Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

myshirt wrote: »
    I just hope this lady gets justice, whatever has happened her and wherever she is. There is something quite sinister going on here, something that we may have never seen before in this country. Let's let the process take its course and trust our Gardai.

Yes let's trust our Gardai

DVIwPz-WkAAeadM.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

"No business can give out CCTV to the public on request " You can get it if you are in the video. Anyone else in it has to be blurred due to their rights. So you only see the you part .The gardai can see it all though on the data protection site it says the gardai have to make a written request to the business as far as i know

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Looking at Google maps the Satchwell house is beside Coakleys Bar/pub that has CCTV that looks down the street to Satchwells house. Across the road there's the Credit Union. No doubt the Gardai have checked these and found nothing. Not to mention someone in Coakleys pub should have seen something.

In the opposite direction there's high storey apartments overlooking the street that the Satchwell house is on.

Not to mention the neighbors would hear the odd noise of two rolling pink suitcases being carried by Tina in March.

Suspicious or what?

https://www.google.ie/maps/uv?hl=ga&pb=!1s0x48436d128ab4063d%3A0x4362dbc0ac8f7835!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4s%2Fmaps%2Fplace%2Fyoughal%2Bcredit%2Bunion%2F%4051.9537674%2C-7.8466824%2C3a%2C75y%2C18.45h%2C90t%2Fdata%3D*213m4*211e1*213m2*211sjSW2Fv1mHEp6-JpCOrkr_g*212e0*214m2*213m1*211s0x48436d128ab4063d%3A0x4362dbc0ac8f7835!5syoughal%20credit%20union%20-%20Cuardach%20Google&imagekey=!1e2!2sjSW2Fv1mHEp6-JpCOrkr_g&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwivn8OUxt3ZAhUN36QKHVwmAnkQpx8IbDAN

But he said there is no cctv where they live, obviously another lie then

• Registered Users Posts: 12,376 ✭✭✭✭blade1

But he said there is no cctv where they live, obviously another lie then

Coakleys bar is shut down with a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

Coakleys bar is marked as permanently closed and looks like it has been since around 2014. So there'd be no CCTV catching that direction if she walked out of her house and towards the bar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

See how he said twice in the Ireland AM interview that the reason he isn’t thinking she’s dead is because he couldn’t take it mentally.

The second time he said it, it came almost from nowhere. Sorry if this sounds speculative but it seemed like he had answers rehearsed to prospective ‘tough’ questions. It’s like he just had to reel off everything he rehearsed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,150 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Buy surely police could have asked public to look at there own CCTV , to review it and to check if Tina was on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

I worked in retail before and the guards would often ask us to have a run through a time frame of CCTV now granted it would be a car not a person they were looking for so easily spotted...if they they wanted to view a longer period they would provide us with a usb stick and they would view the footage themselves.
    On a few occasions I have had to sign a statement saying I gave the guards permission to use the cctv and to view footage because that footage was going to be used in court to prove someone was in a certain location at a certain time.
    One occasion I was summonsed to court to say I gave a copy of footage to a detective...pissed off over that as the court case was far side of country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Yes they can..and guards don’t issue licenses for cctv once they are installed by a registered security company and are used for a set of regulated guidelines any business can install cctv.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Thems the rules? What rules, ones you just made up?
    The Gardaí don't issue licenses for CCTV. Where'd you get that one from?
    They cannot request for everyone's CCTV be used for surveillance to find someone, just the way the law is written.
    Can you provide more details of this law and how it's written?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

fryup wrote: »
    well to be fair to the guy, if he didn't turn up people would be saying he's cold & uncaring, he can't win

yes he does come across as a bit strange but you got to remember he's under severe distress with his wife missing and half the country thinking he's a guilty man

personally speaking i don't think he did it...he would have cracked long ago with all the media attention and the like

I think TV3 convinced him to go to the search site.

Richard had a busy day today, was on TV3 Ireland am in Dublin at 8.15am this morning then probably rushed from there back to Castlemartyr for around 3 or 4pm.

TV3 are really trying to expose him and tire him out.

Was the Castlemartyr interview really necessary on the same day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭muckbrien

I think with all the modern tools available to gardai such as cctv and mobile phone location data, had they carried out a thorough investigation initially, they would have found Tina (most likely her body) at this stage.

30 years ago, before widespread cctv and mobile phones, it was entirely possible to "disappear" off the face of the earth. Not so easy these days.

