Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone - Discounted phone when you switch-Dunnes Valueclub mailing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭Alpha8

rebelbmx wrote: »
    Anyone?

It's not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭alksander

shineon23 wrote: »
    Update on this.

Shiny voucher came in the post to me today.

Emailed Dunnes last Friday evening so took 4 working days. If you include today and stormy Monday.

Thanks again @sosq

Asked them Monday for one, they were happy to send, asked to confirm my details, but then yesterday they came back they don't have any left.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

alksander wrote: »
    Asked them Monday for one, they were happy to send, asked to confirm my details, but then yesterday they came back they don't have any left.

alksander - PM me an address I’ll send you one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭rebelbmx

Alpha8 wrote: »
    It's not

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

Similar situation to alksander. Sent email as was told my mailing isn't due until Dec and was told none left. If anyone has a spare voucher I'd appreciate it - will definitely get used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

donnacha wrote:
    Similar situation to alksander. Sent email as was told my mailing isn't due until Dec and was told none left. If anyone has a spare voucher I'd appreciate it - will definitely get used.

Did you get sorted Donnacha?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Gruffalo22

Would appreciate a voucher if anyone has one spare - I was told that there were none left too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

gerard2210 wrote: »
    Did you get sorted Donnacha?

Not yet unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

donnacha wrote:
    Not yet unfortunately.

Send me your address by pm and i'll send you one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

If anyone has one space I'd love it as need a new phone thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Has anyone managed to get a Smartprime 7 recently in Dublin? Was in the Pavillions Shopping Centre today and they said they have no more in stock anywhere as they were discontinued. I asked what they had replaced that model with and they said 'nothing'. I don't want the Nokia and I'm not paying €80 for the Samsung.

Anyone buy one recently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭raxy

I was told the same thing in Liffey valley 2 weeks ago. Got the Nokia 3 phone instead. Thinking of bringing it back though. Apps keep closing themselves & the screen becomes in responsive.
    Tried an online chat with Nokia & they told me to delete app cache & install an SD card & format as extra memory.
    All I'm using is apps like boards, web browsing & Facebook.

The smart prime 7 is €99.99 on their website & you can get €40 off when moving your number to vodafone. not as cheap as the dunnes offer but might be available to buy.
    The vodafone 8 series replaced the 7 series, dunno how vodafone staff couldn't tell that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Starting a new thread as new offer in the current Dunnes Valueclub mailing, you get a printout on the back of your vouchers with the offer. You can't switch from a Lyca mobile SIM, anything else appears fair game. If your not switching your main number how you obtain another SIM to switch from is your own business :pac:.

3 phones on offer, you have to topup by €20 upon purchase, says offer available until 31st December 2017.

Vodafone Smart Prime 7 €29.99, was €99.99

Vodafone_Smart_prime_7_black_large.png

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/vodafone-smart-prime-7-pay-as-you-go-black

Samsung Galaxy J3 €79.99, was ,€159
    Samsung_J3_2016_Gold_large.png

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/samsung-galaxy-j3-2016-pay-as-you-go-gold

Nokia 3 €49.99, was €149.99

Nokia_3_black_matte_large.png

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/nokia-3-pay-as-you-go-black-matte

Just asking the question, why are people ordering free sims from eir and elsewhere when availing of this offer?
    The wife still has her voucher and is going to use it next week, she is currently on payg with 02/three.
    And finally, which phone would people recommend between the nokia and the samsung?
    She mainly uses it for talking to the kids, facebook, whatsapp and keeping her photos.
    Thanks.

People are ordering eir sims if they are already with vodafone. As the deal is only available when porting to vodafone they are porting to eir so they can port back to vodafone & get the deal.
    I've only seen complaints about the nokia & the reviews online for it are bad as well. I certainly wouldn't recommend the nokia from my experience with it. It is a nice phone to use & I want to like it but it gets painful with the apps shutting down all the time.
    I haven't seen anyone mention the samsung phone but I would be tempted to say its the better phone, samsung are generally reliable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Donal55 wrote: »
    Just asking the question, why are people ordering free sims from eir and elsewhere when availing of this offer?
    The wife still has her voucher and is going to use it next week, she is currently on payg with 02/three.
    And finally, which phone would people recommend between the nokia and the samsung?
    She mainly uses it for talking to the kids, facebook, whatsapp and keeping her photos.
    Thanks.

We'll, I'm already with Vodafone, so I couldn't avail of the offer without first getting my hands on a sim from a different network. Got new phone and new Vodafone SIM, but then just used my original Vodafone SIM.
    If your wife is with O2/three, she can switch to Vodafone as normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Donal55 wrote:
    Just asking the question, why are people ordering free sims from eir and elsewhere when availing of this offer? The wife still has her voucher and is going to use it next week, she is currently on payg with 02/three.

