Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What programs do you use to develop mobile applications?

Options
  • 18-08-2017 2:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hey, I want to start my own entrepreneurship in app developing however I don't know what program to use to create my applications, any detailed answers about the topic would be appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

What language are you coding in and for what platform?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

You are already using one of the programs you need, a web browser. Go to https://www.w3schools.com/html/default.and learn html. The only other program you need is notepad to write and save the html files.

Write the following in notepad, save the file as a .html file (rather than the default .txt). Open the file with your web browser.

[font=Verdana, sans-serif][font=Consolas, "courier new"]<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>Dwellerstew</title>
    </head>
    <body>

<h1>Hello World!</h1>

</body>
    </html>[/font]
    [/font]

Do this and get back to us with your progress report.

You are already using one of the programs you need, a web browser. Go to https://www.w3schools.com/html/default.and learn html. The only other program you need is notepad to write and save the html files.

Write the following in notepad, save the file as a .html file (rather than the default .txt). Open the file with your web browser.

<html>
    <head>
    </head>
    <body>

<h1>Hello World!</h1>

</body>
    </html>[/font]
    [/font]

You are already using one of the programs you need, a web browser. Go to https://www.w3schools.com/html/default and learn html. The only other program you need is notepad to write and save the html files.

<html>
    <head>
    </head>
    <body>

<h1>Hello World!</h1>

</body>
    </html>[/font]
    [/font]

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

They asked about making apps not websites. Based on their other posts and the fact they want to make gaming apps but not put any time or dedication into it I don't think its going to be something thats gonna get much legs anyways.

• Advertisement

@axwell, thus the reply. I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. If OP is unable or unwilling to make a html page, then it won't have any toes let alone legs!

@op, software development will open up entrepreneurial opportunities more than any other, and you can learn it all for free. However as axwell said, it's gonna take time and dedication, on your part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Hey, I want to start my own entrepreneurship in app developing however I don't know what program to use to create my applications, any detailed answers about the topic would be appreciated

At the very basic level:

Android apps - Android Studio
    iOS apps - Xcode

Both Apple and Google websites have lots of content on learning how to make apps for their respective platforms.

Once you understand the basics you can find an almost infinite amount of content online for learning.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sbs2010

What are people's thoughts on Xamarin, to do Android and iOS at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

sbs2010 wrote: »
    What are people's thoughts on Xamarin, to do Android and iOS at the same time?

Generally fine for templated type apps, so useful for most things, can become more of a burden if the app is more niche or advanced than most. I prefer flutter for this type of hybrid development for its much newer and less well supported.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭Dwellerstew

<html>
    <head>
    </head>
    <body>

<h1>Hello World!</h1>

</body>
    </html>[/font]
    [/font]

I did this and it worked but I didn't really see the purpose of this

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I did this and it worked but I didn't really see the purpose of this

You missed a step:

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭W0LFMAN

+1 for android studio. I don't have programming background or schooling. I managed to build what I needed. Using Android studio and firebase. And of course youtube.

Advertisement