Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel in Key West

• 18-08-2017 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

Hi, can anyone recommend a nice hotel in Key West (4 star), good location
    its mind boggling to look at all the, hotels, its our first visit, we will be there for 10 nights so would like a nice hotel.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

What is your budget and where do you want to stay - Duval St

What type of accomodation - B&B or full hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

Yes Duval street, hotel with parking budget $2000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I've been looking at the same for next March, and to be honest, the hotel prices are crazy.

We're toying with the idea of using Air B&B for our time in Keywest.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Friends of mine are travelling to KeyWest in September and they are opting for Air BnB as the hotel prices are extortionate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Key West is expensive, we stayed in the Ocean Key which was amazing.

Do your research and ring them directly to try for deals.

Make sure to hit Sloppy Joes and Kermit for Key Lime Pie.

Its heaven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Hi

I have stayed here in 2013:

The Paradise Inn, 819 Simonton St, Key West, Florida, US, 33040

Here in 2014:

Best Western Hibiscus Motel, 1313 Simonton Street, Key West, Florida, US, 33040

Both were very nice

The Paradise was very homely and would recommend it

The motel had a better pool

Key West is expensive compared to say Orlando, but its the drive from Miami ( I have done it from Orlando in 1 day and then drove to St Pete on the Beach after a weekend in Key West) that is a bug bear, but worth the journey to enjoy the place

One of my favourite recollections was a man stopping the traffic to let a chicken and its 5 chicks to cross the road - wonderful to see

A truly wonderful place

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

I have booked the Orchid Key for 9 nights, spending first night in Miami, i will report back when i return on 14th Sept.
    Brilliant that Aer Lingus will fly direct to Miami from 1st September :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

janja wrote: »
    I have booked the Orchid Key for 9 nights, spending first night in Miami, i will report back when i return on 14th Sept.
    Brilliant that Aer Lingus will fly direct to Miami from 1st September :D

Enjoy, i hated Miami. The drive down to Key West is amazing and look out for the "No Name" pub, a great place to stop and get grub !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Stayed for 4 nights in the Island City hotel over 4th July week. Fantastic hotel. Cannot recommend enough. But was $330 per night, for 2 bed apartment type hotel. No breakfast or restaurant, but close to cafe's etc. Check out Tripadvisor for reviews. I could not find an Air BnB with pool etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

Marker Waterfront. Just back from there . Really nice on historic waterfront. 5 min walk from Duval. Great location. New hotel only open a couple of years. 30 seconds walk from a micro brewery . Couldn't do much better 😀

Advertisement