Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending money to a friend? Bank draft? Charges?

Options
  • 18-08-2017 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I would like to send a small amount of money (€40) by post to a friend. For obvious reasons I imagine that posting cash isn't the best option?

If I was to send a bank draft would that cost me money?

Would it cost the receiver of the draft to change the draft / lodge the draft in their bank regardless of whether they are a BOI customer or not?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Danye,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

You can send a electronic transfer which would cost only the transaction charge (10 cent) as you would be unable to get a bank draft for the amount above.

If you wish to send the payment electronically you would need to set up your friend as a payee on your account through the 365 online by selecting manage accounts then manage payee.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Regards

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Danye

Hi Danye,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

You can send a electronic transfer which would cost only the transaction charge (10 cent) as you would be unable to get a bank draft for the amount above.

If you wish to send the payment electronically you would need to set up your friend as a payee on your account through the 365 online by selecting manage accounts then manage payee.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Regards

Kareana
    Thanks for your help Kareana. Much appreciated.

Advertisement