Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any cafes open early Sundays so can use toilets, public toilets?

Options

Comments

Del2005 wrote: »
    You can be done in a car park. Only way not to be done is park in a place without public access and a car park has public access.

You can't be done unless you are in the drivers seat with the keys in the ignition. Sit in the back and have the keys in the glove box and you can't be touched.
    Mr Man wrote: »
    Precisely, only animals piss on the public street.

It hilarious, the same people who have no problem allowing dogs p*ss everywhere take issue with people doing it :rolleyes:. If it suits me I'll take a slash on the street simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

But you’re not a dog Nox. You’re a fully grown man (physically).

Exposing your penis and urinating in public urban streets where families live, work and go to school on is unacceptable. You have to remember some behaviour that’s acceptable at home isn’t acceptable in other places. You need to have a bit more respect for the citizens of Galway city or whatever city you visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Funthalia_Love

You can't be done unless you are in the drivers seat with the keys in the ignition. Sit in the back and have the keys in the glove box and you can't be touched.

It hilarious, the same people who have no problem allowing dogs p*ss everywhere take issue with people doing it :rolleyes:. If it suits me I'll take a slash on the street simple as that.

OK - how about looking at it from this point of view?

I am going to assume that you are male from the use of the term "...take a slash" - which I don't think any lady would use this phrase. How would you feel if your sister / mother / Grandmother / perhaps girlfriend(?) was walking along and happened upon a man with is penis in his hand in public???

According to you sure he's only taking a slash on the street simple as that.

No it's not - be it male or female doing it - it is unacceptable. It is not nice.

I am going to assume that you are male from the use of the term "...take a slash" - which I don't think any lady would use this phrase. How would you feel if your sister / mother / Grandmother / perhaps girlfriend(?) was walking along and happened upon a man with is penis in his hand in public???

We aren't talking about shop street here, ducking down side streets is failry covert and if one of them saw a man taking a p*ss so what. I've been out with my sister, mother and gf and come across someone p*ssing and also have ducked down a side street myself when out with them for one and none gave a damn or felt the need to comment on it. I couldn't tolerate someone who was so precious as to get bothered over things like this.

I don't know of one male friend who hasn't had a p*ss on the street somewhere or other to be honest and there has often been 3 or 4 of us lined down on side street going, during events like the races in particular where its just handier compared to queuing to go into a pub every time you need to go.

We aren't talking about shop street here, ducking down side streets is failry covert and if one of them saw a man taking a p*ss so what. I've been out with my sister, mother and gf and come across someone p*ssing and also have ducked down a side street myself when out with them for one and none gave a damn or felt the need to comment on it. I couldn't tolerate someone who was so precious as to get bothered over things like this.

I don't know of one male friend who hasn't had a p*ss on the street somewhere or other to be honest and there has often been 3 or 4 of us lined down on side street going, during events like the races in particular where its just handier compared to queuing to go into a pub every time you need to go.

You are a classy guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I’ve seen this carry on at the races in Galway Nox.

It’s unnaceptable as I’ve never had to queue to go to the toilet. It’s your type that gives the Galway Races a bad name and has restaurants closing down for the duration of it. You drink to much and can’t control yourselves. I’d imagine most Galwegians would rather not have you or your friends pissing on their city.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

SUMMARY:
    Dogs peeing on the street is not illegal.
    Dogs pooing on the street is OK so long as the owner cleans it up.
    Humans peeing on the street is illegal.
    Humans pooing on the street is illegal.

If i was going away for a weekend and couldn't get a B&B or hotel, I just wouldn't go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭1641

Paddyfield wrote: »
    SUMMARY:

If i was going away for a weekend and couldn't get a B&B or hotel, I just wouldn't go there.

In general,Yes. But if going anywhere in the vicinity of Nox001's gaff you could use the front door there. He wouldn't mind. Ditto for his mother's, his sister's and his girlfriend's. And, I'm sure, for his mates also.

Maybe he'd post up a little map for anyone thinking of a cheap tour ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

A bucket?

Can work for both genders

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

1641 wrote: »
    In general,Yes. But if going anywhere in the vicinity of Nox001's gaff you could use the front door there. He wouldn't mind. Ditto for his mother's, his sister's and his girlfriend's. And, I'm sure, for his mates also.

Maybe he'd post up a little map for anyone thinking of a cheap tour ?

So pissing up an alley = pissing at door

Riiiiiight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

pjohnson wrote: »

Riiiiiight.

When I lived on Market St we had late night revellers regularly piss and defecate on the door and front of the house. Anyone engaged in that should be sent to a cell for the night and then forced to clean it the day after.

Anything other than peeing on the street wouldn't even enter my head if sleeping in the car. Growing up and living in the country peeing outside is a daily occurrence, always makes me laugh at the outrage of townies when it's mentioned.

When sleeping in the car and peeing on the street. You make it sound almost matter of fact.
    When you are working outside you don't come in for the toilet, when you have lots of people over for parties etc the men usually pee in the garden etc etc.

Are you actually serious?
    What sort of animals do you invite over. They presumably don't wash their hands either.

Disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Paddyfield wrote: »
    SUMMARY:
    Dogs peeing on the street is not illegal.
    Dogs pooing on the street is OK so long as the owner cleans it up.
    Humans peeing on the street is illegal.
    Humans pooing on the street is illegal.

Are you sure about that?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Park up at salthill. Get bus into town, taxi back to van after night out. Cafes open early. Parking is free. 20c toilets halfway down the prom. Warm shower and toilets down at blackrock at the end of the prom. Quick swim in the morning,
    Warm shower after and over to one of the cafes for breakfast. Winner winner chicken dinner.