The fact that cadaver dogs are only now being brought in to investigate her disappearance is also questionable. I saw no reports of them being used in the investigation until this week. Were they used in the original search of his house for example?

I made the point earlier in the thread

They're not readily available so cannot be used on a routine basis

Probably impacts these investigations

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

kbannon wrote: »
    Maybe she is lost in the massive boot. Lost and alone. The gardai should get a team together to search the massive boot and hopefully find her before it's too late.
    Just be thankful it's a Mondeo and not a Skoda Superb!

Any word about the mileage he gets with the Mondeo ? Is it the diesel or petrol he's using? Personally I prefer the Honda Tourer, with a massive 650 cubic cm.boot, for disposing of bodies , while a sporty Mazda MX5 or a classic coupe like the Celica is best for drive-by shootings and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

fin12 wrote: »
    He’s acting very calm and doesn’t look worried about them searching the woods. Maybe he knows nothing will be found......

He added: “I felt sick driving down from Youghal, I know it’s only a short distance but it’s a place we’ve never been, we drove past it on numerous occasions, and obviously as I was working I had deliveries on this road.

“But this is the first time I’ve ever stopped off here, and I just feel sick.

I think the opposite tbh. Seems like he went to visit the site specifically to say it’s his first time there and to reiterate that he...I mean “they” have never been or stopped off there despite him saying they have passed through a lot.

Wonder did he do his deliveries drive by style on that road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

fin12 wrote:
    Plus according to him Tina was really into her fashions and shopping so I presume she went to Cork city quite often therefore passing through Castlemartyr.

He hasn't said they've never been in Castlemartyr to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭CZ 453

He said they'd stop there to go into the Centra to do the Lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

He said they don’t know Castlemartyr, would you really say that about a place that’s 20mins from where u live and one which you more than likely pass through on a regular basis.

• Advertisement

He said they don’t know Castlemartyr, would you really say that about a place that’s 20mins from where u live and one which you more than likely pass through on a regular basis.

He 100% said he'd stop there to do the lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

CZ 453 wrote: »
    He 100% said he'd stop there to do the lottery.

Ya I know he said that but in the same interview he said but we don’t know the place. We’ve spent no time there.

He was talking about the town and then went on later about the woods. All I’m trying to say is, i don’t think anyone living in Youghal would turn around and say they don’t know Castlemartyr.

He can’t say she would never go here or has never spent time there? How the f*ck would he know? He was away working in UK for a year and it seems that he was the only one working in the relationship so how does he know what she did or where she went while he was at work?

Yeah but what is knowing Castlemartyr? He stopped there to do the lottery. It hardly means he knows the place.

I could tell you I live 30 mins from there and tell you the people I live with never go there or to my knowledge never spend time there. He could only answer what he thinks he knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I pass through Ballymun on a regular basis. It's about 20 minutes from where I live. I don't know Ballymun. I've no reason to stop there, just passing though to get somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

fin12 wrote:

He said they know it to drive through and sometimes stopped to do the lottery there. He also said he made deliverys around there. But they never went to the woods there according to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

He’s looking through a gap in the fence? I think people are seeing what they want to see now

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I had to delete a few of the last few replies because they were total speculation.

What’s the story with her best friend, does she exist? He said he didn’t have her number to see if Tina had been in touch but what’s the “best friend” said since that? She must have called Tina’s mobile by now.

Why don’t the reporters ask follow on questions?

Oh yeah, if he is the mobile phone account holder, why didn’t he check the account online to get the best friends number or even ring the provider?

Once again, the reporters never asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

He was talking about the town and then went on later about the woods. All I’m trying to say is, i don’t think anyone living in Youghal would turn around and say they don’t know Castlemartyr.

He can’t say she would never go here or has never spent time there? How the f*ck would he know? He was away working in UK for a year and it seems that he was the only one working in the relationship so how does he know what she did or where she went while he was at work?

I grew up in Youghal, passed through Castlemartyr many times
    I no longer live in Youghal but can't say that I'm familiar with the woods or the village in all honesty

I've lived in Newbridge for 4 years now and don't know places like Monasterevin particularly well.

They've only lived in Youghal a few years, it is entirely feasible that they don't know it too well. One could stop off at a garage in a place but not really know it.

I've lived in Newbridge for 4 years now and don't know places like Monasterevin particularly well.

It was a strange choice to go there and be interviewed though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,981 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement