Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Creol1 wrote: »
    As far as I know, €200 notes aren't permitted in Ireland and the highest denomination acceptable is €50.

Totally untrue. The Euro is our currency and all notes that are issued are legal tender.

Where do people get these ideas from?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Why is he living in fermoy now and I thought he said originally he went for chips in dungarvan for her the night she left has that changed?

When this all started I got the impression they lived in the UK a lot but after a while it appeared that they were in Fermoy for over twenty years and had only recently moved to Youghal. At some time in this period he spent time in prison in the UK. I also believe he said he need time to himself at one stage.(This might have being his prison period tough)
    He went to Aldi in Dungarvan the day she went missing. He also said he got pizza's in youghal and put one in the fridge.(The night before she went missing).
    Not sure where he's living now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

Also ...If as he seems to believe ....she's out there and will appear back when she's ready ...well he's not really going over board on enticing her back is he. I mean feasibly as far as he's concerned ...she's watching these interviews .

I think this is a very good point.
    He seemed convinced she's alive, so he must also think she most probably get to see his interviews and what he's saying at some point. But what does he has to say about her ? Mostly bad things.

Doesn't fit, and he shouldn't wonder why people see him as highly suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I’ve had €200 notes and €500 notes in the past
    €500 notes raised some eyebrows in the bank alright, and they are being phased out this year

Before this interview I thought he was up to something but after the interview I have changed my mind totally, he’s either innocent or very very good

I see a lot of Chinese tourists with 500€ notes. Their banks seem to give them out. They are shocked when I won't accept them, they are very hard to verify unless your in a bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

gozunda wrote: »
    Even using fifty euro notes - I reckon it would take a very large suitcase to pack €26,000 ...

No it wouldn't, it would only be 520 × €50 notes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

I've a feeling that she will arrive, sheepishly, tail between the legs, back on the scene from the UK before Christmas of this year. Call it a hunch.

About as much chance of Elvis arriving back on the scene before Christmas.

It aint going to happen. We know it and most of all he knows it.

I'm not saying he had anything to do with her disappearance but him holding out hope she will show up is either buffoonery or a deliberate attempt to delay a thorough investigation into her disappearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

No it wouldn't, it would only be 520 × €50 notes.

52 x €500 notes would fit in a purse

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

bilbot79 wrote: »
    I find 2 things weird

1. That he doesn't think she's dead

2. That he does TV interviews

I agree.Haven't a clue what happened to her but something seems very off with his general behaviour.And saying she wouldn't go near strange woods etc without him....although I am not following every step of the thing his statements, regular tv interviews and apparent disbelief that anything bad may have happened is....off.To say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

About as much chance of Elvis arriving back on the scene before Christmas.

It aint going to happen. We know it and most of all he knows it.

I'm not saying he had anything to do with her disappearance but him holding out hope she will show up is either buffoonery or a deliberate attempt to delay a thorough investigation into her disappearance.

As I said it's only a hunch. But we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

52 x €500 notes would fit in a purse

yeah but 520 notes of €50 would not. Well it depends on the size of the purse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

just saw the interview and find it very odd, from the point thy discuss 'the wood thing'. They speak as if Tina went to this wood for a walk and fell to the ground because of a heartattack or something.

Jesus, they search the wood to find a dead body, which was, most presumably, dead on arrival or Tina brought their alive unvoluntarily and then..whatever happened.
    But they talk as if she went there on her own or even in company because she liked to walk in this wood.
    weirdness all around, also from this interviewer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

Am I mistaken or did Barry Cummins narrate that during the recording of the piece that people came up to Satchwell wishing him well and sympathising with over his predicament?

Satchwell himself later alluded to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

dense wrote: »
    Am I mistaken or did Barry Cummins narrate that during the recording of the piece that people came up to Satchwell wishing him well and sympathising with over his predicament?

Satchwell himself later alluded to it?

It has put Fermoy and youghal on the National news so maybe thats why they are wishing him well

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

shesty wrote: »
    I agree.Haven't a clue what happened to her but something seems very off with his general behaviour.And saying she wouldn't go near strange woods etc without him....although I am not following every step of the thing his statements, regular tv interviews and apparent disbelief that anything bad may have happened is....off.To say the least.

[1]If he was innocent he would only deal with the media to appeal for information leading as regards his missing wife

2. Police would have briefed him regarding the likelihood that his wife may be dead,

3 .He wouldn't care what others said about him. .Tina's family would probably have stood alongside him in media interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Before this interview I thought he was up to something but after the interview I have changed my mind totally, he’s either innocent or very very good

I had the same feeling after watching it myself.
    He just does not come across as a criminal mastermind.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Mrself

Where can I watch the latest interview?

