Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPS Number for Son

Options
  • 18-08-2017 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭

Hi,

My wife and I have purchased a house in Ireland and have sold our home in Sweden with the intension of moving to Ireland at the end of the month. However in the meantime my mother in law in Sweden has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and my wife wants to be near her as much as possible. We have therefore secured short term accommodation in Sweden. Our four year old son has a place in school in Ireland and is due to start in two weeks.

We are both on parental leave and are entitled to it as long as we are Swedish residents, even if we live abroad. We'd like to continue to avail of this if possible until things settle down enough for us to start looking for employment.

We move to Ireland next week but plan to travel to Sweden regularly. My parents will help us so that our son can go to school as much as possible but the school understands our situation. The school has mentioned that they will need a PPSN for our son at some stage after he starts there. I have a PPSN since I was born in Ireland. Will I have to change residency in order to secure a PPSN for him?

What other advice can you offer us regarding residency?

Thanks,

Barry

Comments

Advertisement