Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for decent men's clothing stores

Options
  • 18-08-2017 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi I work next to George's St Arcade and I'm looking to buy good quality jeans and shirts and dress shoes to last me for a while. I like the stuff in H&M and Levi's. What are the best stores not too far from me that have affordable menswear?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

One located on ground floor of Rathfarnham Shopping Centre Dublin 14. Some items pricey for what they are.
    A few years ago there was a good men's shop on either the middle floor or top floor of Stephens Green Shopping Mall near the escalator?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kcampo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭CPTM

I like Marks and Sparks on Grafton St. I think they have good quality trousers that last a long time.

I always drop into TK Max in Stephen's Green shopping center if I'm looking for jeans in case I get lucky with sizes and a nice style.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kcampo

Nice, should I invest in an expensive pair of jeans that will last or go for like a 50 euro pair same with trousers? Is there a fashion thread I should be in?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Levis have a store on Grafton Street and there is a H&M near the Gaiety. My brothers both shop in Zara, Penneys, Tommy Hilfiger, TK Maxx and sort of mix/match their clothes. I am not sure about investing in expensive jeans, it's all about a good fit really so you should shop around. What I would say is spend a few quid on a good pair of shoes/boots. Clarks are good quality and not overly expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Cocobongo

I can’t remember the name, but there’s a mens outlet next to welfare office / primark close to rotunda hospital.. been there once, got some good deals and really wanting to come back

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

It's a Clery's outlet full of stuff from the noughties.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

For Levi's I'd recommend biting the bullet and pop out to Kildare Village if you're in the market to buy a few pairs. I got 3 pairs of Levi's just before Christmas last year for around €120-130 iirc. For one of the same pair in Debenhams were €110 and €95 in the Levis shop on Grafon St.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    A few years ago there was a good men's shop on either the middle floor or top floor of Stephens Green Shopping Mall near the escalator?

Good call,if it's still there. Lovely gear, but not really a place for bargains if memory serves me correctly. Arnotts is usually fairly reliable, for me at least.

Advertisement