Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HAP deposit/rent in advance

Options
  • 18-08-2017 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi I have seen on a few threads that DCC are willing to pay LL deposit and two months rent upfront as an incentive to take HAP tenants. Can someone please tell me where can I find more information on this? a link would be great :)

thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

If that is going on you won't find a link to it, because it shouldn't be going on.

I'd put it down to pub talk. More than likely not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

Hope its not true it would be a joke to all hard working people looking a house to rent

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=103548550

I am not sure if the tenant paid the 2 months rent & deposit or the council.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

myshirt wrote: »
    If that is going on you won't find a link to it, because it shouldn't be going on.

I'd put it down to pub talk. More than likely not true.
    brilou23 wrote: »
    Hope its not true it would be a joke to all hard working people looking a house to rent

It's 100% true.
    I took my current tennant on HAP.
    Only reason I took her in HAP is because she was a 2 year tennant in another house of mine that I was taking back for personal use.

HAP paid me 1 months deposit and 2 months up front back in April. There's a big back log and the paper work wasn't finished in July so they paid me July and august up front also while waiting for the paperwork to get finalized in the central office in Limerick i believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭karenalot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

I can also verify DCC pay deposit and 2 months rent in advance. I had a new tenant move in. Completed landlord portion of the HAP form for him on the Thursday and had deposit and 2 months rent in my bank by the following Tuesday.

I don't see why people have a problem with this. Otherwise DSP tenants can't compete with private tenants. Private tenants should pay 2 months as well, too often tenants use deposit as last months rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dublin CC gives the 2 months rent up front, as otherwise there's no incentive to take someone on HAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Adam197812

Hi All
    Someone can explain to me how the HAP is calculated.
    Property cost 1800 p/m.
    Incoming 730e p/w
    Minimum HAP 1250e.
    1 child.

Advertisement