The case is very interesting to be honest. People are really baffled by it.
    There are so many questions.
    She was last seen in Public at the car boot sale on Sunday.
    Was Tina friends with people at these carboot sales?
    Did she get back to the house or did something happen that evening?
    Then the next day Richard went to Aldi in Dungarvan.
    What was the CCTV like there?
    Was he trying to be seen or was he being followed?
    When Richard arrived home what was his movements in the next few days?
    Why didn't he contact her family if they were never apart if he was so concerned about her mental health. She wasn't one for going messing.
    The €26k her family questioned them having this amount of cash.
    Was the money known about? Did either of them talk?
    It is believed that she didn't get a bus or taxi in the area or no reports of her walking away from the house. So had she organised for somebody to collect her from the house? Had she a second phone? Was she pushy to get Richard out of the house that morning?
    The suitcases. We've never seen pictures of them have we?
    How come Richard was the one who found them. Were they spotted by anybody else?
    How long did they spend in England and Fermoy? Was there any reason why they up and left Fermoy?
    When Richard went to prison what exactly did he do? Welfare fraud I think. When did this happen?
    Did he make any enemies in prison?
    Did he work? I believe after she went missing he got a job as a lorry driver. Had he work prior to this? Could Tina have being seen somebody else if he was away driving a lorry?
    If Tina was ever alone did her mobile phone move or ping off other towers.(I'm unsure about the technical element of this)
    Did the Gardai find anything during the search of the house that their not disclosing?
    If she ran away with somebody why didn't she take her dogs if she loved them so much? She was bringing 26k so why wasn't she allowed to bring the things she loved? Was she going to place where she couldn't take the dogs if she was running away?
    Why does Richard paint a bad picture of her at times in the media? If he's so desperate for her to come home. He often talks about how good of a husband he was but not about how good of a wife she was.
    Will he do the lie detector if one was arranged? He said he wold but that's all forgotten.
    How was the family relationships on either side? He hadn't spoken to his family in years and her were relations with hers?
    There is a facebook page but it seems to be run mainly by her cousin.
    Does Richard want to talk to media? He says at times he doesn't want to but still goes back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

It must have been a serious amount that he fraudulently claimed from Social welfare to get a prison sentence.

I think he’s getting an easy ride in these interviews, he needs to be grilled a lot more.

Like the whole woods thing when he kept saying she would never go into those woods why didn’t the interviewer turn around and say yes but is it not a possibility that she was brought there against her own free will to those woods?

Why did you do the four days before you reported her missing? Did you go looking for her?

It’s like in that interview he was basically saying why are they bothering searching the woods cause she wouldn’t have gone in there......?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Why do people do this?

http://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/newsireland/drones-banned-from-flying-over-woods-being-searched-for-missing-tina-satchwell/ar-BBJYv9K?ocid=ientp
    Drones have been banned from flying over the 40 acre woodland in east Cork being searched for Tina Satchwell's whereabouts.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Kamili wrote: »
    Why do people do this?

To get a scoop. It's called red top journalism.

Most murders get caught because there too smart for there own good.just because you look and act the fool doesn't mean you are one.not saying he did anything to her but just saying just because he looks acts like he a bit simple doesn't mean he is

He spent a year in prison in the UK for social welfare fraud. Now I have known people to do innocent little things and they just paid it back but some people are good at it and deceiving people/the relevant bodies and people would have the opinion they weren't the brightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Without a doubt we know the Gardai have their culprit in mind. Police forces wouldn't always keep the family up to date for obvious reasons like they are suspects. That said you can be a suspect until they rule you out. Look at the way the cops treated Jill Meagher's husband Tom for a large part of that case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

This man is guilty as hell. And I fully believe he is a lot smarter than he is showing in interviews. I can't wait for the day he is charged (hopefully ASAP)

Without much evidence indicating that a crime has been committed it might take a while.

Thats another thing who just happens to have 26k laying around there house.especially if your not a very well off person.its also a very specific amount was it said anywhere why the money was in the house ie buying a new car or something.and ya if someone went missing with 26k of my money I wouldnt take 4 days to report them missing

The sold the house in Fermoy for cash and bought this one. The money was being used to repair this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

He spent a year in prison in the UK for social welfare fraud. Now I have known people to do innocent little things and they just paid it back but some people are good at it and deceiving people/the relevant bodies and people would have the opinion they weren't the brightest.

The uk are very strict with social welfare fraud

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 fuzzyduck4

I would not be suprised if the current search does not reveal any new evidence in this case. Relying on a statement from a witness a full year after a person has gone missing does not fill me with confidence. If you ask me this is unfortunately, last chance saloon for the GS to make headway on this case..

The uk are very strict with social welfare fraud

Stricter than Ireland but to jailed for a year he must have done something slightly serious.

• Advertisement

The 26k was the proceeds of car boot selling from what I heard.

According to this it was from the sale of the house!
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/i-just-want-to-know-my-wife-is-safe-says-husband-of-missing-tina-satchwell-453729.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement