Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just watching it now at least he's said now he spent a year working in the UK. So, we know it's separate now to the prison time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Just watching it now at least he's said now he spent a year working in the UK. So, we know it's separate now to the prison time.

He could have been working in prison?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 25 FatBallerina

Can someone explain to me about him swapping numbers in her phone, I don't understand that bit, what phone did he give the Guards?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Can someone explain to me about him swapping numbers in her phone, I don't understand that bit, what phone did he give the Guards?

She had her mobile account with a phone provider that has now gone out of business. So he transferred her number over to a new provider to keep the phone active. Would that mean a new sim and this is what he is bringing to the guards?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

If it's what I think it is, the phone company iD don't exist anymore, all customers have to move their number to a different network.

• Advertisement

He could have been working in prison?

I don't think he'd have being able to send her money over tough!

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Exactly my thoughts too.

Phone could have been password protected which I guess is reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Why did he not use Tina's mobile to call her best friend, surely that number was in the phone.
    Exactly my thoughts too.

If only there was some way of locking a mobile phone so someone else can't access it easily. Like some kind of numbered passcode. It's something mobile phone manufacturers should really try and implement.

Quick question any word of the phone being switched on?
    According to him Tina and her friend were close. Mighn't the friend have rang the mobile over the four day period and he could have amswered it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

She had her mobile account with a phone provider that has now gone out of business. So he transferred her number over to a new provider to keep the phone active. Would that mean a new sim and this is what he is bringing to the guards?

Which phone provider would this be then? What planet is this guy on? No phone provider has gone out of business lately in Ireland that I know of. Surely the gardai aren't that thick as to believe this sh*te?

Which phone provider would this be then? What planet is this guy on? No phone provider has gone out of business lately in Ireland that I know of. Surely the gardai aren't that thick as to believe this sh*te?

ID mobile?

iD Ireland.

http://www.newstalk.com/Mobile-network-iD-Ireland-goes-into-provisional-liquidation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 fuzzyduck4

[font=arial, sans-serif]rish[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] virtual [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]mobile network[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] iD [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]Mobile[/font][font=arial, sans-serif], whose parent [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]company[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] is Carphone Warehouse, has been placed into provisional [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]liquidation[/font][font=arial, sans-serif].[/font]

ID mobile?

Still in business as of now. Customers to change next month.

https://www.thesun.ie/tech/2273342/40000-irish-id-mobile-customers-must-switch-networks-by-next-month-as-company-goes-into-provisional-liquidation/

Again which company is he referring to as it aint ID Mobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Her phone baffles me,surprised it not already in Garda custody and Richard saying he changed sim in case she might ring,WHY WOULD SHE RING HER OWN PHONE

Smythz wrote: »
    not beyond possibility re life insurance stunt.
    While I think he's capable I don't think Tina would of been able to commit that kind of crime

How do you know? Surely we know him much better than her.

https://www.thesun.ie/tech/2273342/40000-irish-id-mobile-customers-must-switch-networks-by-next-month-as-company-goes-into-provisional-liquidation/

It is! He only mentioned this today in the tv3 interview. ID mobile advised their customers on 6 march that they have 30 days to switch over to a new provider.
    https://www.independent.ie/business/technology/40000-id-mobile-customers-told-their-service-ends-in-30-days-as-company-winds-down-36676193.html

So he has done that, or is doing it today, and bringing the new phone to the guards tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭CZ 453

He may have meant that the account was in the red. And had to be closed and paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

Why isn't it? He said he's changed the number and phone, and is handing over the new phone to AGS tomorrow.

He could have changed over yesterday. It was announced on Tuesday that a liquidator was appointed

• Advertisement

If the Guards had her original phone (don't know if they did) how was he able to transfer her numbers to new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

If the Guards had her original phone (don't know if they did) how was he able to transfer her numbers to new one?

Maybe he meant he was transferring her own number to the new sim card he bought on the new network. Think he said something about porting (changing from new number to your original number) which takes a few hours. Probably would only need the new sim to do so if he brought it into a shop. I know I needed both old and new sim when I was doing it previously online.

RockDesk wrote: »
    Why isn't it? He said he's changed the number and phone, and is handing over the new phone to AGS tomorrow.

He could have changed over yesterday. It was announced on Tuesday that a liquidator was appointed

Why would he hand them the new phone? Why not her original phone, original sim and anything else.

Sorry, but its hard to follow the countless twists and turns in his story.

And why the f*ck are the gardai only looking for her phone now and not at the very start?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Anastasia_

Just to clarify a minor point - he was a VAN driver, not a lorry driver.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Well my main point was why is he only handing over the phone now, almost one year on. His excuse is she might ring it. Why would she ring her own phone.

His bullsh*t just keeps growing and growing. Is it any wonder you'd question most of what he says.

I think he said because she knows the number and may not know other numbers.

Regarding CCTV has anybody here ever need to get CCTV off a business.
    The two instances I know of one being a large supermarket and the other a restaurant said there CCTV was broke on the day in question and often it's not kept on file unless there is an incident. So hoping they'd have it four days later I'd be doubtful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Well my main point was why is he only handing over the phone now, almost one year on. His excuse is she might ring it. Why would she ring her own phone.

His bullsh*t just keeps growing and growing. Is it any wonder you'd question most of what he says.

I'd imagine, using logic, that the police have her actual phone and he just has another phone with her number ported across to another SIM. On the off chance she decides to call him.

I'd imagine, using logic, that the police have her actual phone and he just has another phone with her number ported across to another SIM. On the off chance she decides to call him.

Well lets hope you are right.

But waiting for her to call her own phone is more of his bullsh*t and diversionary tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sminkypinky

The two instances I know of one being a large supermarket and the other a restaurant said there CCTV was broke on the day in question and often it's not kept on file unless there is an incident. So hoping they'd have it four days later I'd be doubtful.

I believe most businesses wipe the tapes every week. Unless, as you say, there was an incident.

But in this case nobody reported an incident for four days, and then how long before AGS make a move - correct me if I'm wrong but I think they wait 48 hours (from the time of the report) before treating it as a missing person case?
    If so, this gives 4 days + 2 days. Almost one week.....

We could be dealing with an evil genius here.

• Advertisement

I got some from a restaurant the following day of an incident.
    My own CCTV records for about a week before going over the older stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement