Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH Instalation.

• 17-08-2017 9:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭

My line and eir code passed the checker last week. There is also a splice box on a pole directly in front of my house.

So...i went online and ordered a FTTH package and picked an install date of tomorrow, Aug 18.. I am already an eir customer.

The automated email reply i received stated i would get confirmation of the install date within 2 working days.

4 working days later, yesterday, no reply from eir. Nothing, zip.

So...I mailed the address that was quoated on the welcome email for any queries, eirbillpayonline@eir.ie, querying why I had not recieved any confirmation of the install.

That was yesterday afternoon, as of 21.30 this evening still no reply to either.

Is everyone in eir on vaction this week ? ?

My question for the folks manning the lines here is why does your company make it so hard ? Why do you make a customer or even potential customer have to write a post on this forum, pick up a phone and be tossed from pillar to post for 20 mins and still not have an answer ? 

You will ask me now to PM my account number etc, fine...why couldent my order and sunsequent email enquiry just have been delt with ? Why do you make it so difficult ? ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

oleras wrote: »
    My line and eir code passed the checker last week. There is also a splice box on a pole directly in front of my house.

So...i went online and ordered a FTTH package and picked an install date of tomorrow, Aug 18.. I am already an eir customer.

The automated email reply i received stated i would get confirmation of the install date within 2 working days.

So...I mailed the address that was quoated on the welcome email for any queries, eirbillpayonline@eir.ie,  querying why I had not recieved any confirmation of the install.

That was yesterday afternoon, as of 21.30 this evening still no reply to either.

My question for the folks manning the lines here is why does your company make it so hard ? Why do you make a customer or even potential customer have to write a post on this forum, pick up a phone and be tossed from pillar to post for 20 mins and still not have an answer ? 

You will ask me now to PM my account number etc, fine...why couldent my order and sunsequent email enquiry just have been delt with ? Why do you make it so difficult ? ?
    Hi there

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your order. The email address that you have there is not a valid email address for our customer care team. If you send me your account number and full name in a PM I'll have a look at the welcome email that was sent to you as well as the issue you're having with your appointment. 

I do apologise if you were transferred to different departments when you rang us about this. We do aim to provide the highest quality of service to everyone that gets in touch and, if you have not received this, I will pass your feedback on to the relevant department for you.

- Adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

eir: Adam wrote: »

So...I mailed the address that was quoated on the welcome email for any queries, eirbillpayonline@eir.ie,  querying why I had not recieved any confirmation of the install.

Hi there

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your order. The email address that you have there is not a valid email address for our customer care team. If you send me your account number and full name in a PM I'll have a look at the welcome email that was sent to you as well as the issue you're having with your appointment. 

I do apologise if you were transferred to different departments when you rang us about this. We do aim to provide the highest quality of service to everyone that gets in touch and, if you have not received this, I will pass your feedback on to the relevant department for you.

- Adam
    Adam, i will copy the body of the email. if indeed this is the incorrect address, why is it included ?

Thank you for choosing eir

Thank you for submitting your eir bundle order online.
    Your eir online order number EIRXXXXXX.
    Your order will be processed within 2 working days. Once your order is fully processed you will receive a welcome email which will include your installation appointment date and time if required.
    If you have any questions regarding your eir online order or if you wish to add on an additional product or service, email us at eirbillpayonline@eir.ie or by calling us on 1800 303 634 between 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
    For full terms and conditions please click here

Regards,

The eir team.

Why are you sending out incorrect information in the welcome emails ?

I will send on the details you require by PM.

Hi there

- Adam
    Adam, i will copy the body of the email. if indeed this is the incorrect address, why is it included ?

Regards,

The eir team.

Your order will be processed within 2 working days. Once your order is fully processed you will receive a welcome email which will include your installation appointment date and time if required.
    If you have any questions regarding your eir online order or if you wish to add on an additional product or service, email us at eirbillpayonline@eir.ie or by calling us on 1800 303 634 between 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.

I've received those details and PM'd you back there now.

Thanks 

Adam 

Yes you have, looking for more info, my email and the date the order was placed.

I have also replied to your PM.

Hi there

- Adam

Regards,

The eir team.

Thanks 

Adam 

Yes you have, looking for more info, my email and the date the order was placed.

Hi there

- Adam

Regards,

The eir team.

Thanks 

Adam 
    Thanks. 

I've responded to you there now.

Thanks

Adam 

• Advertisement

Your reply "I've spoken to them and the order is in place however it can't go ahead due to no ports being available. The support team are looking into this at present and hope to have this issue resolved soon."

No ports live you mean ? can you explain why i can order it ?

Can you explain what no ports available means ? that sounds like an oversubscription to the exchange ? Considering noone is connected, how does that work ?

Can you also explain why noone got in touch with me ?

Can you explain why i was sent the incorrect contact email address in my welcome email ?

thanks.

Hi there

- Adam

Regards,

The eir team.

Thanks 

Adam 
    Thanks. 

I've responded to you there now.

Thanks

Adam 
    ply

Have you any answers to my questions Adam? 

What does no ports available mean? 

Why did noone contact me after I placed my order?

Why is the email address in the welcome email incorrect?

I'm afraid I have not received any PM from you. 

No ports available means there is no space within the cabinet for us to connect you too, the cabinet is filled to its maximum capacity. The back office should have notified you of this issue, I'm not sure why this wasn't done. 

The wrong email being attached to the welcome letter is more than likely human error, the agent who processed it must have taken it down incorrectly. Once the order has been activated the email can be changed. 

Apologies for all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Adam 

No ports available means there is no space within the cabinet for us to connect you too, the cabinet is filled to its maximum capacity. The back office should have notified you of this issue, I'm not sure why this wasn't done. 

The wrong email being attached to the welcome letter is more than likely human error, the agent who processed it must have taken it down incorrectly. Once the order has been activated the email can be changed. 

Thanks 

Adam 
    What are these"port's" that you speak of? Ftth, fiber to the home, not cabinet. 
    Why are you telling me lies Adam?

The wrong email I was on about is the contact details to eir in the welcome email, not mine.

This really shouldent be that hard. Eir have told me that ftth is available, I ordered, it's not available...just tell me it's not available yet, don't lie to me about ports, it makes you sound like you don't know what you are talking about, and being a rep for eir doesn't put you both in the best of lights in fairness.

I am an eir customer and expected a better customer experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Thanks 

Adam 

The wrong email I was on about is the contact details to eir in the welcome email, not mine.

This really shouldent be that hard. Eir have told me that ftth is available, I ordered, it's not available...just tell me it's not available yet, don't lie to me about ports, it makes you sound like you don't know what you are talking about, and being a rep for eir doesn't put you both in the best of lights in fairness.

I'm having what sounds like the same problem with this crowd, they sold us ftth, gave us an installation date which was repeatedly broken, and after eventually wiring up the house correctly, gave an excuse about ports. 

Standard service from eir, evidently.

• Advertisement

Thanks 

Adam 

The service has been activated in your area however it's not available to you as of yet due to the port issue. 

The port is the connection point you are connected to within the cabinet/exchange. There is no available port at present however when one becomes available we can then offer the service to you. 

I'll be sure to pass this feedback on in relation to the welcome letter you received. Can you confirm the incorrect details on it? 

Thanks

Adam 

Thanks 

Adam 

I'm having what sounds like the same problem with this crowd, they sold us ftth, gave us an installation date which was repeatedly broken, and after eventually wiring up the house correctly, gave an excuse about ports. 

Standard service from eir, evidently.
    Hi Doctor Jimbob, 

I have responded to you PM there now. 

Thanks 

Adam 

The service has been activated in your area however it's not available to you as of yet due to the port issue. 

