Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Lol wtf where they selling gold bars

He said at one point he spent €40k on jewelry!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

He said at one point he spent €40k on jewelry!

I must start truck driving then so if it pays that much so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Kalimah wrote: »
    As someone mentioned earlier in the thread sales of houses, even without a mortgage, do not involve bundles of cash. I suppose if the Satchwells had wanted cash for whatever reason, they could have gotten cash out of their bank. Highly unusual to be honest.I wonder has that been checked by the guards yet?

House sales can involve cash, I know people who have done this in the past.

A lot of people also don't trust banks, which would be reason for keeping cash at home. Plenty of reports of people having large sums of cash stolen from their homes.

Also, I don't think anyone could say Richard wasn't a bit unusual!

As for the Gardaí checking banking records. Of course they have done that. It's stupid to think they wouldn't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

fepper wrote: »
    House sold for 200000 but a cheque written for 180000\,20000 cash, so they'll say House. Sold for 180000 to bank/solicitor etc private sale

I'm sure it happens sometimes, but would need a dodgy solicitor/estate agent. They can be charged under the ML legislation too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,305 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It just gets more and more strange everytime something new pops up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭valoren

There is literally a Credit Union right across the street where the house is. If you had 26k in cash and wanted it safe then you'd set up an account there for peace of mind? Alternatively, if you were a controlling person financially you'd have it there as well as only you'd be able to withdraw it or authorise access to the money.

They also had a tanning/sun bed so they had a fairly good lifestyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭JMNolan

According to Richard she used to spend all her time in the sun bed and also suffered from photosensitivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Gravelly wrote: »
    I'd surmise that the "suitcase full of cash" was meant as a figure of speech rather than literally.

It’s been said a few times on this thread so far
    I don’t think people realise how small €26k would be in €200 notes or even €500 notes

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Kalimah

Effects wrote: »
    The solicitor isn't involved. Cash transaction is between buyer and seller.
    That said, there's plenty of crooked solicitors out there. I've had to deal with a few unfortunately.

To transfer title you'd still need a solicitor as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

OmegaGene wrote: »
    €26k isn’t filling a suitcase lol I had €10k for a depostit on a car recently and it was in my pocket

Filled her purse, suitcase, handbag, etc etc etc :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

OmegaGene wrote: »
    It’s been said a few times on this thread so far
    I don’t think people realise how small €26k would be in €200 notes or even €500 notes
    even in 50's it would be the size of a small paperback book,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

Was this on Crimecall Monday, is Crimecall not on rte player? I find her obsession with sunbeds, clothes and make up strange. It seemed to be all she had in her life

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Probably picked up at a carboot sale for very little

Was this on Crimecall Monday, is Crimecall not on rte player? I find her obsession with sunbeds, clothes and make up strange. It seemed to be all she had in her life

It was on Claire Byrne on Monday night and Prime Time last night.

https://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/claire-byrne-live-extras-30003215/10847627/

https://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/prime-time-extras-30003379/10848018/

There was a Crimecall appeal last June I think. They show clips of it the odd time.
    Crimecall is never put on the RTE player.

Has he ever mentioned the debt she worked up with the clothing caalogue any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭Comhrá

OK......bring on Ray then.

I find this wording in The Irish Times interesting

“Person of interest
    New information about the movements of a person of interest in the investigation led to the current search. Sightings were reported to the Garda of the person at Mitchel’s Wood in Bridgetstown around the time of her disappearance.”

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda%C3%AD-secure-no-fly-zone-over-tina-satchwell-search-site-1.3417496

Was there an existing person of interest of whom a witness then came forward to provide information about or did this person become a person of interest after the witness statement ?

Just closing for a few minutes!

• Advertisement

Guys I gave the posts a quick edit. I was fair enough. Just try and stop the speculation and quoting the speculation.

She's mentioned on the front of the local paper that would cover Fermoy Tomorrow.
    28577639_10156226558248185_2841958455606576382_n.png?_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeFTWu6PSwB9-vzzpvMvcwHCtSvtAoHecM8fuleIPkPM5WdfRxC67s1z-fVhhhZDh-yRrZipXwVk8Cksi4mzYQyHY72sHrmV4fQRMGef58B2OQ&oh=5f8242c6edfe576bcc54d4dc81743f85&oe=5B483827

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Can some explain the parrot thing,via PM to keep the mods happy

They had two dogs and a parrot.

Does anybody know is he working at the moment?
    I know he took up employment when she went missing.

EIREDriver wrote: »
    Has anyone ever came forward and confirmed that Tina said to them at the car boot sale that Richard would never do anything to hurt her? Sounds so suspicious that he brought this up in interviews. A totally random thing to tell someone.

We haven't heard from them yet or the people from Fermoy/Youghal yet really apart from one of her former teachers who said she was lovely.

Day Lewin wrote: »
    I did that just now; and in the header picture for that page, Tina is apparently standing in front of a woodland.
    She can't have been too afraid of woodland, so.

He did say they used go to wood in Corrin together!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭CZ 453

What do they think? I've had a look and I can't see anything from the family, but just a bunch of random people saying what they think?

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/missing-woman-tina-satchwell-cork-11477346

I have seen in the newspaper That Tina's husband believes she in the UK with family we have 2 family members in england and she has had no contact with either of them , we as a family of course have checked with all our family friends etc and the Garda have spoken to these family members also so I just wanted to clear this information up thanks ..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I remember reading a newspaper article at some point, can't remember which one it was at this stage but it mentioned that Richard went out alone on the Sunday night to get a pizza, not odd in itself considering it also mentioned she didn't eat meat, so, they both left the car boot sale and stopped off at the woods en-route home, he arrived home on his own?

It would explain why he went out alone on Sunday night and also explain why nobody saw her leave on Monday?

Is this where this story is going?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 fuzzyduck4

Surely this article is infactual, it states the search was conducted following a phone tip off was received last Monday. Previously we were told the search had been planned since before storm Emma..https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/cctv-setback-for-garda-in-search-for-missing-tina-36682447.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

'Gardai launched one of the biggest single-site searches ever seen in Cork following a phone tip-off on Monday'

Above is from the report, it's not very well put but what he's saying is that the search started on Monday as I understand it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement