Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I believe most businesses wipe the tapes every week.

Businesses don't use tapes. The year is 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sminkypinky

Effects wrote: »
    I believe most businesses wipe the tapes every week.

Businesses don't use tapes. The year is 2018.
    I know. It's some new electrickery storage-type thing. But I couldn't be bothered to look it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Effects wrote: »
    I got some from a restaurant the following day of an incident.
    My own CCTV records for about a week before going over the older stuff.

Yes, I get this but I do understand why CCTV might have being hard to come by in this case.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

He's full of sh*t. No-one is buying his act or his portrayal of her as being utterly hopeless.

As someone said earlier, he's retrofitting everything.

Maybe ignore what he is saying about her for the moment, and focus on him. What strikes me is that he is very confused and not a very clear speaker. In that TV3 interview, he was being lead by some of the questions and when left on his own, started on tangents. So that retrofitting is response to leading questions from what I can see.....but I haven't seen all interviews.
    fepper wrote: »
    She mustn't be too interested to ring anyone to not take her phone in the first place

Could be any number of reasons for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Most CCTV systems today have hard drives and once the hard drive reaches capacity the system automatically starts to write over the existing footage from the start.

One thing I will say, sifting through CCTV systems for a particular piece of footage or time-frame is a painfully laborious task even with the latest technology.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

Yes, I get this but I do understand why CCTV might have being hard to come by in this case.

Footage I've received in the past hasn't been usable. Sometimes people don't monitor their cameras and they end up filthy and unable to produce a quality image.

One thing I will say, sifting through CCTV systems for a particular piece of footage or time-frame is a painfully laborious task even with the latest technology.

It's not that laborious to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

fepper wrote: »
    She mustn't be too interested to ring anyone to not take her phone in the first place

(a) The phone and provider contract was in his name.

(b) He may have wanted to make it look like she left without phone in order not to be traceable?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

inthehat wrote: »
    I believe most businesses wipe the tapes every week. Unless, as you say, there was an incident.

But in this case nobody reported an incident for four days, and then how long before AGS make a move - correct me if I'm wrong but I think they wait 48 hours (from the time of the report) before treating it as a missing person case?
    If so, this gives 4 days + 2 days. Almost one week.....

We could be dealing with an evil genius here.

I understood there was a certain amount of CCTV footage of Youghal available at the time of the disappearance but there was nothing of interest on it. The CCTV of Castlemartyr has only being requested since the new information (re the woods) came to light after Crimecall last month, so obviously it would have been wiped at this stage.
    Yes, I was referring to the CCTV in Youghal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Other than his word, has he any evidence to back it up? Maybe a local GP? An independent third party?
    Of course he probably retrofitted the story about her not wanting anti-depressants so gardai don't go looking for prescriptions that don't exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

Regarding CCTV has anybody here ever need to get CCTV off a business.
    The two instances I know of one being a large supermarket and the other a restaurant said there CCTV was broke on the day in question and often it's not kept on file unless there is an incident. So hoping they'd have it four days later I'd be doubtful.
    i know of someone who the business said "we don't do that" [i.e give cctv]when asked verbally and ignored a written request. But they got a kick in the arse from data protection and it knocked a nice few quid out of them in a settlement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

morning ireland on tv 3 i mean, cannot edit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭lalababa

Just saw him on tv3 news interview at search site. He seemed to go off on a tangent explaining that he had never been there before , even though also saying it's not too far from home and he has passed it often in his various travels. Says he hasn't slept for days. So his mind might be all over the place.

But they got a kick in the arse from data protection and it knocked a nice few quid out of them in a settlement

I doubt that's true.

they will tie him to the scene if he was there. Not a hope he wouldnot leave some forensic. Some guy in US or maybe UK hoovered the boot of his car to try to remove traces but forgot to empty the hoover.....

It's a forest, a year later. Forensics would be tricky, wouldn't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Just say the interview on the news, he says he drove there from youghal today. Thought he has been living in fermoy for the last while. Guy is clearly confused

doubt as you please i saw the check.

Ok, I believe you now.

Vizzy wrote: »
    This thread is as good a place for a conspiracy theory as anywhere else I suppose

Nope, this is the better place.