Because you need to switch to Vodafone to avail of the offer and most of us just want the phone and stay with the network we are currently on, so a work around is, order a sim with a new number from another provider and give this number to Vodafone when purchasing the phone, the phone is unlocked so you are then able to put in the sim you normally use into the phone and remain with the network you are on.

august12 wrote: »
    Donal55 wrote:
    , the phone is unlocked so you are then able to put in the sim you normally use into the phone and remain with the network you are on.

The nokia phone is unlocked, I don't think the samsung phone is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Its back...

Huawei Y6 - 39
    Samsung J3 - 99
    Sony xperia L1 - 69

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭satya

If anybody has a voucher that they are not going to use can you please pass it on to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

If anybody has a voucher that I would be very interested. Many thanks,

Which seems the best of the lot ? Sony L1 looks best interms of specs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭billbond4

The Xperia L1 looks the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭muckbrien

Is the y6 the old model or the newer 2017 model

Would look to be the best value if so

Dunno about that sony if you have to buy credit to get it,it's way overpriced at rrp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭muckbrien

How long are the vouchers valid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

If anyone has a voucher going unused, I’d love one, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭billbond4

The rrp for the Xperia L1 is about right its 130gbp on amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

I have a voucher that I'm not using, I'll gladly post on to anyone

*Voucher Gone*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Gladly nab that if I can :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

muckbrien wrote: »
    Is the y6 the old model or the newer 2017 model

Would look to be the best value if so

Dunno about that sony if you have to buy credit to get it,it's way overpriced at rrp

Wondered this too. Its the 2017 which is good as it has a fairly meaty battery

• Advertisement

Can anyone who is getting this confirm if the phone is unlocked whenever they get it ?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

muckbrien wrote: »
    How long are the vouchers valid?

Until 31st May.

If someone has got a voucher I'd love one as I'm still using a Vodafone Smart 3 from 2013!

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

If anyone wants to bung me a euro via PayPal I will gladly post a voucher out.

danjo-xx wrote: »
    If anyone wants to bung me a euro via PayPal I will gladly post a voucher out.

PM Sent :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

I've a spare voucher here if anyone wants it.

Voucher gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

I’d love it if it’s still available :)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭slimshady007

For someone who isn't particularly tech savvy what would I need to do to avail of this offer to get my daughter a phone. I'm currently on vodafone bill pay and she's never had a phone (I'm hoping to graduate from been the meanest dad ever to been a "cool" dad when she turns 13 in a few weeks).

I've read through the thread and seen the recommendation to order a free sim (eir maybe) but I have no phone to put it in for them to verify the number unless I put it in my phone but it's likely to be locked to Vodafone only sims? Any help/advice much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes your phone will be most likely locked unless you are out of contract and can call them for an unlock code. You should see if any friends or family have an old non vodafone locked phone you can borrow to put a sim card in and then switch.

You could buy an unlocked phone from Argos for €15 and use that with a non Vodafone SIM to obtain the deal, obviously that then eats in to the savings of the deal...
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4647438/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7COffice%252C%2BPCs%2Band%2Bphones%7C14418968/c_2/3%7C50000541%7CMobile%2Bphones%2Band%2Baccessories%7C50000542/c_3/4%7Ccat_50000542%7CSIM%2Bfree%2Bmobile%2Bphones%7C50000545.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Donkey OTae

Just pop in to the store with the sim card you want to transfer over to Vodafone.
    They'll have a spare phone in the shop that you can pop the sim into for 2 seconds in order to confirm it; if they ask
    ...........Sure isnt the reason you want the offer is because your old Eir phone get water damaged at the St Patricks Day parade and it wont turn on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

any vouchers, will pay postage obviously cheers

What size you of dl SD card does the y6 take?

Many thanks

Mico sd upto 128 gb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

2 vouchers available here. PM for details

all gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭draycottgirlz

Pablo1802 wrote: »
    2 vouchers available here. PM for details

I'm interested if they are still available thanks

• Advertisement

What is the easiest way to get the y6 unlocked?

tv3tg4 wrote:
    What is the easiest way to get the y6 unlocked?

Is it locked ? Has anyone checked other phones ? Nokia last time was unlocked..cheers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭freebee23

Hi All,

Was going to head over to Vodafone on Friday to avail of this offer but unable to locate my voucher. I rescued it from the Green bin 3 weeks ago but my wife thinks she put it back in again last week after doing a clear out!!! Ironically I wanted to buy the Y6 for herself as a present.
    I would appreciate if someone could send one my way.
    Cheers,
    freebee23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

freebee23 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Was going to head over to Vodafone on Friday to avail of this offer but unable to locate my voucher. I rescued it from the Green bin 3 weeks ago but my wife thinks she put it back in again last week after doing a clear out!!! Ironically I wanted to buy the Y6 for herself as a present.
    Cheers,
    freebee23

I know your pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭you2008

freebee23 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Cheers,
    freebee23
    Well. She bined her gift :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement