Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much should I pay for a handyman/ diy person?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

thats the problem . most customers never see or realise all the costs behind the scenes

I run my own business with 8 on payroll in 3 different countries so completely understand where you’re coming from around the cost of service. Customers don’t see it or don’t want to see it, and that’s across all industries. Above was not meant as a dig at all - just couldn’t understand the maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

In which case the market (as in all things) will decide. In the crash, tradesmen weren't getting what they are getting now. The market decided.
    Unfortunately, many tradespeople decided to leave the trade or Ireland during the crash, so some trades now have a longer waiting list than others for good tradespeople.

=-=

To the OP; IMO saying a day rate of multiple jobs would more likely get someone than getting prices for the multiple jobs. Coming out for a €30 job may not be worth it to the person, but €200 will. But as said, if most of the work is electrical, get a qualified electrician that also does bits on the side, as opposed to a plumber who does electrical bits on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

IrishZeus wrote: »
    The average industrial wage is €103,000/yr?

(€400*5*4.3*12)

The €200 / day you pay them (they don't see your your income tax) is their gross. Deduct (a very conservative) 20% for overheads + business expenses and that €200 / day ends up close to the average industrial wage. In reality at €200 per day they probably end up with less than the average industrial wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭clivej

Also don't forget your hiring the tradsmans tools well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

The €200 / day you pay them (they don't see your your income tax) is their gross. Deduct (a very conservative) 20% for overheads + business expenses and that €200 / day ends up close to the average industrial wage. In reality at €200 per day they probably end up with less than the average industrial wage.

I need to charge 180 to 200 to get minimum wage with a few days off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,958 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Where do I find you lovely, responsible and reliable tradesmen please?

Would pay a decent amount for jobs well done!

Is there a register or anything like that. S Dublin area.

Advertisement