Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Publishing apps and money

Options
  • 18-08-2017 11:35am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi, I was wondering how do I publish my app onto the app store(android specifically), and also how to copyright it, and how to make money from the published app.
    I want to know all this since I want to start making this my job so I can live off making applications and being self employed, but I have been looking for answers for these questions but I have not found any answers, can people give me some detailed answers so I know where to start from,thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

All of the information you need on publishing your app is available on the Google Play developer documentation. https://play.google.com/apps/publish/

Copyrighting the app is a legal issue and you will need to contact someone with experience in this.

There is also plenty of documentation on monitization - https://developer.android.com/distribute/best-practices/earn/index.html

Best of luck but from my experience the best way to make money with app development is to get someone else to pay you to make their app.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭Dwellerstew

What is the range or the average amount of money when it comes to someone paying you for you to make an application for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

What is the range or the average amount of money when it comes to someone paying you for you to make an application for them?

How long is a piece of string, depends entirely on the scope of the project, the experience of the developer, can't really give an answer to that question.

What program should I use to develop the app, looking to create gaming apps mainly

• Registered Users Posts: 22,293 ✭✭✭✭endacl

What program should I use to develop the app, looking to create gaming apps mainly

You should probably do some sort of computer course!

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

:D

• Advertisement

That would require time and dedication and money, which I don't have

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

unity for games
    android studio for apps

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

If you discover how to produce money making apps with no time, effort, dedication or money please do come back and share the secret.

Graham wrote: »
    If you discover how to produce money making apps with no time, effort, dedication or money please do come back and share the secret.

Already in the process of doing that mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

€0.00.

No one is going to pay you to make an app because you don't know how to make apps.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Already in the process of doing that mate

So it would appear.

I look forward to hearing how you get on.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

If you dont have time and dedication how do you expect to be a successful entrepreneur? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Esel

1. Develop an app to print money.

2. ???

3. Profit.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Word

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

You're realistically not going to get rich publishing an app. Google the amount of apps that never even get a single download, it is a huge percentage.

Better would be to publish a high quality open source app, that is well tested, uses best practices (architecture patterns, dependency injection, reactive streaming, etc) and shows you understand the lifecycle, frameworks and languages inside out.

This will make getting a very well paid job for a top company much easier, working remotely or as a contractor, without having to worry about creating the next app to put bread on the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

jester77 wrote: »

Better would be to publish a high quality open source app, that is well tested, uses best practices (architecture patterns, dependency injection, reactive streaming, etc) and shows you understand the lifecycle, frameworks and languages inside out.

Advertisement