The port is the connection point you are connected to within the cabinet/exchange. There is no available port at present however when one becomes available we can then offer the service to you. 

I'll be sure to pass this feedback on in relation to the welcome letter you received. Can you confirm the incorrect details on it? 

Thanks

Adam 
    Will you confirm to me please that fiber to the home cannot be installed due to a lack of ports in the cabinet/exchange as you have stated several times.

You do realise i am already a fiber to the cabinet customer of eir ? You would know this after i gave you all my account details and you looked over my order details.

Thanks

Adam 
    Will you confirm to me please that fiber to the home cannot be installed due to a lack of ports in the cabinet/exchange as you have stated several times.

You do realise i am already a fiber to the cabinet customer of eir ? You would know this after i gave you all my account details and you looked over my order details.
    This is correct, the reason that you can't avail of this service is that there are no ports available. 

I've checked your account for you and you're not currently receiv ng FTTC from us.

- Adam

Thanks

Adam 

This is correct, the reason that you can't avail of this service is that there are no ports available. 

I've checked your account for you and you're not currently receiv ng FTTC from us.

- Adam
    FTTC may be the wrong term, its broadband over the copper phone cable, supplied by you.

I dont know why you cant just tell me the area is not live yet for FTTH.

The map says within 6 months, the eircode checker lets me order it. i can see the cables are not physically connected further up the road.

Why do you insist on telling lies. Why are you telling me there isnt a port in a cabinet for a FTTH installation ?

eir.jpg

Thanks

Adam 

- Adam
    FTTC may be the wrong term, its broadband over the copper phone cable, supplied by you.

I dont know why you cant just tell me the area is not live yet for FTTH.

The map says within 6 months, the eircode checker lets me order it. i can see the cables are not physically connected further up the road.

Why do you insist on telling lies. Why are you telling me there isnt a port in a cabinet for a FTTH installation ?

eir.jpg
    FTTC stands for fibre to the cabinet and you're not currently receiving fibre broadband with us.

I can assure you that all of the information you've been given here is correct. I am sorry that we are unable to give you better news about this.

- Adam

I emailed open Eir with my eircode and this is the reply i received.

Dear oleras,

Thank you for your recent query regarding the availability of fibre in your area.

Based on the information you provided, I have reviewed your details and I can advise, you are within an area due to be fibre enabled; the current forecast date suggests that your area should be connected to the fibre network by December 2017. 

For further updates on the fibre rollout out progress in your area please refer to http://fibrerollout.ie/eircode-lookup/

Kind regards,

[font=Arial,Sans-Serif]John

[/font]

Open Eir Fibre Power Team

They know my area is not live yet.

They didn't mention anything about no ports being available in the cabinet/exchange.

Digiweb, who is also a provider for FTTH has also said its not available yet.

Yet, for some reason i can order it from Eir website.

Strange that.

I have no issue with waiting till December, its the lies i don't appreciate.

I emailed open Eir with my eircode and this is the reply i received.

Dear oleras,

Thank you for your recent query regarding the availability of fibre in your area.

Based on the information you provided, I have reviewed your details and I can advise, you are within an area due to be fibre enabled; the current forecast date suggests that your area should be connected to the fibre network by December 2017. 

For further updates on the fibre rollout out progress in your area please refer to http://fibrerollout.ie/eircode-lookup/

Kind regards,

[font=Arial,Sans-Serif]John

[/font]

Open Eir Fibre Power Team

They know my area is not live yet.

They didn't mention anything about no ports being available in the cabinet/exchange.

Digiweb, who is also a provider for FTTH has also said its not available yet.

Yet, for some reason i can order it from Eir website.

Strange that.

I have no issue with waiting till December, its the lies i don't appreciate.
    The information that we've received when we looked into this for you was that no ports were available for you to receive this service. 

Apologies for the inconvenience and the different information that you've received here. I will pass your feedback on to the relevant department. 

- Adam

Advertisement