Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Mortgages

Options
  • 18-08-2017 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

Hi,

looking for some advice.

I have a mortgage in my name (under 90,000) left on it. I've recently married and myself and the wife want to buy another property. I don't want to sell this property, just wondering is it possible to have both houses in one mortgage, or what is the best way to deal with this situation?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭All in all

dar100 wrote: »
    Hi,

looking for some advice.

I have a mortgage in my name (under 90,000) left on it. I've recently married and myself and the wife want to buy another property. I don't want to sell this property, just wondering is it possible to have both houses in one mortgage, or what is the best way to deal with this situation?

thanks

No - you will need to apply for new mortgage on new property. Both mortgages would be independent of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

And the second mortgage will be reduced by the amount of the first although some banks will take into account some of the rental income on the first property assuming that's what you're going to do. We found KBC very helpful in a similar situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Op I was in similar situation to you, though mortgage one has a higher amount left on it.

Got second mortgage last year via a broker, via Haven. Rental income was taken into account.

Mortgage one is on a tracker so didn't even look into unifying under one mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Uriel. wrote: »
    Op I was in similar situation to you, though mortgage one has a higher amount left on it.

Got second mortgage last year via a broker, via Haven. Rental income was taken into account.

Mortgage one is on a tracker so didn't even look into unifying under one mortgage.

Did haven charge you a fee?

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Did haven charge you a fee?

I think there was a 100e application fee or something (might have been brokers fee) but nothing else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Uriel. wrote: »

Hi

Is Haven a broker or mortgage providers?

dar100 wrote: »
    Hi

Is Haven a broker or mortgage providers?

Provider. They are a subsidiary of AIB

Advertisement