Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Insurance - Freelancer Germany

Options
  • 18-08-2017 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Heading to Germany next month as a freelance engineer (I have a 12 mth contract signed). I need expat health insurance, I see there are many companies offering insurance ranging from 59 - 250 euro a month. Can anyone advise a company, or are they all the same in terms of cover? I'm young healthy so only need basic cover.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Juran wrote: »
    Heading to Germany next month as a freelance engineer (I have a 12 mth contract signed). I need expat health insurance, I see there are many companies offering insurance ranging from 59 - 250 euro a month. Can anyone advise a company, or are they all the same in terms of cover? I'm young healthy so only need basic cover.
    Thanks

Check into this very carefully before shelling out for anything, as an EU citizen working in Germany you will be treated exactly the same as a German citizen and as such will be required to comply with the health insurance regulations there.

Many expat insurances do not meet the insurance requirements in various EU states.

Ask your questions on toytowngermany, they will be able to tell you exactly what the situation is.

Advertisement