/a/eX6S1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

sosq wrote:
    Ladies and Gentleman, are you still looking for vouchers? I always say if you have any query go to straight to the source. So I sent an email to Dunnes Store and asked them for a voucher. Just got it into my letter box today

Print off refused in Vodafone in cavan today.
    Will Try emailing Dunnes as suggested above by @sosq

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

sosq wrote:
    Ladies and Gentleman, are you still looking for vouchers? I always say if you have any query go to straight to the source. So I sent an email to Dunnes Store and asked them for a voucher. Just got it into my letter box today

shineon23 wrote:
    Print off refused in Vodafone in cavan today. Will Try emailing Dunnes as suggested above by @sosq

Update on this.

Shiny voucher came in the post to me today.

Emailed Dunnes last Friday evening so took 4 working days. If you include today and stormy Monday.

Thanks again @sosq

I'm on my third Nokia 3 in just over a month, not the best quality phone.

Anyone know if the Samsung J3 is unlocked?

What's happening with them?

The front facing camera was faulty on the first one.

On the second one in the mornings the screen would just stay black and I wasn't able to see anything on the screen for up to 30 mins, then all be fine till the next morning.

If it's faulty within 28 days, Vodafone will just hand you a new one.

Anyone?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement