Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloudflare

Options
  • 19-08-2017 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭

Why am I constantly getting this since last night? Using touch site on Dolphin.

Edit: I don't have permission to attach to this thread :confused: that's helpful.

Well it's a loading page that says "Checking your browser before accessing boards.ie." and a few other things, then at the bottom it says "DDoS protection by Cloudflare" and an ID number.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I'm sure one of the technical staff could give a better explanation but I would imagine that Cloudflare has determined that there is a DDoS underway and so its slowing browser access to protect the site overall.

I'm getting the same thing "allow up to 5 seconds".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Boards.ie: Ronan

Unfortunately current events have dictated that we put in place some extra security measures for the time being. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

As Ronan said, Cloudflare implemented some extra security checks on the site over the weekend which considerably slowed and interrupted some people in using the site. Protecting the site when there might be an issue is exactly what we need Cloudflare to do, however we apologise for the inconvenience and frustration it caused to some of you over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭jem

Hi this is starting again.
    yesterday and today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

jem wrote: »
    Hi this is starting again.
    yesterday and today.

Yes it's a security measure. Cloudflare is like a receptionist that protects the site from denial of service attacks

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi jem,

Because of some suspicious activity, we have ramped up Cloudflare measures. You can read more about it here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=110961345#post110961345

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭jem

Thanks a million
    j

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Hi I just got a message from Cloudfare, "You are rate limited..." whilst trying to access PM's?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Pretzill,

Cloudflare may cause intermittent issues when trying to access some features, PMs in this case. Could you please try to access them again?

Hi Pretzill,

Cloudflare may cause intermittent issues when trying to access some features, PMs in this case. Could you please try to access them again?

Yes just did and still getting an Error 1015 and a message saying Boards has banned me from using this feature (or words to that effect)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I got a pm from some lady with massive norks requesting me to click a link to view her nude etc...

I'm assuming the two things are related?

And no I didn't click the link, i have my own norks to keep me happy. :o

It's all working again now. I also got norks lady and I reported her PM so it may have something to do with that, as I see her PM is now gone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement