Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus AC68U - Tomato - Eir

Options
  • 17-08-2017 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi guys, I have an Asus AC68U flashed with the latest version of the advancedtomato firmware but I haven't been able to get it to connect and receive an IP address. I'm with Eir and I'm fairly sure it has something to do with the VLAN id. I know Eir requires you to have a VLAN id of 10 otherwise it wont connect but for the life of me I cant get it to work. Can anyone help me? Attached is a screenshot of the VLAN page of Tomato. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 glanmiredj

Just wondering did you get the asus to work ?
    I am struggling to do the same. Must be missing some setting somewhere.
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭T-wolf

Just back from holidays - is it the DSL-AC68U you are using, or the RT-68U model?
    Assuming it is the DSL model (same as I use) then be aware the Tomato firmware won't operate the Vdsl modem properly - Asus have not open-sourced the drivers as far as I know, so the DSL section is not going to work unless you use Asus firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 glanmiredj

Thanks for reply but managed to get it working on latest asus firmware.
    Sooooo much better than the stock Eir router.

Advertisement