Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgraded Credit Card, old one still active ?

Options
  • 19-08-2017 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I upgrade my card to a Platinum Advantage card from the classic last week, I've since received same but I notice that my old card is still reflected and available to view on both 365online and card care.

They both seem to reflect the same balance and account though.

Do I need to call to cancel the old classic one ? Should this happen automatically ? It now looks like I have two cards against the same account.

Also, for making payments via bank transfer do I need to update the bank details in which I have referenced because I now have a new card ?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

oB1 wrote: »
    Hi,

I upgrade my card to a Platinum Advantage card from the classic last week, I've since received same but I notice that my old card is still reflected and available to view on both 365online and card care.

They both seem to reflect the same balance and account though.

Do I need to call to cancel the old classic one ? Should this happen automatically ? It now looks like I have two cards against the same account.

Also, for making payments via bank transfer do I need to update the bank details in which I have referenced because I now have a new card ?

Thank you in advance.
    Hi oB1,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

Your old card should be cancelled automatically. If you are still viewing your old card online, we would advise you to send a message on 365 Online Service Desk and the Ask a Question option. An advisor will then be able to remove the old card from view to avoid confusion in the future. We would also advise you to update your payee to input the new card number in your reference. 

Please let us know if we can help with anything else. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement