Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone - Discounted phone when you switch-Dunnes Valueclub mailing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,107 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Anyone want my coupon?
    Paypal the cost of the stamp.

*gone*

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sdoran

I will take it thanks if still available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

I'll take a coupon thanks if anyone has one. I'll send on the cost of postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭alanowx

Called into store and picked up Samsung J3 with this offer. Phone is locked to Vodafone but was expecting that so no worries.

Extra Bonus's

1 - Opted for PAYG Smart Extra plan - 1st Month top-up is free so no charge for 20e voucher.
    2 - Register your new phone with Vodafone to get an extra 20GB free data courtesy of 'Fantastic Freebies'.

Not sure if any of that 20Gb, if unused, will qualify for data roll-over next month. Otherwise I'll be busy with 26Gb to use up :) See Data Rollover T&C here https://n.vodafone.ie/support/pay-as-you-go-hub/pay-as-you-go/data-rollover.html

Total outlay 99.99 for J3 phone + 2.50 for new Tesco sim (Sim normally 7.50e but free with 15e topup voucher, Bought voucher and sold to family member for 12.50).

So Thanks OP & Roberto Gas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

alanowx wrote:
    Total outlay 99.99 for J3 phone + 2.50 for new Tesco sim (Sim normally 7.50e but free with 15e topup voucher, Bought voucher and sold to family member for 12.50).

Does this mean u dont need to top up the phone ??

Correct.

I just put the Tesco sim in an old unlocked phone I keep. No need to top it up with the voucher - it is not necessary to make calls with it just able to receive a call when the rep calls that number in store to check its active. Your top-up voucher, if you buy one, is yours to dispose off as you wish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Sesame

I didn't get the first month free. Maybe I should have.
    I got the Sony L1 and delighted with it. Coming from a Samsung s5 and thinking of treating myself to an S9.
    Big difference I know, but I was going to treat myself!
    Anyway, I saw sense, got the L1 with the Dunnes voucher and asked the girl in the Vodafone shop, who was very interested and knowledgeable, if the S9 was really worth 15 times the price of the L1, and how much better is it? She raised her eyebrows cynically!
    I am spending the savings on a holiday. Much more fun than trying to protect a little black box from getting a scratch.

It may be the case that you only get first month free if you switch to their Smart Extra plan.

I got an S7 on contract 2 years ago, was looking also at S9 but decided against it. As you say too much minding, alot to be said for decent cheap phone.

Sesame wrote:
    I didn't get the first month free. Maybe I should have. I got the Sony L1 and delighted with it. Coming from a Samsung s5 and thinking of treating myself to an S9. Big difference I know, but I was going to treat myself! Anyway, I saw sense, got the L1 with the Dunnes voucher and asked the girl in the Vodafone shop, who was very interested and knowledgeable, if the S9 was really worth 15 times the price of the L1, and how much better is it? She raised her eyebrows cynically! I am spending the savings on a holiday. Much more fun than trying to protect a little black box from getting a scratch.

Is it network locked to vodafone ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Sesame

Don't know for certain but I did ask and she said it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Samauri99

Hi all new phone needed if anyone has a spare voucher for Vodafone from dunes stores it would greatly appreciated I will cover the post by PayPal thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Juicystar11

Does anyone know what advantages the Samsung J3 has over the Sony Xperia L1?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Does anyone know what advantages the Samsung J3 has over the Sony Xperia L1?:)

I thought it was the XA1?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Juicystar11

I thought it was the XA1?

It says L1 on the voucher:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭MFlack2012

Does anyone know how these work. I've switched from Vodafone to Three a while ago and don't want to switch back, but my mum (on Vodafone) needs a new phone. Do you know if you are actually required to change your provider to claim the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

MFlack2012 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how these work. I've switched from Vodafone to Three a while ago and don't want to switch back, but my mum (on Vodafone) needs a new phone. Do you know if you are actually required to change your provider to claim the phone?

Yes. You need to port a number in the purchasers name. I think Eir send out free SIMs or if you don't mind spending €5 you can get a Tesco one.

bromley52 wrote: »
    Yes. You need to port a number in the purchasers name. I think Eir send out free SIMs or if you don't mind spending €5 you can get a Tesco one.

Many thanks, will try that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Donkey OTae

Hi if any has a spare voucher I'd really appreciate it & can send PayPal straight away to cover postage.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I think I have one all right, will double check later.

• Advertisement

mik_da_man wrote: »
    I think I have one all right, will double check later.

If you have that would be great my Mom would really appreciate it. I can send by PayPal. Thanks

Does anyone know if the number has to have been registered/activated or in use for a certain period to switch (e.g €120 credit applied)??

I'd say none of the above at least in the case of a new Tesco sim.

Popped new Tesco sim in an unlocked phone, waited for signal and usual texts to arrive to give settings. I Phoned the number the see it was accepting calls and 15 mins later I was in Vodafone store ready to port.

The most difficult part of the exercise what to remember the new Tesco phone number when asked by Vodafone rep what it was before they rang it.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

MFlack2012 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the number has to have been registered/activated or in use for a certain period to switch (e.g €120 credit applied)??

Not with Eir. I ordered a free SIM online with Eir, popped it into an unlocked phone when it arrived and went straight to a Vodafone store to avail of this offer.

The Vodafone store agent only has to ring the phone to confirm the number you're porting is yours to be able to honour the offer. The porting doesn't actually have to succeed, as it happens after you've bought the phone, but in my case it did.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

If you have that would be great my Mom would really appreciate it. I can send by PayPal. Thanks

Yep, I have one, hit me a PM with an address and I'll send it on.
    No PayPal needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

can i get a voucher if someone has it spare?

• Advertisement

Quackster wrote: »
    Not with Eir. I ordered a free SIM online with Eir, popped it into an unlocked phone when it arrived and went straight to a Vodafone store to avail of this offer.

The Vodafone store agent only has to ring the phone to confirm the number you're porting is yours to be able to honour the offer. The porting doesn't actually have to succeed, as it happens after you've bought the phone, but in my case it did.

Ordered my free eir sim but don't have an unlocked phone :rolleyes: Do they call it before you purchase? Can I just say I left my phone at home? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Do you have to purchase Vodafone credit when you buy the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    Do you have to purchase Vodafone credit when you buy the phone?

Yes officially yes, however there have been cases where it wasn't asked.

Bought this phone today for the discounted price.
    I have tried dc-unlocker after installing HiSuite on my laptop.
    I have USB debugging enabled on phone.
    However, when I scan with dc-unlocker it doesn't recognise the phone.
    Is there a tutorial available for the process involved?
    Thanks.

Frank_1969 wrote:
    Bought this phone today for the discounted price. I have tried dc-unlocker after installing HiSuite on my laptop. I have USB debugging enabled on phone. However, when I scan with dc-unlocker it doesn't recognise the phone. Is there a tutorial available for the process involved? Thanks.

Which phone ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭niallb

HiSuite would suggest the Huawei.

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    Bought this phone today for the discounted price.
    I have tried dc-unlocker after installing HiSuite on my laptop.
    I have USB debugging enabled on phone.
    However, when I scan with dc-unlocker it doesn't recognise the phone.
    Is there a tutorial available for the process involved?
    Thanks.

Hi I hope this helps. On the P8 Lite what I did was
    1. connected phone to pc, accepted the HiSuite install & ensured it was done correctly ie the phone was recognised by the pc.
    2. Disconnected the phone
    3.installed Dc-unlocker with the most recent version from their website. Bought 4 credits for €4 to pay for unlocking. Then closed dc-unlocker program
    4. Connected phone back to pc. Important: I did NOT accept HiSuites request to connect to the phone.
    5. Important: On the phone keypad, I had to enable the "Manufacture Mode" so I keyed in *#*#2846579#*#* I then went "project menu", "background settings", USB Port settings, "Manufacture Mode".
    6. On the PC I opened the DC unlocker program, chose Huawei Phones, Select Model: Auto Detect (recommended!). Then I pressed the magnifying glass which "found" the phone.
    7. Go to "Server" and input the name & password details you bought the credits with. Hit Check Login and like me you'll have 4 credits.
    **Important - make sure HiSuite isnt running this caused an error on my 1st attempt & cost me an extra €4 when I went to unlock.
    8. Now the cool stuff hit "Unlocking" - "Network Unlock" - wait about 30 seconds and you'll get the mssg "Phone successfully unlocked" - credits left 0.
    Happy Days.
    If for any reason you get an error code, dont disconnect the phone from the pc. First ensure again that HiSuite isnt running. Click the magnifying glass again and try the "Unlocking" - "Network Unlock".

