Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gym Gear

• 18-08-2017 10:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Hi all,

I'm looking to pick up some gym gear in the coming weeks. Tops, leggings etc.

I'd prefer stuff that isn't see through, especially leggings.

What brands are good and would be worth going for? I don't want to spend a huge amount of money on each item as I need quite a few bits so would greatly appreciate any help with this as I'm lost with it. :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,706 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭Humour Me

I find that penny's gym gear is actually good quality, especially for tops and sports bras. The only issue I have the their leggings is no pockets, which I prefer.

You should keep an eye on the Elverys website for their two for the price of one sale, they run it a few times a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

I like Gap for gym gear (but only when I have one of their regular 25-35% off offers). Leggings are squat proof, generally, and the quality is good wash after wash. Then 'breath' t-shirts are great.

http://www.gap.eu/browse/category.do?cid=1062062

If you see something you like, and want a discount code, pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

Victoria Secret (get online) actually has the best gym gear. Brilliant quality, good support and so nice on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I've gotten leggings and sports bras in dunnes. They're grand... not see through and cheap enough!

I figure they're only sweats, so no need to waste money on name brands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Penneys are excellent for gym gear.
    I go for that kind of satiny-feel material with leggings; you know the ones that usually have prints on them?

They're not see-through, they sit nice on the waist and they wash well, meaning you get ages out of them.

I don't buy the standard cheap black leggings because 9 times out of 10 they're see-through, they tend to go baggy at the knees, they wash horribly and when you sweat it's very obvious!

The gym tops in Penneys are particularly fab and they're for nothing.
    Sports bras-can't comment as I only buy Shock Absorbers from Debenhams.

The gym gear in Penneys is dirt cheap; I got a gorgeous vest yesterday for €7 but it's excellent quality. You'd think it was dearer.

I'm the same as you; I refuse to pay loads for gym stuff as I buy so much of it and if you're losing weight, you won't get as long out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Penneys stuff is good. Under Armour is obviously top notch but expensive. It'll last you though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,654 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

M&S do good quality, ok-looking gear. I've used loads of it over the years and it's lasted well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Thank you all so so much. I will check out all of your suggestions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,654 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Or this crowd

http://www.lillywhites.com/

seem to have a great range of all sorts of branded sports stuff at very good prices.

Can't vouch for them other than I've bought a tennis racket from them - it was far cheaper than I could find it elsewhere, and arrived in no time.

• Advertisement

Sports direct and penneys

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

TK Maxx is great for gym stuff. I get all my leggings there all non see through so far! I've gotten sports bras there as well, the seem to have a lot of a brand called 90 Degrees that are excellent. Pennys for vests as someone else mentioned, €4/€5 you can't go wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Most of my sports gear comes from penneys also. The only item I ever had a problem with were the black leggings from earlier this year - they had 4 or 5 slim stripes down the side like addidas - black but goes see through when stretched (across my thighs and ar$e!).

Another good place to try is TK Maxx, I normally try there for sports bras and have got some light weight vest tops and good shorts for running.

Sports Direct is also pretty good.

Another place I've heard recommended but haven't personally tried is Decathlon.

The only thing I buy from actually sports shops are my runners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Another vote for Penneys from me. I'd say about 95% of my gym gear is from there with remaining bits being from H&M and Forever21.
    I don't rate Dunnes to be honest. I find the fit isn't the best and it seems to lose its shape after a few washes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I've got some nice stuff from H&M, they've nice sports bras for low impact excersize!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

I got most my stuff in H&M and cannot fault it. Great value and washes well. TKMaxx good for leggings for yoga

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I've loads fom H&M, really good quality and I love the patterns they do on leggings. I got some nice Nike bits in the new Sports Direct shop, was very good value for the brand, and the leggings are so flattering!

Advertisement