Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any cafes open early Sundays so can use toilets, public toilets?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Very serious, its not just my house its common in loads of house parties and not just with young crowd. Even at friends of my parents houses if there is a big crowd the men tend to go out the back for a piss. Don't see the issue.

Also its not reserved for the country, when in town at friends houses out to the back garden for a whizz is common during parties. People have some serious hang ups about a bit of piss around here, good job they never had to work on a farm and be covered from head to toe in piss and s*it.

its all down to your breeding, or lack of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭elefant

It's not nice happening upon someone taking a leak down an alleyway, especially if you live in the area. The entrance to my own apartment building reeks of it fairly frequently on weekend mornings, and it's nasty. In saying that, I'm actually surprised by the vitriolic reaction the idea of public urination is being met by here and, in particular, the levels of incredulity.

I would wager that I don't know a single adult male in his 20s who wouldn't have urinated in as quiet a side street as they could find at some point in their lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

....... wrote: »

Whatever about the issue with peeing on the street I really don't get the problem with a private garden which is nobody's business except those who own it and if they are happy to allow it then what's the issue?

I think you are being very naive to think its not a fairly common occurrence at busy house parties where the back door is a lot closer than the bathroom and where the bathroom is usually busy with women using it. I've been in multiple houses from student houses, work mates houses, friends houses, friends of my parents houses, other relations houses etc etc where men went out the back to pee on occasions such as busy house parties.

• Advertisement

sunny2004 wrote: »

An ounce of breeding is better than a ton of feeding :pac:

Peeing is as natural a thing as there is, its your own hang-up that you find someone doing it outdoors disgusting and uncivilised.

Lucky for me I won't be attending any of your house parties so you won't need to worry about me peeing in your back garden, of course its not like people just do it without being given the go ahead by the house owner. Its usually announced early on: "lads can pee out the back if they want".

As for neighbours, in most cases neighbours are a distance away as its mostly rural areas (and they are most likely at the party too). If some PITA neighbour somewhere did ring guards they would laugh at it, you can pee on private property to your hearts content.
    sunny2004 wrote: »

No its down to not being some uptight anti-craic merchant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Peeing is as natural a thing as there is, its your own hang-up that you find someone doing it outdoors disgusting and uncivilised.

Lucky for me I won't be attending any of your house parties so you won't need to worry about me peeing in your back garden, of course its not like people just do it without being given the go ahead by the house owner. Its usually announced early on: "lads can pee out the back if they want".

As for neighbours, in most cases neighbours are a distance away as its mostly rural areas (and they are most likely at the party too). If some PITA neighbour somewhere did ring guards they would laugh at it, you can pee on private property to your hearts content.

No its down to not being some uptight anti-craic merchant.

I think the last line proved my point :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Its usually announced early on: "lads can pee out the back if they want".

You’re slipping away from reality to your fantasy world again.

John_Rambo wrote: »
    You’re slipping away from reality to your fantasy world again.

I don't care if you believe it or not but why would I lie about such a random thing. I have been at numerous houses where the host let people know early on that peeing in the back garden was fair game for any lads that want to.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I only allow it when there is snow on the ground. Participants have to write their name.

Not your ornery onager

They are as likely to get done for "peeping" as a person having a pee is for exposing on private property. These neighbours must have impressive night vision too considering house parties are generally at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Ah what a great thread it brings back great memories of brilliant sessions in Galway and not so brilliant hangovers! I remember 4 of us sleeping in a 95 Corolla Hatchback several times your body would be in bits after a hard weekend of Liqueur and whatever else went down lol...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I have been at numerous houses where the host let people know early on that peeing in the back garden was fair game for any lads that want to.

Nox you've outshine yourself with this one, it's just classic.

FWIW if that was announced at i party i was at, I'd be gone so fast that you wouldn't see me for dust.

1. You're out the back garden having a smoke.

2. It's cold, so the rapid physiological change gives you a sudden urge.

3. Ahhhhh.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I don't care if you believe it or not but why would I lie about such a random thing. I have been at numerous houses where the host let people know early on that peeing in the back garden was fair game for any lads that want to.

Why would you lie? Because you're incapable of seeing the opposite side to any conversation you've ever been in here, you give it the big'un and that's where you leave it.

Could you imagine a "party" where the gents are p1ssing out the back garden, coming back in with p1ssy hands and p1ss spatter on their shoes.

Jesus, it's horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

elefant wrote: »
    It's not nice happening upon someone taking a leak down an alleyway, especially if you live in the area. The entrance to my own apartment building reeks of it fairly frequently on weekend mornings, and it's nasty. In saying that, I'm actually surprised by the vitriolic reaction the idea of public urination is being met by here and, in particular, the levels of incredulity.

I would wager that I don't know a single adult male in his 20s who wouldn't have urinated in as quiet a side street as they could find at some point in their lives.

I think thats the issue. Theres few adult males in their 20's here. It appears the age group present is more the parents of these said males in their 20's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

I wonder what the OP did in the end

• Advertisement

I reckon he got p1ssed..:D

The amount of stuff I say that people don't believe on here would leave them in for a serious surprise if they started hanging around with me for a while and realised it's all true.

Yeah, thread badly needs an OT sitrep from the OP.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

Urinating in the garden is brilliant for the grass. And I mean brilliant. Dark green leafy sward.

The amount of stuff I say that people don't believe on here would leave them in for a serious surprise if they started hanging around with me for a while and realised it's all true.

We've no doubt it's true :)

Augeo wrote: »
    We've no doubt it's true :)

I know him actually he's some man for the p1ss all right!

Advertisement