A couple I know did this just last races's. they were woken by ppl weeing against the car, and two different couples using the car for "romantic encounters". The last couple did damage to both the bonnet and wipers cause of the "gymnastics". In reality repairs cost much the same as booking in or renting a tent.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Augeo wrote: »

Are you actually serious?
    What sort of animals do you invite over. They presumably don't wash their hands either.

Disgusting.

Very serious, its not just my house its common in loads of house parties and not just with young crowd. Even at friends of my parents houses if there is a big crowd the men tend to go out the back for a piss. Don't see the issue.

Also its not reserved for the country, when in town at friends houses out to the back garden for a whizz is common during parties. People have some serious hang ups about a bit of piss around here, good job they never had to work on a farm and be covered from head to toe in piss and s*it.

................. good job they never had to work on a farm and be covered from head to toe in piss and s*it.

Indeed ........... although if you're covered in piss and sh1t you're probably doing something wrong IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

That's for DUI for drunk in control you just need to be in the vehicle. It would want to be a real see you next Tuesday of a Garda to do you put they can.

Del2005 wrote: »
    That's for DUI for drunk in control you just need to be in the vehicle. It would want to be a real see you next Tuesday of a Garda to do you put they can.

They can't do you for anything unless the keys are in your possession or in the ignition and most likely you will have to be in the drivers seat as well for them to have any hope of making it stick. If the keys are in the glove box or better again in the boot and you are not in the drivers seat there is no way they can do you for drink in control of a vehicle as you are not in control of it.

Sure how could anyone sleep in a camper (for example) after a few drinks if you simply have to be in a vehicle to be considered driving it/in charge of it.
    Indeed ........... although if you're covered in piss and sh1t you're probably doing something wrong IMO

You obviously don't know much about dealing with animals or doing certain jobs on the farm if you think it takes doing something wrong to get very dirty.

You obviously don't know much about dealing with animals or doing certain jobs on the farm if you think it takes doing something wrong to get very dirty.

You obviously know little about being civilised if you and your immediate family seem to think chaps p1ssing in gardens at parties is normal behaviour and not disgusting.

Very serious, its not just my house its common in loads of house parties and not just with young crowd. Even at friends of my parents houses if there is a big crowd the men tend to go out the back for a piss. Don't see the issue.

Also its not reserved for the country, when in town at friends houses out to the back garden for a whizz is common during parties. People have some serious hang ups about a bit of piss around here, good job they never had to work on a farm and be covered from head to toe in piss and s*it.

You are totally missing the point.

It is not about the articles that are urine and feaces.

It is about being a civilised human living to a standard and abiding by law. It's about refined behaviours amongst your own community.

Piddling in public are the actions of a brutish barbarian. I am going to say it again - it's not acceptable.

• Advertisement

You obviously know little about being civilised if you and your immediate family seem to think chaps p1ssing in gardens at parties is normal behaviour and not disgusting.

What's wrong with it?

It's basically everyone I know who would have no problem with it, I would be well into the 20's just off the top off my head if I counted the people I know well who I have seen having a slash in a garden or down a side street.

What's more couldn't care less that people find it unacceptable as it's a fairly normal thing in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

What's wrong with it?

It's basically everyone I know who would have no problem with it, I would be well into the 20's just off the top off my head if I counted the people I know well who I have seen having a slash in a garden or down a side street.

What's more couldn't care less that people find it unacceptable as it's a fairly normal thing in my experience.

I'm starting to think theres a considerably older crowd in the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,510 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

This thread makes me want to piss in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

What's wrong with it?

I was waiting on the 'nox stats' to make an appearance, priceless.

What's wrong with it?.....

Well in parts of rural China where there isn't indoor plumbing it's deemed more civilised to use chamber pots than to p1ss in the garden.

In Western Countries well (centuries) before the sanitary flushable toilet became commonplace in homes the city folk relied on chamber pots rather than pissing on the street etc.

Human behaviour over many centuries suggests than the "convenience" of pissing on streets and gardens etc is most definitely frowned upon and something that the human race has tried to move away from.

You'll always get the minority who don't adhere to norms, as your mother sees nothing wrong with you having a slash on the street of an evening out it's no wonder you seem to think it's ok though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What's wrong with it?

You do realise that "down a side street" normally means in someone's front door?

If I ever walk out of my house and find you p*ssing in the doorway, I will rub your face in in!

As to what's wrong with it: well to start with, it makes the street stink like a sewer. It's not so bad when you first do it, but by a few hours later it's rancid. So it's not a problem for you, but is for the people who live there when they get up hours later. Urine contains uric acid, so it stains / corrodes surfaces, including stone, concrete, and paint. Rainwater doesn't remove it fully, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

You do realise that "down a side street" normally means in someone's front door?

If I ever walk out of my house and find you p*ssing in the doorway, I will rub your face in in!

As to what's wrong with it: well to start with, it makes the street stink like a sewer. It's not so bad when you first do it, but by a few hours later it's rancid. So it's not a problem for you, but is for the people who live there when they get up hours later. Urine contains uric acid, so it stains / corrodes surfaces, including stone, concrete, and paint. Rainwater doesn't remove it fully, either.
    In Bruges, some buildings were damaged in this way by people weeing on them. So a surfacant was applied that repelled the wee, spraying it back at its source! Cologne has it too: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/27/walls-that-pee-back-people-urinate-in-public

pjohnson wrote: »

Riiiiiight.

I saw a lad down an alley piss on a door. Then he took his key out and went in.

*May not be true story

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I saw a lad down an alley piss on a door. Then he took his key out and went in.

*May not be true story

Ah, it's Ok. He had been drinking "Piat d'Or" earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement