Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loose and Fast estate agent

Options
  • 18-08-2017 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Here are the facts:
    - House was advertised on 26.07.2017
    - Attended first viewing on 29.07.2017
    - House was already sale agreed on 01.07.2018 in the morning (around midday)
    - I was busy so didn't bid until 1pm on 01.07.2017 unknowingly that it was sale agreed because the EA was busy and reception said to submit an offer via email

EA was going on holidays on 01.07.2017 so it is probable that he just wanted to get it done and dusted before he jetted off. But from what I had learned, the EA must legally submit my bid to the vendor.
    Since then I have been contacting the EA to check if the offer was submitted and he has fobbed me off since saying that "I will get back to you when I have more information". 

It has been close to 3 weeks, How long does it realistically take the EA to ask the vendor if they want to take a higher offer?

Is there any due course I could take through the PSRA?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Just to be clear, it is not up to the EA to accept a bid or go sale agreed, that is up to the vendor. If the vendor has accepted a bid and the property is no longer for sale, it's unlikely the EA has any obligation to pass on further bids.

If the sale was agreed that fast, its either a cash buyer or a relative. You won't be able to compete with either.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

davo10 wrote: »
    Just to be clear, it is not up to the EA to accept a bid or go sale agreed, that is up to the vendor. If the vendor has accepted a bid and the property is no longer for sale, it's unlikely the EA has any obligation to pass on further bids . . .
    And, even when he does have an obligation to pass on bids, it's an obligation owed to the vendor, not to the prospective purchaser.

If the vendor is happy with how his estate agent has handled the marketing of the house, we're done here.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭shopper2011

davo10 wrote:
    If the sale was agreed that fast, its either a cash buyer or a relative. You won't be able to compete with either.

This previous poster could be right about family member. If the house in probate (a will) then excuter could be selling to family member and they are making the sale water tight by saying twas on the market properly also avoiding inflating the price.

It is really disapointing for you when you don't get a fair opurtunity but email your bid in anyways. It will do no harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Your dates/years are all over the place.

If it went sale agreed that fast, it's likely the vendor wants a quick sale, or family bought it, but it had to be sold on the open market. As it's sale agreed, you're now into gazumping territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

If it's sale agreed then it is too late I'm afraid.

How would you like it you were sale agreed and then someone else came along and tried to take it off of you. That's called gazumping. Very bad form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

TiNcAn wrote: »
    - I was busy so didn't bid until 1pm on 01.07.2017 unknowingly that it was sale agreed because the EA was busy and reception said to submit an offer via email
    Did you bid the asking price? Over the asking price?

Advertisement