Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employer can't give P45

Options
  • 18-08-2017 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi guys, I hope I'm doing this right I've never used this before!
    So in June I worked a temporary job for about 3 weeks. I was heavily taxed for this because my tax credits from my previous job were not transferred in time (no thanks to the unhelpful staff at my local revenue office). After my employment ended I wanted to get a P45 so I could claim this tax back because I was unemployed but then my employer closed for July and I didn't get it in time. The people in the tax office told me I could not claim this tax back without a P45.
    I am starting a new job and have contacted them again asking for my P45 but they say they can't give it to me and they cannot remember why but there was some reason that they couldn't process it or something. I am afraid I will be emergency taxed on my new job (which is part-time at the moment) because I never submitted a P45 from my last job.
    So is there any way to stop getting emergency taxed without my P45, I have contacted my previous employer several times but it seems there's nothing they can do for me.

Comments

Advertisement