Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

loyatemu wrote: »

Why is he continually saying he’s not doing any more interviews when it’s clearly the extreme opposite?
    He can’t keep his mug off the telly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭Comhrá

loyatemu wrote: »

Not sure what to make of all this at this stage. Are the media milking it ruthlessly for all it's worth, or is there some more deliberate move afoot by AGS to give him every chance to perhaps incriminate himself with all these interviews?

It's getting more bizarre by the day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Smythz

If you google images of Richard Satchwell there is not one single photo of him with family, friends, Tina's family

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

blade1 wrote: »
    You mean you didn't know before he got caught?
    Oops forgot, that would have been speculation and that's a big no no!!!

No, I didn't know.

But yes, I believed he did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

The dungarvan aspect is immaterial. Sure he had 4 days to play with. It's not as if there is a definitive time of death /disappearance. He very probably was in dungarvan aldi etc. Everything that happened could have happened anytime in the next 4 days.

It should at least be checked out. Hopefully its one of the 220 lines of enquiry.

As I said earlier, its very difficult these days for a person to walk out of a house and disappear from the face of the earth without anyone witnessing, seeing or talking to her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So he'll repeat the same crap on d'arcy show im guessing. Glad im working and wont see it. Oh forgot - never watch anyway.
    This man is goibg to talk himself into trouble or mayve thats what our police are hoping.

He's been talking to the press and the guards for a year straight at this point.

When exactly is he going to talk himself into trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

Anyone know what Tina's surname pre marriage was. I am not going to look it up or anything, just wondered. I don't think it has been mentioned, so therefore her family are unknown really.

Dingivan apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

fin12 wrote: »
    Those tags are usually from clothes bought online aswell. The red triangle thing I’ve only ever seen them on clothes when you have bought them online.

She was meant to have had a bit of debt with some clothing company.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

She was meant to have had a bit of debt with some clothing company.

Really?

Really?

He said that at some point last year on the radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Heno1167

I read somewhere that apparently he claimed she had run up a debt with a clothing catalogue. Didn't see or read the interview where he claimed this so don't know if it's true.
    But surely if this was the case would he have not paid her debt out of the €26,000 he kept in the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Heno1167

Yes, you could easily work up debt with those companies especially with the interest. It's also easy to have more than one account.
    She might have being keeping it secret from him.

At another stage he said he used sell things at car boot sales and she used go off and buy things and they used visit a lot of charity shops. So they might have had a lot of clothes that weren't overly expensive.

Yeah I understand how easy it can be to run up a debt with these companies.
    Haven't seen the interview where he said this, was just wondering in what context did he make this claim. Was it just to let people know how obsessed she was with fashion or was he claiming that this was one of the reasons for her depression, that she was in debt?

Heno1167 wrote: »
    Yeah I understand how easy it can be to run up a debt with these companies.
    Haven't seen the interview where he said this, was just wondering in what context did he make this claim. Was it just to let people know how obsessed she was with fashion or was he claiming that this was one of the reasons for her depression, that she was in debt?

I got the impression it was she liked clothes.
    He's always talked about he liking clothes and fashion but has he ever really linked that to her depression?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

The c.c.t.v. footage around Youghal town must be very poor. You would thing there would be footage of her final movements around the town before she disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

How come there’s never any mention of the suitcases in any interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Helen Bailey's body was found at her home in a second septic tank . RS home was forensically checked wasn't it?

Interestingly I was reading on another forum last night that the wood is adjacent to a sewage disposal plant which discharges into swampy ground ... wouldn't like to be the guys who have to check that out tbh ..

http://www.eveningecho.ie/corknews/Probe-underway-into-Castlemartyr-sewage-spill-9f60d4a7-35a9-4c0a-8b37-3167085db0b8-ds

Edit: The site also contains an old graveyard...

See:
    http://www.politics.ie/forum/current-affairs/257825-curious-case-tina-satchwell-13.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

Deco99 wrote: »
    what is the rumour? PM if you cannot post please

TBH I dunno what's  allowed. If a mod wants to send me a PM I can run it by them.
    send me a pm about the rumour. unless it outrageous it won't be out of place in this cesspit of speculation

Guys try and stay away from rumors but ye can say what may have happened in your own opinion.(Within reason) I'm trying to be fair enough but I do have to delete the odd thing.

fin12 wrote: »
    R S said his home was searched, I haven’t seen or heard where the guards have confirmed this. In the case of Tia sharpe the police searched the house where her body was twice before discovering her body there on the third attempt.

I remember the night the house was searched and after it they said they weren't discussing the search to the best of my knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

Suit cases ruled out and "Garda technical experts carried out a forensic examination of the couple’s three-storey home and the couple’s car in early June but there was nothing suspicious found "

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/garda%C3%AD-rule-out-link-between-suitcases-and-missing-woman-1.3367464

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Deco99 wrote: »
    Please remove if inappropriate but I've heard a rumour about why they are searching the woods and RS is not involved in that. Again.. a rumour but I think everyone saying he is guilty should reserve judgement until something comes from the search.

The Garda did say they were looking for evidence,so that's a open ended statement by them

I don't know if this has already being posted but this is facebook page that has being set up by her family.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPersonTinaSatchwell/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Admitting to social welfare fraud on tv after already being to prison for the same thing. Bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Ray is really grilling here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Has he admitted to a form of benefit fraud there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

neonsofa wrote: »
    Admitting to social welfare fraud on tv after already being to prison for the same thing. Bizarre.

Well not really.
    There is no money... not now anyway.
    He didn't declare it at the time, but having money doesn't necessarily mean fraud without a proper means test and reassessment.
    BTW, Who else knew about the 26000, before it went missing?

How did this witness know he would be at the tv3 studios? That’s where he said he approached him, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Colser wrote: »
    Thought he said that man spoke to her in January..

Sorry I missed that bit - apologies. It may not have been her at all so I guess and just somebody who looked a bit like her.

Edited: Surely if she was walking a dog round Dublin she would have been spotted by far more people by now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Its too obvious to be him... going by one of the pictures does she have a distinctive tatoo on her chest?

• Advertisement

Every time I see him a little bit more to his story!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement