Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stable prices

Options
  • 18-08-2017 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi, we have an old equestrian centre with 12 stables, sand arena and some outbuildings on 8 acres. Some years ago it was used as a riding school. We have previously rented it out in its entirety but are now thinking of renting it out on a per stable basis.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions particularly regarding prices etc.

Ballinasloe area.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

No idea on a price for stables but do you rent out the sand arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭isaos

I have seen some stables renting per stable on the basis of €10 per day, all work carried out by the owner, who gets to used the arena etc..

You could possibly try calling Woodlands Equestrian Center in Killarney, Kerry, to get more info re how they deal. (they are also on Facebook).

I would love to be your neighbour.. I would pay for the use of a good arena!! Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭isaos

charlieIRL wrote: »
    No idea on a price for stables but do you rent out the sand arena?

... this is actually probably the way to go.. and people coming from a distance or with a few horses might be happy to use the stables to! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ODubhain82

Thanks for the replies everyone. Some good ideas there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hundzia

Jaysus, where were you 5 months ago?! I know, here, but I wasn't, silly me. :(
    We paid 5 euro per horse and 10 per arena per hour. So if I had five riders in one group session, loaner would earn 35 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭murphthesmurf

Let us know what you decide to do with arena/stables, I don't live too far from Ballinasloe and might be looking for livery/arena/lessons in the future.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Just remember you will need to have public liability insurance in place if you hire on a per stable basis for DIY or similar.

Advertisement