Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewal House - Cork

Options
  • 18-08-2017 8:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone is familiar with this place? Seems like exactly what I need - a sort of transition house for women who have completed treatment programmes but struggle on the outside. I'm surprised I've never heard of it before, but then again it's the only place of its like in Ireland, apparently. It's HSE run. Thanks for any info, PM if you prefer!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Just wondering if anyone is familiar with this place? Seems like exactly what I need - a sort of transition house for women who have completed treatment programmes but struggle on the outside. I'm surprised I've never heard of it before, but then again it's the only place of its like in Ireland, apparently. It's HSE run. Thanks for any info, PM if you prefer!

Never heard of it but just googled it, it could be just what you need. There's no harm in enquiring. Have you heard of the Tiglin centre for women? I think it's funded the same way but I could be wrong. My loved one enquirer there first but for him he found that it was too long term but it something that will have to be considered if he slips. But hopefully that won't happen but the longer length of time might suit you much better. They way I see it is if you want the help and are willing to try again then you have nothing to loose, sometimes you have to try a few places until you find one that works right for you. It's lovely to hear you're still determined you sound like a strong person deep down so you can beat it and have a lovely life be abuse you seem willing to try again, you deserve to and just keep telling yourself that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Thanks.

The one thing me and my team were certain of on my latest admission to a psychiatric hospital was that I absolutely COULD NOT go back to my current living arrangements. But plans fell through and I'd no choice in the end.

The hospital can take me back but only for six days. So what's the point in a detox if I'll only be going back to the same place.

I've spoken to my counsellor and doctor in the hospital I've been in for the past couple of months, they've never heard of this Renewal place but they think it sounds like exactly what I need.

The lady I spoke to on the phone in Renewal was just so lovely and positive, she said they've had people do 18, 19 programmes and this was the step they needed to finally get recovery. I haven't done that many programmes, but I'm not far off.

I'm nothing if not resilient. I'm only 31, I've a three-year-old boy. I need and want this so much.

Will look into Tiglin too. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Thanks.

The one thing me and my team were certain of on my latest admission to a psychiatric hospital was that I absolutely COULD NOT go back to my current living arrangements. But plans fell through and I'd no choice in the end.

The hospital can take me back but only for six days. So what's the point in a detox if I'll only be going back to the same place.

I've spoken to my counsellor and doctor in the hospital I've been in for the past couple of months, they've never heard of this Renewal place but they think it sounds like exactly what I need.

The lady I spoke to on the phone in Renewal was just so lovely and positive, she said they've had people do 18, 19 programmes and this was the step they needed to finally get recovery. I haven't done that many programmes, but I'm not far off.

I'm nothing if not resilient. I'm only 31, I've a three-year-old boy. I need and want this so much.

Will look into Tiglin too. Thanks.

Good on you, it does sound like it's the type of thing you need. I hope it works out well for you, you are still young and so is your son so you can have a lifetime of healthy living ahead of you and you'll find once you beat this and keep up with aftercare everything else will fall in to place. One day at a time, you'd be surprised how quickly the time goes once you're kept busy. The very best of luck with it :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Well done Foweva. This renewal place could be the making of you, there's a similar type thing in Waterford but I don't know the name of it. It's attached to Aisieri so if you look up their website you'll find out more.

Get your name down for one of these places straight away because they sometimes don't have room.

You're still so young and you can have a brilliant life, best of luck.

Advertisement