Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single speed cranks.

Options
  • 19-08-2017 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

I've unearthed a set of fsa vero track rings. They have a 42t chairing on them. I want to use these on a fixie project but with a smaller chainring. The bed is 130. Will a 105 5700 39t chainring work instead on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭bsb1971

A further question - where other than eBay and ads here would people recommend for sourcing a 100mm quill stem and 42cm bars to match? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

bsb1971 wrote: »
    A further question - where other than eBay and ads here would people recommend for sourcing a 100mm quill stem and 42cm bars to match? Thanks in advance.

Sjs cycles are good for that sort of stuff.

That chainring should be fine if you're using a standard width chain and sprocket. You may prefer to use a 1/8 in ("track") chain and sprocket, I think you'll have more choice of sprocket sizes. And it might wear more slowly but I'm open to correction on that.

Advertisement