Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AA Roadwatch notice for M7 this weekend

Options
  • 17-08-2017 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

KILDARE: The M7 Limerick/Dublin Rd northbound will be closed overnight for works between J12 Newbridge and J11 M9 from tomorrow (18th) until Monday morning. Closures are in place from 10pm each night, reopening at 7am on Saturday, 9am on Sunday and 6am on Monday. A diversion will be in place via Kilcullen and the M9.

Not sure how this will work without causing a nightmare in Kilcullen. Counter flow on the southbound lane would have made more sense I would have thought......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

bduffy wrote: »
    KILDARE: The M7 Limerick/Dublin Rd northbound will be closed overnight for works between J12 Newbridge and J11 M9 from tomorrow (18th) until Monday morning. Closures are in place from 10pm each night, reopening at 7am on Saturday, 9am on Sunday and 6am on Monday. A diversion will be in place via Kilcullen and the M9.

Not sure how this will work without causing a nightmare in Kilcullen. Counter flow on the southbound lane would have made more sense I would have thought......

The amount of traffic after 10pm is small. People who know the area will go via newbridge. They did similar a couple of years ago when relaying the Tarmac and no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bduffy

CeilingFly wrote: »
    The amount of traffic after 10pm is small. People who know the area will go via newbridge. They did similar a couple of years ago when relaying the Tarmac and no issues.

Newbridge would have been my first bet as it's more suited to heavy goods vehicles so that was my first thought. Volumes will be low but why shut off a full 3 lanes and a shoulder? They must be in a hurry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

bduffy wrote: »
    Newbridge would have been my first bet as it's more suited to heavy goods vehicles so that was my first thought. Volumes will be low but why shut off a full 3 lanes and a shoulder? They must be in a hurry?

Complete repaving of the area being shut off. Requires several machines, several trucks and a large team of people and having the road closed will alllow it to be completed over three nights with minimal disruption and basic safety procedure would also dictate a total closure for such works.

Its Eastboud this weekend and then westbound following weekend and then the Kildare to newbridge section is being done (much simpler diversion along the parallel curragh road). Local news and KCC website have had details of this for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bduffy

Cheers for the info. It was blogged on our local community website earlier this month but I missed it!

Advertisement