The reason this search is happening is because

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/tina-satchwell-search-cork-gardai-12133683

“As revealed exclusively in the Irish Mirror, officers launched their operation after a witness came forward with new information.

They claimed to have spotted a man acting suspiciously in the area who was known to Tina at the time of her disappearance last year.”

This is the Irish Times version

Person of interest
    New information about the movements of a person of interest in the investigation led to the current search. Sightings were reported to the Garda of the person at Mitchel’s Wood in Bridgetstown around the time of her disappearance.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda%C3%AD-secure-no-fly-zone-over-tina-satchwell-search-site-1.3417496

Maybe this explains somewhat the adversial approach to the recent media interviews.

I just hope she’s found safe and well. Must be devastating for the family right now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Just say the interview on the news, he says he drove there from youghal today. Thought he has been living in fermoy for the last while. Guy is clearly confused

Confused in a heartbroken way or confused in a murdering way?

Just saw the TV3 news update, Richard gets out of a back Mondeo and those cars have massive boots. Have the Gardai searched the boot of his car?

https://www.tv3.ie/3player/show/450

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Steviesol

After watching TV3, he certainly knows more than he is letting on in my opinion.

Also in the TV3 news at 5.30 he says he 'is praying that nothing is found' and at the end of the interview he says 'just the thought that there's a possibility no matter how small my wife is behind those barriers'

Wouldn't he just want answers now no matter how bad the news is?

The reason this search is happening is because

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/tina-satchwell-search-cork-gardai-12133683

“As revealed exclusively in the Irish Mirror, officers launched their operation after a witness came forward with new information.

They claimed to have spotted a man acting suspiciously in the area who was known to Tina at the time of her disappearance last year.”

This is the Irish Times version

Person of interest
    New information about the movements of a person of interest in the investigation led to the current search. Sightings were reported to the Garda of the person at Mitchel’s Wood in Bridgetstown around the time of her disappearance.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda%C3%AD-secure-no-fly-zone-over-tina-satchwell-search-site-1.3417496

Maybe this explains somewhat the adversial approach to the recent media interviews.

I just hope she’s found safe and well. Must be devastating for the family right now.

One wonders who is the 'person of interest' and ' a man.........known to Tina at the time of her disappearance'.

By all accounts she had a limited social life, so that must narrow it down...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

doubt as you please i saw the check so do not call me a liar. It happened and is a fact unlike the speculation here

No business can give out CCTV to the public on request! Only the Gardai and Revenue can request it without a court order! Funnily enough because of data protection!

I just read the article in the local paper nothing new there. Nothing really said about her family in Fermoy.

Regarding the TV3 interview this morning, anybody think it weird that Richard said that weeks prior to her going missing Tina wrote down on a notepad her mobile number, National insurance number and PPS number, it was repeated over and over again so she could memorize it. ?????

He was only gone 2 hours aswell the day he went missing and like I said before, 2 hours to get out of bed, put on make up (she loved herself) and to pack 26k and disappear without trace with 2 pink suitcases in a small country town in March?

Richard also squirmed when asked how the relationship was with Tinas family.....oh Ah it was graaaand

https://www.tv3.ie/3player/show/633/140225/0/3News-at-12.30

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

harr wrote: »
    An absolute oddball ...what’s he like

Odd as two left feet, no doubt about that.

You'd have to wonder about the extreme isolation. Everything we've been told about Tina emanates from him. Friends? He mentions one, no name, never spoken out about the case. Family are tight-lipped.
    Isolating a partner from social contact is a classic abusers move, very worrying.

foxyladyxx wrote: »
    So how could he say they were always together?

They were ways together apart from the years they were apart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,150 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

joey1111 wrote: »
    Just reading here that a large portion of the cctv coverage is deleted due to the lapsed time. Surely this should've been the first thing to gather?

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/newsireland/cctv-setback-for-gardan-search-for-missing-tina/ar-BBJZWy8?ocid=spartanntp

Shirley they should have asked the whole country to look at their cctv footage to see if anyone had her on camera when she went missing, or at some point after it became such a high profile case.
    I'm sure the response from the public would have been huge as everyone is taking an interest.
    Someone one somewhere had him and her on tape, that is obvious.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement