Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for "provocative" thread

Options
  • 18-08-2017 9:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47

I believe the correct prefix for this appeals thread is "social and fun", if not, I hope it can be corrected to the "after hours" forum.

I was told I was banned for starting a thread asking for conversation on the realistic reactions/actions that would/could/should be taken in the event of a terrorist attack on Dublin.

While it was certainly a "hot topic", I do not agree in the slightest that it was provocational.

I did not use sensationalist ideas, nor did I use sensationalist words, and I also did not make sensationalist suggestions.

On the contrary, I attempted to maintain the civility/conversational nature of the topic while one moderator (Kersplat) repeatedly took my comments and reposted them in what can only be assumed to be an attempt to derail and shut down conversation. That is to say, censorship carried out in a mocking way by a person who is supposed to be in a neutral position in governing conversation. It is completely and utterly apparent.

But still I tried to keep the conversation going in a normal manner, asking that the moderator do something to correct what I mistook for a glitch at first.

While replying to posters that sincerely wanted to converse, the first moderator was joined in his jeering by another moderator (Samaris). Again, a completely unacceptable abuse of administrative power in what is supposed to be an open forum.

If the thread is archived, then my best defence is for those to read it. And even if the thread was deemed too hot of a topic, it still is no excuse to ban my membership completely.

I ask that this be looked into seriously. Even if the particular people investigating the issue do not like my topics or ideas, it is still a very serious matter of biased censorship at play here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Sweet Prince, please follow the process & attempt to resolve this in a civil manner via PM with the mod who banned you.

tHB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 Sweet Prince

Apologies, I should have stated the fact that I already contacted the relevant moderator and he informed me to continue to the appeals process.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 Sweet Prince

I suppose that I should add that, in addition to mentioning the moderators Kersplat and Samaris, the moderator I was ultimately banned by was Conspectus.

It was Conspectus who upheld the ban when I contacted him in relation to it, and it was he/she that directed me to the further appeal.

Thanks for confirming that, Sweet Prince. I'll ask a CMod to review your appeal.

Please note that KERSPLAT! is not a moderator of After Hours & is to be considered as a regular poster in the context of this appeal.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Hi Sweet Prince,

I will look into this.

May I please request a link to the thread in which you are appealing your ban.

May I also request the PM conversation you had with the banning mod for me to review?

LEIN

• Advertisement

No response in over 3 weeks.

Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement