Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas plans/preparation 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Go on treat yourself!! ;) one of my.Christmas memories growing up is matching set for Christmas dinner ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Go on treat yourself!! ;) one of my.Christmas memories growing up is matching set for Christmas dinner ha!

I think I will you have convinced me ;) same! Mine is all the good glassware coming out lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Would an Excel folder be like totally sacreligious???

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭vanessamee

Love the idea of a list that's class I have Santa nearly finished just need to get an iPod touch Santa is finished than.. And I will wrap them in Oct.. food shopping is left to the last min as been a chef I order my meat from our butcher.. I picked up some goodies last week in Tesco but I don't do a large food shop anymore as it's a waste...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'd love to get a Christmas dinner set; with holly or something on it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I generally make a Christmas cake in September... I'm still sitting here thinking "when it's September, I'll have to get around to starting planing that cake..." :o

Posy wrote: »
    I generally make a Christmas cake in September... I'm still sitting here thinking "when it's September, I'll have to get around to starting planing that cake..." :o

Can I ask for your recipe? Considering the possibility of making a Christmas cake this year even though I make mince pies and maderia cake with 'snow icing' every Christmas eve.

Just been to dunnes..sweets and biscuits are 2 for 10 euro so got 4 tins of the biscuits and my first 2 boxes of christmas sweets ( celebrations and hero's :pac: ) stock up has begun !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Glitzgirl I'm going to stock up myself this week the biscuits look great :)

SarahLil wrote: »
    Glitzgirl I'm going to stock up myself this week the biscuits look great :)

HI Sarah great to see you back ! :) yes Def great value. The hardest part is not opening them until christmas hahah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Romantic Rose

I see the Toy Show is on the 1st of December this year. I'm planning to have my real tree up by that day. I want the house spick and span before then. Might get a takeaway that night too.

Already have tickets booked for a Santa Express, they booked so fast last year that I didn't want to miss the train again :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I think I'll put up my tree the Sunday before the Toy Show, purely as it takes so long to do haha.

That way I can have the house nice and tidied for the Toy Show, and yes a takeaway is in order for that night too haha.

Wasn't gonna bother with sweeties etc until closer to time as there is only two of us but this thread is making me sway and think I'll just pick up few this week! ;) I saw that Shania Twain tickets will be on sale next week so thinking on getting two for my mum as Christmas present, just gotta find out if she still like her enough to get excited by it!

Awww I have 1st December all planned already- booked day off work already so I can spend the day decorating the tree and house ;) The plan is to have Christmas tree up the day before and get hubby to put lights on. He is a bit of perfectionist and I'm never satisfied when I put it on myself! ;) Loughc got me thinking that maybe it would be better to decorate earlier as I usually make a mess when decorating :D

Oh and I started making a list of presents today! ;)

Agree tree up before the toyshow himself will probably be moaning it's too early but he knows he won't win I rely on him now to my lights on the tree as my late aunt always helped me :(
    I'll be working the 1st I'm already thinking of what take away on Friday the 1st don't know what it is with me and food this week all the talk of biscuits, chocolates I'm ready to hibernate and eat, we always have some of the tubes of sweets for the toyshow too you know the ones that are handy for Christmas stockings

Disney there's only 2 of us too but it's so nice to whip out a tin of sweets or biscuit of an evening or if someone pops in for a cuppa unexpected

I reckon our hubbies should be grateful that Toy Show ain't on at end of Nov anymore :P
    Aw sorry about your aunt, nice to have those memories putting up lights together though :)
    I think we just didn't trust ourselves enough to start buying sweeties in advance- we're really terrible when it comes to that- he actually always moan that I never buy biscuits and what if we have visitors :P

The tradition here is the tree is up and decorated before the day of the toy show. It's lit on toy show day officially or lights turned on.

Each person here has a little red good bag with some goodies , our first set of christmas pj's are worn and we have christmas mugs for hot chocolate and of course a take away is in order :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I was shopping in Dunnes last week & was a bit short of the €50 spend to use my €10 voucher, so decided to start picking up packets of fruit for Christmas cakes etc. Spread the cost a bit.

I know someone here had a lovely homemade mincemeat recipe last year - must dig that out and make it soon as lots of apples around at the moment too

Hopefully the pic will attach this time .. got Mr glitz to make up some christmas eve boxes in work for the family, got a sneaky peak yesterday and I love them !!!!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Hopefully the pic will attach this time .. got Mr glitz to make up some christmas eve boxes in work for the family, got a sneaky peak yesterday and I love them !!!!!!

Oh wow Glitzgirl they’re beautiful!

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Oh wow Glitzgirl they’re beautiful!

Thank you :) I've been told they are large enough to hold new pj's and goodies so perfect for our elf Mr jingles to leave on christmas eve. I'm so excited to bring them home.... eeeek!

Oh Glitz, they looks magical!! Beautiful!

Beautiful Glitz so magical they will be blown away by them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

You could most likely sell those

OU812 wrote: »
    You could most likely sell those

Haha not a hope not these ones away. Can't wait til they make it home :)

Thanks disney and Sarah ! I'm so impressed with how they turned out :) he even got little gold brass handles and latches on them .. very festive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

Haha not a hope not these ones away. Can't wait til they make it home :)

Not those ones specifically, but he could probably make a nice little sideline in the next two months taking orders on here & facebook

When are everyone going to start pre Christmas deep cleaning session?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

When are everyone going to start pre Christmas deep cleaning session?...

I was contemplating getting one of the companies who clean ovens in this year. I absolutely hate cleaning the oven, so might try one of the companies out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

BDJW wrote: »
    I was contemplating getting one of the companies who clean ovens in this year. I absolutely hate cleaning the oven, so might try one of the companies out!

DO IT!!!!! I got mine done last year, it was actually amazing! And it's meant that for the whole year, I've literally just had to wipe down the glass and shelves - no deep clean needed. I'm defo getting him again! Best 60quid I spent! Also got him to do the extractor fan because I hate doing that too!

Advertisement