Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Building a fresh wardrobe.

• 17-08-2017 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm in need of some new clothes, and as much as I like clothes, fashion isn't my strong point. I'm 22, male and in my final year of college.

Generally I have 3/4 outfits and constantly try wear them. I only have one pair of jeans so I just alter between 2 pull over v neck jumpers with 2/3 different polo shorts, or a t shirt and sweatshirt.

What and where should I buy my clothes. I have enough money to get a fair amount of stuff, but I want to dress better than jeans and hoody.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I think the first step for you would be to not buy, but look: Look at other lads that you admire their style or their turn-out...what appeals to you?
    Look at pictures online or in magazines r in the street, at the barber, at college...what catches your eye?

Colours? Cut and shape? General idiom...eg, tailored, formal, sporty, American, hippy, grungy, steampunk, guerilla, city-smart, preppy - the list goes on....look for your own style, but be willing to take inspiration from all kinds of "looks".

Then try on some clothes - at chain stores, charity shops, borrowed from friends - even things you are sure you wouldn't like - this can be a real eye-opener! They often look completely different "on" .

And then, go forth and spend. Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

Have you looked at
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=96174551

My advice is still the same, use the internet sites to get an idea or what you want/what direction to go. You will make mistakes, but build up slowly, don't go and splurge on everything at once. Get the basics right.

And your tastes will change over time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I'm going for a professional look, for still looking like a student.

So far I have bought a dark pair of jeans, and brown leather shoes.

I think I'm going to buy a few oxfords, crewneck pullover jumpers, a pair of chinos.

That's all I can currently think of.

Advertisement