Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any cafes open early Sundays so can use toilets, public toilets?

Options
  • 18-08-2017 9:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Can't find accommodation for Saturday night in Galway so we're going to try sleeping in van . I'm worried about bathroom situation first thing in morning. Does train station open early? Any public toilets or cafes that open really early? I'll need my caffeine fix too. We can park up anywhere I guess. Do hotels allow people to wander in at 8 am to have coffee or are they only open to residents before a certain time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 randomlad727

seefin wrote: »
    Can't find accommodation for Saturday night in Galway so we're going to try sleeping in van . I'm worried about bathroom situation first thing in morning. Does train station open early? Any public toilets or cafes that open really early? I'll need my caffeine fix too. We can park up anywhere I guess. Do hotels allow people to wander in at 8 am to have coffee or are they only open to residents before a certain time?

I think McDonalds shop street and McDonalds on the headford road open at 7am on Sundays. Not 100 percent sure though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

I think McDonalds shop street and McDonalds on the headford road open at 7am on Sundays. Not 100 percent sure though!

McDonalds in shop street open 24/7 !! Where might we find parking close to there,. not familiar with Galway at all

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

20c to pee public toilets at the top of Eyre square are open 24x7 AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Anyone know a public carpark close by? Market at one needs you out at 9am but we'd need to stay till noon so safe to drive after drinking. I've disastrous kidneys so anticipate making a few trips to McDonalds during the night to buy a euroburger( excuse to use their facilities). Will be dragging other half with me for security so want it as close as possible so he doesn't complain to much !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Train station car park on Eyre Square is €6/7 for 24 hours. Nip into train station/Meyrick Hotel next door for toilets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Maggie Carty

Why not just piss down a side street?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Perhaps the OP isn't manky?

endacl wrote: »
    Perhaps the OP isn't manky?

Many a time Druid Lane saved me.

OP is probably toilet trained, and has respect for the people who live in the inner city.

Shame there aren't more like that.

OP is probably toilet trained, and has respect for the people who live in the inner city.

Shame there aren't more like that.

When ya got to go you got to go Mrs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Zzippy wrote: »
    Train station car park on Eyre Square is €6/7 for 24 hours. Nip into train station/Meyrick Hotel next door for toilets?

Train station toilets aren't 24/7, was waiting for a bus around 9pm one time and they were closed then. Can't say what time they open in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Mearings

Urostemol Femina Capsules

€20.95 - €89.9

If you're three years old.

OP is likely an adult.

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Train station toilets aren't 24/7, was waiting for a bus around 9pm one time and they were closed then. Can't say what time they open in the morning.

The car park is the best value option for overnight parking though. Park on the street and sleep overnight leaves driver open to being breathalysed and found over the limit in charge of a vehicle. A private car park removes that risk and still a short walk to public toilets on Eyre Square if the train station is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Park up at salthill. Get bus into town, taxi back to van after night out. Cafes open early. Parking is free. 20c toilets halfway down the prom. Warm shower and toilets down at blackrock at the end of the prom. Quick swim in the morning,
    Warm shower after and over to one of the cafes for breakfast. Winner winner chicken dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The car park is the best value option for overnight parking though. Park on the street and sleep overnight leaves driver open to being breathalysed and found over the limit in charge of a vehicle. A private car park removes that risk and still a short walk to public toilets on Eyre Square if the train station is closed.

Bring drunk in a parked vehicle is not an offence unless you are 'intending to drive", afaik.

OP - get a she-wee and an empty 3L milk container, be grand.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Funthalia_Love

It's mind boggling and horrific to think that a person who is civilised and educated enough - ie Maggie Carty can read and write and is tech savvy enough to have an email and the ability to join an internet forum - suggests that taking a piddle in a public area is a solution.

I itch and cringe to think that the eye watering stench of urine prevelant on some streets of Galway in the morning is the by-product of Maggie Carty's bladder.

It is as another poster suggested - MANKY!

Anything other than peeing on the street wouldn't even enter my head if sleeping in the car. Growing up and living in the country peeing outside is a daily occurrence, always makes me laugh at the outrage of townies when it's mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Anything other than peeing on the street wouldn't even enter my head if sleeping in the car. Growing up and living in the country peeing outside is a daily occurrence, always makes me laugh at the faux outrage of townies when it's mentioned.

I grew up in the country and many a slash I took outside but there's a difference between pìssing against a ditch in the arsehòle of nowhere than relieving yourself in the streets of a large city.

Anything other than peeing on the street wouldn't even enter my head if sleeping in the car. Growing up and living in the country peeing outside is a daily occurrence, always makes me laugh at the outrage of townies when it's mentioned.

Most houses now have inside toilets, even in the "country". Or maybe your owners didn't house train you...

• Advertisement

Most houses now have inside toilets, even in the "country". Or maybe your owners didn't house train you...

When you are working outside you don't come in for the toilet, when you have lots of people over for parties etc the men usually pee in the garden etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Clearly never did a day on a building site or out fishing etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

jr86 wrote: »

Again there's a huge difference between pìssing outside on a building site (most sites now have a minimum of a portaloo) or pìssing against a hedge when out fishing...but to decide to have a slash on the path in the middle of a city?? FFS just use a public toilet or Maccy D's or one in a shopping centre/train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Growing up in the country doesn't exempt you from being respectful.

Having a slash in a ditch or against a bush whilst working on a farm, camping, fishing, hunting etc... in the fields, forests, mountains or waterways is perfectly acceptable.

But you have to change your attitude and behave yourself when you hit towns or cities. You're not four years of age, you have an adult bladder and an adult brain. You really should try and find a toilet, public urination and defecation isn't acceptable where there's buggies been loaded in to cars, wheelchair users with hands on tyres, people walking from the path in to their houses, kids close to the ground, people with crutches, elderly people with zimmer frames or shopping carts etc.. Nobodies going to walk in the ditch that you pissed in on your dad's farm. But somebodies going to walk in your piss/poo on a city/village/town street. So, it would be best if you behaved yourself.

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Growing up in the country doesn't exempt you from being respectful.

Having a slash in a ditch or against a bush whilst working on a farm, camping, fishing, hunting etc... in the fields, forests, mountains or waterways is perfectly acceptable.

But you have to change your attitude and behave yourself when you hit towns or cities. You're not four years of age, you have an adult bladder and an adult brain. You really should try and find a toilet, public urination and defecation isn't acceptable where there's buggies been loaded in to cars, wheelchair users with hands on tyres, people walking from the path in to their houses, kids close to the ground, people with crutches, elderly people with zimmer frames or shopping carts etc.. Nobodies going to walk in the ditch that you pissed in on your dad's farm. But somebodies going to walk in your piss/poo on a city/village/town street. So, it would be best if you behaved yourself.

Where do your dogs p*ss when you are walking them on the streets?

jr86 wrote: »

Wrong on both counts, still go fishing regularly. Still wouldn't have a slash on Shop Street...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I don't have any.

But when I did I cleaned up after them, my neighbour was a wheelchair user so I was pretty mindful of street fouling after seeing her cleaning her wheels with nappy wipes from drunken idiots pissing against walls.

When it came to leg cocking and urinating I'd be mindful to let them do it in the field beside my house at the start of the walk when their bladder was full and where there was minimal impact. In saying that, when male dogs mark, they tend to spray a very small amount of urine in comparison to the average male dope pissing a few pints of stinking urine against a wall to stream down a path and have anyone after them walking through it.

I know you're not a dog owner, so you probably don't appreciate the difference between a dogs marking on a lamppost and a grown man pissing against a wall after a few pints and a truckload of kebabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I grew up in the country and feel the need to state that I, nor anyone I know has ever pissed in the garden at a party...

I also recall sleeping in a van in Castlebar once upon a time and having the decency to walk down to McDonalds when it opened to use the restroom. Even though it was freezing cold. Not everybody from the country uses it as an excuse to act like an animal.

P.S. I also have a dog. I don't walk in a city to take a piss. I also have a rant up from a few years ago about my now wife's first impression of Galway when trying to dodge dog sh1t all over the footpath. Just because people in the city let their dog p1ss and sh1t anywhere they please, doesn't mean it's the decent thing to do.

The city I'm living in now doesn't have the same problem. People pick up after their pets...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

You can be done in a car park. Only way not to be done is park in a place without public access and a car park has public access.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mr Man

Precisely, only animals piss on the public street.

Advertisement