Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet speed useless and support less than helpfull

Options
  • 18-08-2017 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Just had an live chat with a support agent who made the issue worse and then ended the chat with a comment

"Thanks for chatting with me, I am happy that I have answered all your questions and helped to resolve the issue. It was excellent chatting with you today. Have an excellent day :-) Take care". 

:mad: Is that actually some sort of joke :mad:

I now have the following speedtest results on a fibre connection but according to the agent everything is resolved and they answered all my questions 

Download Speed: 206 kbps (25.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 2427 kbps (303.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Latency: 55 ms
    8/18/2017, 4:21:12 PM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Just had an live chat with a support agent who made the issue worse and then ended the chat with a comment

"Thanks for chatting with me, I am happy that I have answered all your questions and helped to resolve the issue. It was excellent chatting with you today. Have an excellent day :-) Take care". 

I now have the following speedtest results on a fibre connection but according to the agent everything is resolved and they answered all my questions 

Hi there,

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your service and with the online chat today. 

Can you PM me your account number and full name please?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 9 barrybmcnamara

eir: Adam wrote: »

Hi there,

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your service and with the online chat today. 

Can you PM me your account number and full name please?

- Adam
    I have sent details in a PM

Speed is getting worse every time i check

Download Speed: 153 kbps (19.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Told by Eir technical support that they changed settings on my router yesterday  to fix the issue they told me i didnt actually have and that the fibre would have stabilized within 24 hours and would be back up to full speed. not the case as you can see from the results below

8/19/2017 4:45 PM 
    Download Speed: 570 kbps

Also at 18:34 yesterday a factory reset was initialized on the router which i can only assume was done by support so i had to setup the router again and connect my devices back up to the wireless.

I cant get into MyEir account because it says "Account temporarily locked", i have tried to send a password reset but i never receive the email.

I would like to have the eir_WiFi SSID removed from my router

• Advertisement

Latest speed test gives the following results, really frustrating when we rely on a smart TV for Netflix for the kids

8/19/2017 4:45 PM  
    Download Speed: 330 kbps

If support are saying that there are no issues with the line then the next process of elimination is the router as i have already run all the standard tests to check everything

• Using F2000 Modem with no filters or splitters attached
    • Checked speed from a number of different devices all with the same results
    • removed all other connected devices
    • Connected laptop directly to modem with Ethernet cable and get the same speed results after running tests
    • Powered off and on the modem multiple times
    • Checked system logs
    • checked the modem was on the latest firmware
    • Spoke to Eir support to be told that there are no issues, then told there might be an issue and that they would change some settings after which the support chat was ended "Thanks for chatting with me, I am happy that I have answered all your questions and helped to resolve the issue." (No Help)
    • Contacted support again and was told the setting that were changed would stabilize the fibre within 24 hours 
    • Factory Reset the modem and setup all settings again for WiFi
    • 24 hours passed and connection is worse
    • Ran multiple speed tests over the last number of days to confirm the issue was not resolved. :mad:

Dropped packets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Dropped packets
    I've received your PM and responded there now.

Thanks 

Adam 

Advertisement