Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Maybe it is time he did the lie detector test because there is no real way based on what he has said if he's telling the truth or not.

Part of me wants to believe him, part of me thinks he has questions to answer.

There appears to be several private companies in Ireland who offer lie detector tests by the way.

Have never heard of Gardai using polygraph tests before. Also don't think the media would get involved to that level by facilitating it.

Think he said he'd do a lie detector test just to try and make people believe him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

gozunda wrote: »
    Even using fifty euro notes - I reckon it would take a very large suitcase to pack €26,000 ...

Nope. 5-6 note bands is all it takes - 100 notes per band. You could fit that in a medium sized handbag if you had to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Mobile phone mast evidence would surely clear up the question of Richards movements on the day of her supposed disappearance.

I take it the gardai have gone through it in detail.

Are they able to prove any inconsistancies in his story? Either to rule him in or out as a suspect.

Even using fifty euro notes - I reckon it would take a very large suitcase to pack €26,000 ...

You'd get 26k into a handbag with room to spare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭limnam

In 200e notes it's 130 bills.

Fit in a small back pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

You'd get 50e notes into a small bumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Lie detector tests are not admissible evidence in the Irish judicial system,

Lie detectors operate on emotional pain receptors and a subject can cleverly beat the 'system'

Also questions must be carefully devised to form a series of lie detector questions. These questions could verge on accusatory statements which the subject can be compensated for.

Who said anything about it being used as evidence in court? I certainly didn't.
    Failing a test would not look good though in general.
    He's the one who said he'd sit one. Yet we are still waiting for him to do it. Its not like he raced to do one.
    You'd wonder if his bluff should be called on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Tonight as before he always comes out as the great fella. She's quick to anger, well fit to give someone a good fight ....he's so calm and passive he embarrassed her. He also makes bizarre sweeping statements ....she wasn't ever in those woods and I know she wouldn't have gone there as a child . She would never gave gone in to those woods. So???? Nobody is saying she was there voluntarily. That's like the family of ppl found dead in the Dublin mountains saying prior to their discovery ....oh well its not Jimmy ....Jimmy never went near the Dublin mountains. It's like he's deflecting and going off on a tangent.

Also he said ....oh from the first day we met she asked me to promise I'd never let her go on antipressants ! Yeah cause that's the kinda convos that 17 year olds prioritise. And anyway ....what's that got to do with the price of fish . Again .....deflection!!! It's like the comments he claims she made at the car boot sale ....I can't remember what it was exactly but in the vein of shed never hurt him or something .... anyway whatever it was it was just such an unlikely thing to say at a car boot sale on a random Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Maybe it is time he did the lie detector test because there is no real way based on what he has said if he's telling the truth or not.

Part of me wants to believe him, part of me thinks he has questions to answer.

There appears to be several private companies in Ireland who offer lie detector tests by the way.

And if he did the lie detector there would be those on here who "heard of a guy who knew of a guy who knew how to beat it".

Think I'll wait till we get a comment from an ACTUAL expert.

Edit:
    Didn't have to wait too long, 2 posts down the lie detector expert has spoken

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

I have retracted an earlier statement that was incorrectly worded.

To those that may have been affected by this error I apologise for any inconvenience caused. It was not my intention to cause harm or to slander or accuse any individual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I'd fit 22k in my wallet.

You'd easily fit 26k in a shopping bag.

You could fit 26k in 50s, 100s 200s in a suitcase

Hell you could nearly fit 26k in 200e notes in your pockets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

You could roll that amount of notes and put it behind your ear like a pencil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I have to say, they look so happy and comfortable on these unplanned and unbeknowned by them photos of them in the park.

The ones towards the end of the interview. I remember seeing another feature where it was mentioned a random photographer who had taken a random photo there just happened to notice he had them in some of the pics (after the case was publicized).

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Also ...If as he seems to believe ....she's out there and will appear back when she's ready ...well he's not really going over board on enticing her back is he. I mean feasibly as far as he's concerned ...she's watching these interviews . A shave and a nice crisp shirt wouldn't go amiss like. He looks like a slob like. I mean in the days after the event fair enough but it's been a year. You're going on national tv fella.... show her what she's missing . There were lads looting lidl that looked less scruffy.

Not very nice commenting on his appearance - If innocent, he has been going through hell. Wife disappears, finds himself as one of the main suspects etc. A lot of people would not be able to cope with that.

On the topic of enticing her back - I thought the mention of all the presents he has bought her since was to serve two purposes.
    1) Entice her back with promises of load of gifts
    2) Back up the narrative that he is expecting her back any day now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Also ...If as he seems to believe ....she's out there and will appear back when she's ready ...well he's not really going over board on enticing her back is he. I mean feasibly as far as he's concerned ...she's watching these interviews . A shave and a nice crisp shirt wouldn't go amiss like. He looks like a slob like. I mean in the days after the event fair enough but it's been a year. You're going on national tv fella.... show her what she's missing . There were lads looting lidl that looked less scruffy.

Must say that this comment is a bit ironic, seeing as you got so upset earlier when somebody made a comment and you thought that it might upset Tina's family

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Can you all stop name calling and directly accusing individuals.

This thread is meant to theorize the disappearance of Tina Satchwell without naming any individuals that may have been responsible.
    All of your IP addresses can be traced and ye can all be put before a Judge to face prosecution.

Let's get it back on point
    FYI u cant actually be traced by your ip tp your address its only gives a rough area of where you are ie your from county wexford or say dublin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

FYI u cant actually be traced by your ip tp your address its only gives a rough area of where you are ie your from county wexford or say dublin

Wrong

Once an IP address is sourced from a suspect that IP address can be given to the Gardai with the crime in question whereby the Gardai can then serve a warrant on the ISP to surrender the billing name and address related to that IP address.

FYI!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Sure didn’t he say in an interview on Monday on he won’t be giving any more interviews out. Sure enough he’s on RTÉ prime time again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭shafty100

does he get paid for these interviews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭bilbot79

I find 2 things weird

1. That he doesn't think she's dead

2. That he does TV interviews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

You can only get away with something if you have actually done something.

Are you suggesting he killed her and is guilty?

Relax there Rumpole.

My post is in response to the noticeable consensus amongst a sizable number of posters that the husband is guilty of murder despite there being no evidence and most importantly no body thus far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

Hell you could nearly fit 26k in 200e notes in your pockets

As far as I know, €200 notes aren't permitted in Ireland and the highest denomination acceptable is €50.

Creol1 wrote: »
    As far as I know, €200 notes aren't permitted in Ireland and the highest denomination acceptable is €50.

Ah right,

Back to the drawing board so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Incorrect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

shafty100 wrote: »
    does he get paid for these interviews

Of course he doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I’ve had €200 notes and €500 notes in the past
    €500 notes raised some eyebrows in the bank alright, and they are being phased out this year

Before this interview I thought he was up to something but after the interview I have changed my mind totally, he’s either innocent or very very good

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Why is he living in fermoy now and I thought he said originally he went for chips in dungarvan for her the night she left has that changed?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement