Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

Anomaly scan done, all good with baby, weighed in at 1lb 1oz at 21+1 weeks. My placenta is low lying, she thinks as I grow it will move upwards but put on the report that I will need checking for placenta previa at 32 week scan. I'm not too concerned about it, just delighted all is well with baby! And we decided not to find out the sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

ainy wrote: »
    Anomaly scan done, all good with baby, weighed in at 1lb 1oz at 21+1 weeks. My placenta is low lying, she thinks as I grow it will move upwards but put on the report that I will need checking for placenta previa at 32 week scan. I'm not too concerned about it, just delighted all is well with baby! And we decided not to find out the sex.

Great news ainy. Hopefully the placenta will move. Lots of time yet.
    You've just reminded me my anomaly scan is this day next week!!!

Blingy wrote:
    Great news ainy. Hopefully the placenta will move. Lots of time yet. You've just reminded me my anomaly scan is this day next week!!!

Blingy wrote:
    Great news ainy. Hopefully the placenta will move. Lots of time yet. You've just reminded me my anomaly scan is this day next week!!!

Ah you won't find it coming, I liked that it was start of the week, didn't feel as long to wait once you get over the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

In case anyone is interested. 40% off full price Gap clothing 15% of sale items today only. Use code: JOLLYGAP

Are you usually asked if you want to know the sex at the anomoly scan or do you have to specially ask them to tell you?

• Advertisement

RubyXI wrote:
    Are you usually asked if you want to know the sex at the anomoly scan or do you have to specially ask them to tell you?

It was the first thing the lady asked us before she started and actually when my consultant did scan at first appointment (18weeks) he asked if I wanted to know then too!

It was the first thing the lady asked us before she started and actually when my consultant did scan at first appointment (18weeks) he asked if I wanted to know then too!

They didn't mention it at all to me. Maybe they didn't know?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

RubyXI wrote: »
    They didn't mention it at all to me. Maybe they didn't know?

Could be that the baby wasn't in a great position and they weren't sure enough to say. On both of mine I was asked if I wanted to know.

Could be that the baby wasn't in a great position and they weren't sure enough to say. On both of mine I was asked if I wanted to know.

Could be. At least she said everything looked good so that's the main thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Hi ladies. I'm just 25 weeks now so we said we'd go for a private scan at this stage. I also brought my other daughter in today to bring her into things a bit more. We went to Babyscan in swords. Would highly recommend them if anyone is thinking of it! They are so nice there and the screen is huge! Got a good look at our little lady and it all seems much more real now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Had my anomaly scan on Tuesday and everything looks good. just delighted to hear the sonographer say that. Such relief.
    Bump has really arrived now and it's feeling heavy. I'm tired but feeling good otherwise (apart from the pelvic girdle pain!).
    So tell me I'm 21.5 weeks so does that mean I have started the 6th month. So if people ask I can say I'm 6 months pregnant? Totally confused about th months.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Haha, this is the point at which the weeks and months stop adding up!!I just stick with weeks generally....21 weeks myself.You are really pregnant for ten months by the way it's measured, so it doesn't make any sense to use months past a certain point.

Blingy wrote:
    Had my anomaly scan on Tuesday and everything looks good. just delighted to hear the sonographer say that. Such relief. Bump has really arrived now and it's feeling heavy. I'm tired but feeling good otherwise (apart from the pelvic girdle pain!). So tell me I'm 21.5 weeks so does that mean I have started the 6th month. So if people ask I can say I'm 6 months pregnant? Totally confused about th months.

I never know what to say when people ask in months! I'm 22+3 and have been saying round 5 and half months to anyone that asks! Don't really know the right answer!
    Delighted your scan went well, has the physio help your pain? I had a session with the physio and it really helped bit think my issue is more hip muscle that the pelvis itself but she said its still called pelvic girdle pain because its in that area!

ainy wrote:
    I never know what to say when people ask in months! I'm 22+3 and have been saying round 5 and half months to anyone that asks! Don't really know the right answer! Delighted your scan went well, has the physio help your pain? I had a session with the physio and it really helped bit think my issue is more hip muscle that the pelvis itself but she said its still called pelvic girdle pain because its in that area!

I'm 25 weeks and I think I'm still 5 months...think 26 weeks is the start of the 6th month! But people seem to interpret it differently so if anyone asks I just say I'm almost 6 months.

Happy Christmas to you all. Next christmas is going to be a very different one for us I think!

RubyXI wrote:
    Happy Christmas to you all. Next christmas is going to be a very different one for us I think!

Happy Christmas! It makes Christmas having a child around I think! Although they don't really know or get the excitement for few years!

Anyone start buying baby stuff yet? It feels wrong to get anything but logically there's no reason not to. Especially with the sales on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

Is anyone else still having morning sickness? This is my 3rd and I’m sure I finished throwing up in the morning by week 20 on the other 2!! It’s torturous now!!!

RubyXI wrote:
    Anyone start buying baby stuff yet? It feels wrong to get anything but logically there's no reason not to. Especially with the sales on now.

Its my second so don't have a whole lot to buy, although I am considering the Chicco next to me crib. On my first I think I started buying around the 20 week mark.
    Carrie6OD wrote:
    Is anyone else still having morning sickness? This is my 3rd and I’m sure I finished throwing up in the morning by week 20 on the other 2!! It’s torturous now!!!

Oh god love you Carrie, can't imagine constant sickness, I know my friend had it continuously up to the end on both her pregnancies, she had to get prescribed antisickness meds. Maybe you could check with gp or hospital if you could be prescribed something.

Just back from a gp visit because I needed a cert for work, have a bad cold verging on flu for last week (even though I worked all weekend) i just couldn't face working again tomorrow.
    I haven't seen gp since 5 weeks as I get check ups with the nurse. I thought she might of listened to babies heartbeat or something but barely mentioned me being pregnant, when she did it was just to say wow your big for 24 weeks! Bit disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

Its my second so don't have a whole lot to buy, although I am considering the Chicco next to me crib. On my first I think I started buying around the 20 week mark.

Oh god love you Carrie, can't imagine constant sickness, I know my friend had it continuously up to the end on both her pregnancies, she had to get prescribed antisickness meds. Maybe you could check with gp or hospital if you could be prescribed something.

Just back from a gp visit because I needed a cert for work, have a bad cold verging on flu for last week (even though I worked all weekend) i just couldn't face working again tomorrow.
    I haven't seen gp since 5 weeks as I get check ups with the nurse. I thought she might of listened to babies heartbeat or something but barely mentioned me being pregnant, when she did it was just to say wow your big for 24 weeks! Bit disappointed.

Thanks. I will do that. Due into GP and consultant next week. It’s such a pain cos I’m at 23 weeks now and thought I’d be long over it. Abnormally wrecked too! I can definitely tell it’s my 3rd pregnancy!!

• Advertisement

RubyXI wrote:

I don't think it's too early! I haven't bought anything yet but will definitely be starting in the next week or so. Im due the 2nd of April and was 4 weeks early on my first pregnancy tho so I'm a bit paranoid about going early again.....fingers crossed i wont. I'm thinking of getting one of the Baby Bundles rather than getting each thing separately in different shops.

Hi all, Have ye applied for Maternity Benefit yet? Is there part of the form to be filled in by your doctor or is it just your employer?

RubyXI wrote:
    Hi all, Have ye applied for Maternity Benefit yet? Is there part of the form to be filled in by your doctor or is it just your employer?

I haven't done it yet, think you have to be over 26 weeks, yeah there is a part where your doctor has to state your due date, well there was when I was doing it the last time!

I'm trying to work out what dates to take. I don't think I'll take the extra unpaid leave.

Was actually doing my leave form and my benefit form in work today. You have to be 24 weeks for the doctor signing part. Trying to figure out my leave date too! Looks like my last week will be the last week in March. Doesn't seem so far away when you say it like that :O

I was working it out today too, I probably will take most of the unpaid weeks. I have a long commute so I will save the cost of the commute over my 6 months paid leave and a wee bit more and have enough to cover the unpaid leave. I did that the last time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

I'm trying to work out what dates to take. I don't think I'll take the extra unpaid leave.

As far as I know you don't have to decide on that until you're well into the maternity leave...best not to commit yourself either way until you have to :)

Was actually doing my leave form and my benefit form in work today. You have to be 24 weeks for the doctor signing part. Trying to figure out my leave date too! Looks like my last week will be the last week in March. Doesn't seem so far away when you say it like that :O

I'm 24 weeks now. The form says it's to be filled in by the doctor if you're unemployed or self employed. So if you are employed Is there anything for the doctor to fill in?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

s4uv3 wrote: »
    As far as I know you don't have to decide on that until you're well into the maternity leave...best not to commit yourself either way until you have to :)

You only have to give your employer 4 weeks notice that you intend to take the unpaid leave. I hadn't intended on taking any but then there were major changes at my firm so freaked out last minute and took the unpaid!

• Advertisement

I'm 24 weeks now. The form says it's to be filled in by the doctor if you're unemployed or self employed. So if you are employed Is there anything for the doctor to fill in?

Yeah, at least on my first pregnancy I got the doctor part filled out. I thought it was get that part filled out regardless of employment status.
    I'm bulking mine out with holiday days this time but won't take any unpaid leave. The joys of mortgage applications around maternity leave :O

Advertisement