Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many meals does your creche provide

Options
  • 18-08-2017 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

My toddler is in two different creches. I wanted to increase her days in the original creche but they were fully booked up at the time, so she is one full day in another one.
    First creche offer 2 healthly nacks and two hot meals cooked on site.
    The 2nd one offer a bowl of cereal for breakfast and one hot meal. You have to provide the two snacks.

I've only just read on the citizens advise page, that creches should offer two hot meals and two snacks for hours of stay over 5hours.
    Does the word offer mean that they should also provide the food?
    Do you think the 2nd creche is in breach of this regulation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

No, they have to offer facilities as far as i know.

My creche has breakfast available if you drop before 8:30. Cereals.

Hot lunch you can either send in something to be heated, or pay 5 euro per day for it. And on the full day you can send in two snacks as well, and a piece of fruit.

But yeah, anything you don't send in here , you pay extra for.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭flowerific

Wow, so in your case if you arrive st 8:35/40 then they get no cereal. 5eur is s lot for a baby dinner in my opinion.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Is the 2nd creche alot cheaper?
    Our creche was the same I think before 8:45 they got breakfast after that it was in to the daily routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I pay €31 per day. Breakfast is provided up to 9am, snack at 10am, dinner at 12, snack at 2pm and tea at 4pm. Snacks are fruit, water or milk and sometimes a yoghurt or a plain biscuit. I'd find it very inconvenient providing food for the creche on a daily basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭flowerific

31eur and they provide all that food. That is Very good. If youre inDublin then it's excellent I think!.
    The first creche is a non profit community creche and provides all meals and snacks and is 34eur per day and in Meath.
    Second one is 40eur and will be 45 in September and provide cereal and hot meal and in Meath. It has better playing facilities etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I pay €33 a day for a crèche in Tralee. They will give breakfast if in very early, but I don't start work until 10am, so he gets his at home. He does however get two snacks and one dinner. I think it's great. He also eats great while there, unlike at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Our daughter gets breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks. Dinner is always hot, lunch is also hot 90% of the time. My daughter eats more veg in her two days in creche than the rest of the week with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I'm beginning to think I'm overpaying for my cre. I pay €45 per day for my 3 year old (was increased from €35 recently) and I have to provide every bite of food. They charge €50 for under 18 months and again, no food provided. It seems expensive compared to what people here are paying. This is in a cre in a village in Cork, not city centre or suburbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

We pay €57 for two full days a week but in a Dublin commuter town so that's quite reasonable for the area especially with the quality and quantity of the food

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭chocfan

Our creche operates on a monthly fee basis, not a daily one

Our Lg is there 3 days a week (MIL the other two) and the monthly fee is €832-I've just worked out if there's 4 weeks in most months, that's approx €69 a day (832/12) Eeek!! I don't think it's quite pro rata and is around €1100 full time a month but still very VERY expensive

Don't have much options living in Dublin city suburbs. They get breakfast, snack, hot lunch, snack and almost always a hot tea-sometimes that's cold like sandwiches etc. All the food is made onsite with their cook and the kids get to make things like mini pizzas, scones etc sometimes as well (child labour-aren't we paying enough! :) )

It's very expensive I know that but we don't have much of a choice with it really. Handy to have the food included (but I'm sure it would be much cheaper to supply it ourselves if we had the choice!!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

flowerific wrote: »
    Wow, so in your case if you arrive st 8:35/40 then they get no cereal. 5eur is s lot for a baby dinner in my opinion.

Yes. But we have breakfast at home together anyway and even if I drop her at 8 I tell them she already ate. I value family meals, so drag us all out of bed for them.

It is 5 euro for every meal, from baby to toddler to preschooler. It is the same meal, just mashed more for the babies, and they eat less of it. Simpler for ordering purposes I think, as its the local supervalu that delivers them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

chocfan wrote: »
    Our creche operates on a monthly fee basis, not a daily one

Our Lg is there 3 days a week (MIL the other two) and the monthly fee is €832-I've just worked out if there's 4 weeks in most months, that's approx €69 a day (832/12) Eeek!! I don't think it's quite pro rata and is around €1100 full time a month but still very VERY expensive

Don't have much options living in Dublin city suburbs. They get breakfast, snack, hot lunch, snack and almost always a hot tea-sometimes that's cold like sandwiches etc. All the food is made onsite with their cook and the kids get to make things like mini pizzas, scones etc sometimes as well (child labour-aren't we paying enough! :) )

It's very expensive I know that but we don't have much of a choice with it really. Handy to have the food included (but I'm sure it would be much cheaper to supply it ourselves if we had the choice!!)

I used to pay the same 6 years ago:(
    It is the cost we pay for living/working in Dublin!

I understand why some creches do not provide food but the fees should be a lot smaller with out them.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

I'm in Dublin too and the monthly fee for my two is €1850 (and that is with a discount for the second one). Breakfast, hot dinner, hot tea and 2 snacks are provided - but they still eat another dinner with us in the evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Breakfast, lunch, dinner, milk at naptime and 1-2 snacks. Pretty standard around here.

Advertisement