Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the cost to call 076 number?

Options
  • 18-08-2017 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Can you list the costs to call 076 numbers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Can you list the costs to call 076 numbers?
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. Are you looking for the cost to call one of these numbers from a landline or a mobile phone?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭touchdown77

Both

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

What is the number your calling ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

CVB wrote: »
    What is the number your calling ?
    Why would you want to know that?
    Maybe the OP is calling me and wants to know how much it should cost!

@touchdown77

Last time I checked the 076 range was not included in any of the packages available for landline or mobile, although I think that might have changed for some landline providers. 
    The charges were the same as for a landline number when no minutes remained on the package.

On the other hand if calling from a VOIP account, calls to the 076 numbers can be free of costs using the SIP URI of the 076 number. I have no idea if this can be done with an eir issued 076 number.

It appears from recent discussion documents released by Comreg that the 076 numbers might be discontinued in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Different 076 numbers have different costs. 

• Advertisement

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Can you point me to some information about that?

Other than different providers charging differently, I have never seen different prices for different 076 numbers.

The whole basis of the 076 non-geo numbers was to 'level the playing field'.

EDIT:
    This would seem to indicate there is no difference between any 076 numbers

http://www.moneyguideireland.com/new-0761-phone-numbers-to-reduce-phone-bills.html
    all 076 numbers are usually charged at the same rate as if you were calling a national landline number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Other than different providers charging differently, I have never seen different prices for different 076 numbers.

EDIT:

http://www.moneyguideireland.com/new-0761-phone-numbers-to-reduce-phone-bills.html
    all 076  numbers are usually charged at the same rate as if you were calling a national landline number
    I read it in Irish times a couple of weeks ago.  I thought they were all same cost but report said some (i think 0766) had higher cost. 

It is all set to change soon with anyway. 

Edit - it was on aam
    https://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/0766-numbers-are-premium-rate-lines-and-not-covered-by-most-contracts-%C2%AC.204545/#post-1526574

Seems its a 4 digit prefix - 0761 0762 etc. The 0766 prefix allows the number owner to choose the tariff.

So avoid 0766 numbers

EDIT:

all 076  numbers are usually charged at the same rate as if you were calling a national landline number
    I read it in Irish times a couple of weeks ago.  I thought they were all same cost but report said some (i think 0766) had higher cost. 

It is all set to change soon with anyway. 

Edit - it was on aam
    https://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/0766-numbers-are-premium-rate-lines-and-not-covered-by-most-contracts-%C2%AC.204545/#post-1526574

Seems its a 4 digit prefix - 0761 0762 etc. The 0766 prefix allows the number owner to choose the tariff.

So avoid 0766 numbers
    It is a 3 digit prefix.
    The 0761xxx numbers have all been allocated to gov .....  as reported in my link above.

As for 0766 numbers, they were for the most part allocated to providers Freespeech and Blueface and possibly others, if I recall correctly.

There is no difference between any of the numbers except how the various telco providers charge you for calling them, as I said before.
    Some apparently in recognition of gov numbers have included 0761xxx numbers in bundles, while excluding all other 076 numbers.
    Not all providers do this.

The mess is that there was no obligation on the likes of eir, vodafone etc etc to include all 076xxx numbers within bundle.

As for avoiding 076xxx numbers .......  I can call those without cost from a VOIP account.
    Yes I have several such 0766xxx numbers!

I can also use them to call other VOIP numbers FOC.

As I posted in reply #5 above it seems that Comreg wish to delete all 076xxxx numbers in the near future.
    I hope they do not, but they should oblige all telcos to treat them as 'local' numbers for the purposes of 'plan minutes'.

Advertisement