Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good spot for pet lovers

Options
  • 18-08-2017 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭

Hi,

just wondering is there any particularly good spots in the city recommended to live if you have dogs/cats?

Might seem like a stupid question I know but I mean, access to good walking routes with minimal traffic/people, dog friendly green areas or close to suburb/country roads non student/scumbag areas etc. All without being in the poshest places!

hoping to narrow down daft searches a bit!
    thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The Tramore Road river walk, and across the road is the Eco-Park at Kilbarry.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭kaef

There are only two residential areas to live in Waterford.

1. Normal: loaded with students, anti-social behaviour, thieves, junkies. Prices: expensive.
    2. Posh: loaded with nice green areas, small traffic, nice pet walks, friendly neighbours. Prices: ridiculously expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

kaef wrote: »
    There are only two residential areas to live in Waterford.

1. Normal: loaded with students, anti-social behaviour, thieves, junkies. Prices: expensive.
    2. Posh: loaded with nice green areas, small traffic, nice pet walks, friendly neighbours. Prices: ridiculously expensive

That seems a bit harsh. I'm sure there are very nice places to live amongst the "normal" working class folk. I'm looking to buy by the way (not rent) so just don't want to purchase a house and have my pets terrified by non stop student parties or a back garden where items get thrown over the wall to murder my pets. Exaggerating!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Lived up the back of collins avenue for a while. We have a cat and I was never worried about him as it was quiet and far from the Dunmore road. Same could be said for the back of Earls court

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

I'm looking to buy by the way (not rent) so just don't want to purchase a house and have my pets terrified by non stop student parties or a back garden where items get thrown over the wall to murder my pets. Exaggerating!

Maybe it would be easier if you gave the area(s) where you are planning to buy the house and you could get advice on that area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

What about Ferrybank?
    Respectable enough area with country roads near enough? Any dodgy areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

You could look at gracedieu, some of the estates up mear Bilberry are very close to the entrance to the greenway.
    The likes of Cherrymount/Avondale or even Ursuline court would have easy access to the eco park.
    There is a lovely river walk out on the Dunmore road. It runs behind King's Channel and Maypark area, but they are expensive areas.

I guess it depends on the type of pet and type of walking.

If you have a car, you can head to any of the beaches around, or head out to the likes of Faithlegg which has loads of foreset/mountain trails.

Advertisement