Hi I hope this helps. On the P8 Lite what I did was
    1. connected phone to pc, accepted the HiSuite install & ensured it was done correctly ie the phone was recognised by the pc.
    2. Disconnected the phone
    3.installed Dc-unlocker with the most recent version from their website. Bought 4 credits for €4 to pay for unlocking. Then closed dc-unlocker program
    4. Connected phone back to pc. Important: I did NOT accept HiSuites request to connect to the phone.
    5. Important: On the phone keypad, I had to enable the "Manufacture Mode" so I keyed in *#*#2846579#*#* I then went "project menu", "background settings", USB Port settings, "Manufacture Mode".
    6. On the PC I opened the DC unlocker program, chose Huawei Phones, Select Model: Auto Detect (recommended!). Then I pressed the magnifying glass which "found" the phone.
    7. Go to "Server" and input the name & password details you bought the credits with. Hit Check Login and like me you'll have 4 credits.
    **Important - make sure HiSuite isnt running this caused an error on my 1st attempt & cost me an extra €4 when I went to unlock.
    8. Now the cool stuff hit "Unlocking" - "Network Unlock" - wait about 30 seconds and you'll get the mssg "Phone successfully unlocked" - credits left 0.
    Happy Days.
    If for any reason you get an error code, dont disconnect the phone from the pc. First ensure again that HiSuite isnt running. Click the magnifying glass again and try the "Unlocking" - "Network Unlock".
    Thanks Donkey O Tae
    It was actually the P8 Lite that I bought for €99.99 on Vodafone. I posted this in the wrong thread.
    Sorry to all for the confusion.
    I did eventually get the phone unlocked for €4 using dc-unlocker software.
    It's a very handy tool to have.
    P8 Lite is great value for money.
    Thanks once again for the detailed response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

I have two of these vouchers which I just found at the bottom of my bag.

They're a bit grubby but will do the job. Expiry date 31st May 2018. First two to post below will get them, I can post today. :)

I also have a spare voucher and will post to the first person to PUBLICLY reply to this and then PM me their address!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

I’d love one please, my niece just had her phone nicked and this would be a great way to replace it. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

I have one left so if you want to pm me your address I'll post tomorrow

Caycro, are you getting one from Missymoohaa? If not, I'll post you on mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I have a spare one here,the sister was meant to take it but got sorted with a phone so the voucher is going spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Seapoint

Caycro, are you getting one from Missymoohaa? If not, I'll post you on mine.

I'd love a voucher please :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

my mum is tied into a contract with vodafone and the phone is screwed, she needs a new one, but is in contact, would this voucher be of any use to her? If so, I would be grateful if I got one :)

Seapoint wrote: »
    I'd love a voucher please :-)

PM me your address and it's yours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Any vouchers left??

Anyone wanting one just fire me off a PM and I'll post it on.

Voucher gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

No Voucher here

But I got the Sony Xperia L1 for my Dad last week, receipt to prove.

He used it for a couple of days but has gone back to is 'non-smart' phone so I
    Would sell it at cost (€70) collected or can post it at buyer's cost.
    Or else I'll just keep it as a back up phone.

*Admins remove this if not allowed.*

shineon23 wrote:
    But I got the Sony Xperia L1 for my Dad last week, receipt to prove.

Was it unlocked to any network ?

Was it unlocked to any network ?

I only have Vodafone sims here so can't check but I assume it's Vodafone only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭ParkyJiSung

I have a spare one here,the sister was meant to take it but got sorted with a phone so the voucher is going spare.

Hi guys does anyone have a spare voucher left? Will pay postage or collect in cork

• Advertisement

Hi guys does anyone have a spare voucher left? Will pay postage or collect in cork

Vouchers expire today 31/5, so postage won't be an option.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement